jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pacman366 said:
so would it be possible to dump the nand from one wii and flash it to another w/ bootmii?

Hmm I don't know the answer to that but that's an interesting thought. Theoretically, you could buy two Wiis and copy legally purchased DLC/ WW/ VC stuff to the second Wii that way (though the legality of that is iffy.)

thebobinc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
gumbyscout said:
thebobinc said:
NEW FONCTION IN HOMEBREW CHANNEL

it search your fat 32 partition on your hard drive to find apps
biggrin.gif

so no more need of the SD , it let you use it for Wiiware so more place on your Wii
How did you put the homebrew applications on your hard drive? Was it in a apps folder, because it doesn't read them for me :/.

you have to do 2 partition on your hdd, one fat of max 30 gig , and the second one you create a new partition with the remaning and you DONT format it, then with eider usb loader or wbsf tool you format your second partition for your wii

the you juste drag and drop your SD in your FAT32

AlexDP

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Gamemaster1379 said:
I noticed some mentioned installing this as a IOS/WAD file instead of installing it to boot2. Where would one find such a file for Bootmii?
Read the readme or the website, it's all written there.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pacman366 said:
so would it be possible to dump the nand from one wii and flash it to another w/ bootmii? and is there a quicker way to remove preloader than downgrading systemmenu?

I doubt it. Each Wii has its own unique NAND key(s), so it likely wouldn't accept someone else's NAND dump.

pacman366

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jhoff80 said:
pacman366 said:
so would it be possible to dump the nand from one wii and flash it to another w/ bootmii?

Hmm I don't know the answer to that but that's an interesting thought. Theoretically, you could buy two Wiis and copy legally purchased DLC/ WW/ VC stuff to the second Wii that way (though the legality of that is iffy.)

yeah because iv got 2 wiis, one i cant install and cIOSes for the life of me without getting a 1035 error but i WAS able to install bootmii on it , and a got another wii i was able to fully downgrade from 4.0, install all my turcha ioses and up back to 4.0, fully turcha enabled w/ cios v10... im strongly considering taking the plunge, the only thing holding me back is the fact that the nand is encrypted, and i dont know how the keys play a role in boot 1 and specifics of the systems serial number etc...

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
justinrocks123 said:
Mann!! the same problem i had with preloader is in bootmii too. When i launch on go to homebrew channel
it gives my a pixelated screen of the homebrew channel loading, hope its fixable. I've noticed a few other people have this issue but only a few.

pic link

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj235/J...76/IMG_1180.jpg

what does it do if you load it from the wii menu? Not saying i can help you, cause its a rare problem i've only seen about 2 other people with this prob

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
kongsnutz said:
I reinstalled HBC 1.0.1.

HBC 1.0.2 DOES NOT READ SDHC

Expect HBC 1.0.3 in a matter of days because of this stupid error.

heh... I think you are the 1st person to discover that. Anyway, do you have any idea if installing bootmii as an IOS will I still be able to access the sdcard upon power up of the wii to restore the nand or does it only work if it was installed as boot2?

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
pacman366 said:
jhoff80 said:
pacman366 said:

yeah because iv got 2 wiis, one i cant install and cIOSes for the life of me without getting a 1035 error but i WAS able to install bootmii on it , and a got another wii i was able to fully downgrade from 4.0, install all my turcha ioses and up back to 4.0, fully turcha enabled w/ cios v10... im strongly considering taking the plunge, the only thing holding me back is the fact that the nand is encrypted, and i dont know how the keys play a role in boot 1 and specifics of the systems serial number etc...

Since I assume that the nand contains all the Wii's IOSes and cIOSes. It would be awesome if this worked. Because my friend has a Wii which has this most puzzling bug with the GUI when apps like wad manager/usb loader are executed. It works BUT the selection arrow (when wanting to select which wad to install from wad manager) is missing.
yaypsp.gif

Posts merged

QUOTE(Meannekes @ May 14 2009, 12:00 PM)
only in boot2

So how is nand restore applied? From HBC 1.0.2 bootmii select option?

Meannekes

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the ios version do everything like the boot2 version but if you have a brick you cant load the ios version to unbrick your wii

thebobinc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Bloodlust said:
kongsnutz said:
I reinstalled HBC 1.0.1.

heh... I think you are the 1st person to discover that. Anyway, do you have any idea if installing bootmii as an IOS will I still be able to access the sdcard upon power up of the wii to restore the nand or does it only work if it was installed as boot2?

only on boot2

on ios it only boot trough the homebrew channel

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
thebobinc said:
Bloodlust said:
kongsnutz said:
I reinstalled HBC 1.0.1.

only on boot2

on ios it only boot trough the homebrew channel

If that's the case, a full brick will render the Wii useless since it can't boot up at all to access HBC for a nand restore.
wacko.gif

To those who already installed it as a boot2 and still have preloader installed, does it significantly increase the boot up time to system menu upon power on as quoted by some of the users?

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, people with questions about the IOS bootmii should look at the Hackmii post "Bootmii and the New Boot1" on Hackmii.com. It's in the February 2009 section and a bit more in depth. I would link to it but I am typing this from Wii.

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The bootmii checker gives me a hash that doesn't end or begin with (2cdd…), (4a7c…), or (f01e…).
The hackmii installer states I can only install as an IOS. So, should I write to the hackmii guys, I don't have internet for the Wii to send via the checker.
My hash begins like 869eef2f and ends with eac3608, I can barely read it since it's blurry on this television, so don't take those as exact digits/numerics.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, Yea I heard law is vastly different there
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Nigeria's central bank did make crypto illegal before, until last year they lifted the ban. Always make sure to check before you exchange. ;)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, speaking of crypto i remember reading about a guy who spend like 10 grand bitcoin on a couple pizzas (when bitcoin wasnt as worthy as nowadays)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's mental. If he had saved up when Bitcoin sky-rocketed in price, then he might've become the next Jeff Bezos for all I know.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, he couldnt know the price was gonna skyrocket anyway
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Then it dropped sometime in 2022, 2021 was when it really went up in price.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also recall watching a video of some failed games with their own crypto currency or smth like that, lemme link it to you (it's in spanish tho)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, I remember that. Didn't Steam ban games with NFTs before somehow devs managed to circumvent it? Think EA tried to dabble in NFTs too.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Glad to hear people realise that NFTs aren't worth it these days. They realise that they're JPEGs hosted on a file-hosting site like AWS or Google Drive.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Atleast it has captions
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Meta also tried to create their own crypto, but that fell through.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Was called Libra, they had around 100 employees and wanted to hire more near to end of the year.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, idk why facebook tried to do that metaverse thing if mmo games already existed before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And Yea I refuse to call it meta
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, I refuse to call it Meta, too. It's a stupid name.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, then why did you call it like that a minute ago?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I don't get why Facebook ever wanted to dabble into virtual reality, when other companies were doing it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Just to emphasize on what I mean.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, If women bug you, find a man instead lol.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    investors expect crazy profits regardless of the methods to achieve it. so ceo's gotta get creative
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Isn't that like every corporation?
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, thats what @AncientBoi did (although he probably liked men from the beggining)
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, (for now)
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, (for now) +1