Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumpman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
toejam316 said:
What you're all missing is if he can get his hands on an infectus, he could still dump his NAND with that, extract the keys (keys =/= System Menu), use that to run Betwiin on another Wii's NAND, and dump it on to his Wii.
Or, if he really wanted to, unpack the nand dump and manually reinstall the system menu, repack it and restore the system menu.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am so, so tempted to tell OP to try booting up a Ubuntu disc, delete his Windows drive's system32 folder and reboot without the Ubuntu disc to create a makeshift NAND key generator

tylerzentz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FireEmblemGuy said:
I am so, so tempted to tell OP to try booting up a Ubuntu disc, delete his Windows drive's system32 folder and reboot without the Ubuntu disc to create a makeshift NAND key generator

Ahahahaha I'm printing this thread. The community here is priceless.

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
DeadlyFoez said:
fivex said:
toejam316 said:
What you're all missing is if he can get his hands on an infectus, he could still dump his NAND with that, extract the keys (keys =/= System Menu), use that to run Betwiin on another Wii's NAND, and dump it on to his Wii.
Or, if he really wanted to, unpack the nand dump and manually reinstall the system menu, repack it and restore the system menu.
:facepalm:

Doing that will not work without the keys. The keys are the key to fixing wii's
What we were both saying, Deadly"HURPADERPAMTROLL"Foez, is that the Wii isn't totally destroyed, and if he really tries at it, it's still POSSIBLY FIXABLE. People like you are the reason GBA Temp has a bad rep - instead of simply explaining why someone is wrong, you try tear them to shreds, even when there's nothing wrong within what they said, only what you assume they implied.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
But DeadlyFoez is absolutely right.

The OP needs at least their Wii's unique private keys to even do anything at all. Without those keys, the OP is screwed. And there is currently no known hardware device that can extract these keys. Infectus only dumps the NAND.

DeadlyFoez has already stated this multiple times in this thread, in plain English too.
But it seems that some people (by the looks of things, you too toejam316) have not been bothered read the entire thread prior to replying, or did read it, but ignored it. That's my observation anyway.

It annoys people when known facts are ignored in favor of random ideas without any research to back them up, and this leads to flaming.

IMO, GBATemp doesn't hav a bad rep, it's just certain people (mainly noob-haters, and old softmii and wadder members) who personally hate the site for god knows what reason.

The OP hasn't replied, so we can only assume that they don't have the keys require to fix their Wii.

My guess (and most likely everybody else's too) is that the OP didn't have bootmii installed, when they decided to uninstall the system menu.

And the OP hasn't even replied to even explain why they uninstalled the System Menu in the first place...

So, long story short, the OP needs their Wii's unique private keys, and also needs to know what versions of boot1 and boot2 they already have installed, before anyone even has a chance to help them, and the OP hasn't replied with such details.

nash79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
toejam316 said:
DeadlyFoez said:
fivex said:
toejam316 said:
:facepalm:

Doing that will not work without the keys. The keys are the key to fixing wii's
What we were both saying, Deadly"HURPADERPAMTROLL"Foez, is that the Wii isn't totally destroyed, and if he really tries at it, it's still POSSIBLY FIXABLE. People like you are the reason GBA Temp has a bad rep - instead of simply explaining why someone is wrong, you try tear them to shreds, even when there's nothing wrong within what they said, only what you assume they implied.
Had he had bootmii installed as boot too, it wouldnt take him more than 5 mins to fix it (replace setting.txt and install the system menu). But it seems that the chap though uninstalling system menu is like uninstalling a VC WAD (as they're both WADs
tongue.gif
)

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the author obviosly never searched for anything as there are a ton of posts about people making this mistake and they all get slammed for it, any decent guide ever made always says never uninstall any IOS, anyway deadlyfoes I lol at your superbowl post your 1 lucky SOB you didnt find yourself in a ditch face down in water, anyway how's the wii fixing business going?

great thread laughed at this alot lol

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
da_letter_a said:
IMO, GBATemp doesn't hav a bad rep, it's just certain people (mainly noob-haters, and old softmii and wadder members) who personally hate the site for god knows what reason.

Being a WADder member from the off and helping out the SoftMii lads I've never had a problem with GBAtemp.
The only 2 members I know of that could hold a grudge would be icefire/Xuzz for the removal of WADder and loss of early release notes and djdynamite for his banning. A quick look at the WADder member list will show how many GBAtemp members there are on WADder and how flawed that comment is.
Also the noob-haters seem to love it here don't they DeadlyFoez?
biggrin.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Many people just use the "GBAfail" name without even knowing what it came from
tongue.gif

If WADder got removed, it had a good reason. And djdyna was banned for spamming...

Anyway, it seems the OP doesn't want/need any help since he never replied again...
Which is a shame

Maybe if most people would've been serious it wouldn't have happened
dry.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk