Hacking Bricked Wii/Black Screen

rambai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all hope someone can help here

It all started when my daughter formated the memory so homebrew was gone so i was trying to put it back on.

I have a Wiikey V2 installed in my Wii, however while installing the homebrew channel first off i had to install the software onto my SD card etc and run it,

I am running 3.4E by the way if any help.

I was using Bannerbomb to install it first off i had to use Downgrade IOS35.dol done that installed Wad Manager and associated files.

This is where i had trouble i dont know was something still installing or downgrading i thought it was frozen so i turned it off (nOOb) resulting in me having a black screen when i turn it on. I dont even get the safety screen to press A.

Any help would be appricated as this is my daughters wii and dad is in trouble if she want to play with it thank feck the Sims 3 is out.

Is there a way to boot from a cd or something, I tried that iso from wiikey site but didn't boot. I also downloaded syn-backup1_31 (did not try it) which was linked on another post but stated it didn't work with bricked wii if thats what i have.

I am not getting any error message as some have posted just a black screen but the wii will accept discs.

Sending it back to nintendo is not an option as its been modded.

Would getting SaveMii work for me.

I dont mind loosing whatever was saved better to play again than not to play at all.

Thanks in advance

Rambai

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1) Serial number of Wii?
2) Press all four d-pad buttons on a GC controller (or dance pad) down while plugged into fourth controller port. Report back results.
3) NEVER turn off a downgrader. EVAR.
4) Dude. Bootmii.
5) Sims 3 is not out on Wii
tongue.gif

rambai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
1) Serial number of Wii?
2) Press all four d-pad buttons on a GC controller (or dance pad) down while plugged into fourth controller port. Report back results.
3) NEVER turn off a downgrader. EVAR.
4) Dude. Bootmii.
5) Sims 3 is not out on Wii tongue.gif

@ SFenton

1. LEH224316598
2. Dont have a pad but will get one tomorrow
3. Know that now lol
4. downloading as i type il get it a go.
5. Na PC version

wolffangalchemist

Cousin has a wii screwdriver hes droppping it in tomorrow

Il post back if fixed or not

Thanks again

rambai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No still not working we were at it for ages no joy.
mad.gif

Options 1. is there anyone here has a shop or do repairs that can do it (will pay for it to be done) i asked ghost2fitter where i bought it but they said they dont repair bricked wii

Option 2. Send it back to nintendo i purchased it at christmas so its still in warranty but will they remove my wiikey, If remove my wiikey myself will i have a warranty void, Having a wiikey installed is it void anyway

Option 3. buy SaveMii use it with these discs Brick Fixing Discs

Any advice and help would be greatfull

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Normally the warranty sticker is put over the screws on the wii so as soon as you try and access the internals - nintendo will know and this typically voids the warranty.
A totally blank screen means either a hardware failure (highly unlikely, but not impossible, in your case given the circumstances leading up to it) or NAND corruption which is entirely more likely. This can only be restored via Bootmii and as you have not backed up your NAND I cant see how you can restore it.

Pip_X

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
wolffangalchemist said:
black screen normally means disconnected or broken bluetooth module.
open it up and see if it's loose if not you'll need to get a new bluetooth module.

U sure it's that easy?

My Wii 3.2U bricked->savemiifrii with wii music -> 3.3U -> still bricked -> safemiifrii with mario power tennis -> 3.4U -> still bricked!

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Pip_X said:
wolffangalchemist said:
black screen normally means disconnected or broken bluetooth module.
open it up and see if it's loose if not you'll need to get a new bluetooth module.

U sure it's that easy?

My Wii 3.2U bricked->savemiifrii with wii music -> 3.3U -> still bricked -> safemiifrii with mario power tennis -> 3.4U -> still bricked!
If you get no video output then Savemiifrii will not work at all therefore this brick is different than what you are experiencing. Form my own personal experience I corrupted my NAND but the Wii will behave the same if the Bluetooth receiver is toast.

Question for the topic starter. Can you turn on the Wii with the Wiimote? If you can do this it is probably not the bluetooth but rather your NAND at which point without BootMii installed you are gonna have to send it back to Nintendo. Take out the chip if you can otherwise you might have to bit the bullet.

drshaneisin82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i downgraded it back to 4.1U and when i did that i
been having problems with it since then .. when i would try to go my Wii
Settings it wont let into my settings and when i tried to play a game i downloaded
a few months ago it wouldn't let me play the game and i also tried to upgraded back to 4.2U
cuz when i was on 4.2U before i never had any problems Not Even Once So i upgraded it to 4.2U and after when i did that my wii stopped working completely and this is what i used ... 4.2U-RVL-WiiSystemmenu-v481.wad and what happen is that i tried to install IOS70-64-v6687 [Patched][FreeTheBug].wad with DOP-Mii and couldn't do it but it somehow let me
download 4.2u-RVL-WiiSystemmenu-v481 and after when i did that is when everything went dead and i need to know if theres any hope for me at all
angry.gif
unsure.gif

KiiNG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drshaneisin82 said:
i downgraded it back to 4.1U and when i did that i
been having problems with it since then .. when i would try to go my Wii
Settings it wont let into my settings and when i tried to play a game i downloaded
a few months ago it wouldn't let me play the game and i also tried to upgraded back to 4.2U
cuz when i was on 4.2U before i never had any problems Not Even Once So i upgraded it to 4.2U and after when i did that my wii stopped working completely and this is what i used ... 4.2U-RVL-WiiSystemmenu-v481.wad and what happen is that i tried to install IOS70-64-v6687 [Patched][FreeTheBug].wad with DOP-Mii and couldn't do it but it somehow let me
download 4.2u-RVL-WiiSystemmenu-v481 and after when i did that is when everything went dead and i need to know if theres any hope for me at all
angry.gif
unsure.gif

It's usually wiser to start your own thread instead of hijacking someone elses.

For whatever reason you downgraded, in your attempts to do whatever you were doing, it looks like you borked the system menu. If you don't have BootMii on boot2 then you're rather screwed. It would be helpful to define what you're calling "dead." Does it not turn on anymore, just a black screen? Since you reinstalled the system menu, I'm guessing you killed Priiloader. Hold reset after pushing Power, if you don't see Priiloader's menu -- sorry to say, but you shouldn't mess with installing wads to IOS unless you are 100% sure of what you're doing.

drshaneisin82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did exactly what you said .. hit reset when i turn on my wii and wait til priiloader to show but when i did that nothing popped up .. its still stuck on the black screen
is there any other way to get the black screen off besides what you said or not

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3