XP
Country
Canada
I already have Street Fighter.

The games I want to get are either:
- Pilotwings
- Ridge Racer
- Rayman

Pilotwings because, well, I love Pilotwings (or at least the one for the SNES). I heard it takes a while to actually 100% everything in Pilotwings which is a plus considering I thought the game only took around 3 hours to beat. People have said it took them about 10 hours to 100% it. I don't have Wii Sports Resort so Wuhu island will be new to me. The only problem is that I'm not sure how much I'd actually play this in the future when I have about 5+ games to choose between with. I want something that could last me a while and the future. Same with the other games want.

Ridge Racer because I heard it was one of the better 3DS games as of right now and is pretty lengthy. I like Ridge Racer DS and thought it would be a good purchase. The problem for it though is the lack of online

Rayman because I like platformers and I'm thinking this might last me a while especially trying to 100% everything. This might also last me in the future seeing as how Super Mario 64 DS was my first DS game and I still play it to this day. They're two completely different games but yeah. I don't know though. I haven't really played Rayman before other than the DS version but that kind of sucked due to the slow framerate and such.

Also, I have a feeling that the non-third party games will be around 20$ in no time so should I just wait for that to happen?

What get?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say Rayman 3D. Pilotwings, from what I've heard, is basically just boring shovelware and I don't think anyone has given a shit about Ridge Racer for a while.

Personally I'd choose Samurai Warriors Chronicles or Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars. SWC is just more Warriors gameplay (which is fun and mindless hacking and slashing) and GR:SW is actually supposed to be a pretty beefy strategy title.

Or save your money for something better like MGS3D.

Feels Good Man

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
I'd say Rayman 3D. Pilotwings, from what I've heard, is basically just boring shovelware and I don't think anyone has given a shit about Ridge Racer for a while.

Personally I'd choose Samurai Warriors Chronicles or Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars. SWC is just more Warriors gameplay (which is fun and mindless hacking and slashing) and GR:SW is actually supposed to be a pretty beefy strategy title.

I would save but I need something other than Street Fighter.
ohnoes.png

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feels Good Man said:
Guild McCommunist said:

ohnoes.png
Well then I'd suggest going with Guild's personal suggestions.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feels Good Man said:
ohnoes.png

Meh, it's better to go play another console than forcing yourself into possibly buying a so-so game just to get use out of the system.

There's no real crime in letting it gather dust for a few months.

Plus even though Rayman may be fun, it'll probably be a couple of hours at most and then there's not a whole lot to do. Same goes with Pilotwings and racing in Ridge Racer will become pretty boring pretty quickly.

If SWC is like any of the past DW/SW games it'll at least have a Free Mode to just hack people up with no real limitations and you can spend a bagillion hours leveling up your guys and stuff. Or you could just buy Dynasty Warriors 4 (if you own a PS2) for like under $10 and own bitches.

EDIT: Ghost Recon is supposed to be reasonably long but I'm not sure on any actual game time estimates.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing I like about Pilotwings is that it's a pick up anytime and play thing. You can also keep the photos you take while hang gliding, which is cool.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend skipping everything in OP's list and going with Ghost Recon instead. Rayman is just so/so, Ridge Racer is crap, and Pilot Wings really only shined on the SNES.

Feels Good Man

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not really forcing myself to buy a game. Right now, this is my main gaming system next to my PC. I just want something so I can play on the bus ride to school (which takes about 2 hours). It would be nice to play something other than Street Fighter.

Feels Good Man

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Alright I narrowed my decision down to Pilotwings or Ridge Racer. I won't be getting Rayman or Ghost Recon because if Ubisoft continues its trend, their games will drop in price in no time so i'll just get it then.

Right now.... I still don't know what to choose. I liked Ridge Racer DS and im sure that that rendition is probably one of the worst in the series and yeah, I do love my driving games.

Pilotwings on the other hand is that I love the SNES version. I actually played it yesterday and was still in love with it. The thing is the ONE mission for the squirrel suit and the lack of an actual "free" mode.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have Street Fighter, Rayman, and Pilotwings.

Out of those choices, I would definitely pick Rayman. Pilotwings is really short... Like two hours to beat the whole thing.

I heard Ridge Racers is okay...

Rayman was great. I beat it in about a week, and I'm working on the lums, still so it could last you a while.

tlyee61

le dancing Tyranitar~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:
I have Street Fighter, Rayman, and Pilotwings.

Out of those choices, I would definitely pick Rayman. Pilotwings is really short... Like two hours to beat the whole thing.

I heard Ridge Racers is okay...

Rayman was great. I beat it in about a week, and I'm working on the lums, still so it could last you a while.
WAIT it only took u 2 hours to 100% everything in PilotWings!?
ohmy.gif
wtf.gif

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Pilotwings is nice, although you can "complete" the mission mode in maybe 3 hours if you are really good (but getting all 3 stars on every mission might be a whole other story).

It took me 3,5 h to get an average of 2 stars in all missions.
Up until now I spent an additional 1,5 h in free flying mode and unlocked 3 of 9 and this will probably keep me coming back for some time.

The most fun I had was in the last missions and discovering those little islands in free flying.

Overall I'd rate Pilotwings 7/10

I mainly bought it because it seemed the best from the few launch titles and I don't regret it.

I also considered buying Street Fighter (because it looks cool) and Rayman (because I love jump'n'run), but...

I'm not a huge fighter fan so I thought I will only get few hours of fun out of Street Fighter (sure I could play against other people, but I figured it would get boring soon when I suck at playing it)

Rayman 3D is a remake of Rayman 2. Although the new version looks nice enough, I already played half of the old version on PC. And they didn't really build it from the ground up for the 3DS - they left 2D sprites in there that could be better..

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get Ghost Recon. It's awesome. It took me...eighteen hours (I think) to beat it. Multiplayer is horseshit (it's literally you and someone next to you vs computer), but there's also "skirmish" missions to keep you playing, as well as fair jumps in difficulty if you ever want to play a harder story mode.

pacman366

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Id wait for the june line up. other than street fighter there is int really anything else id drop 36$ on for the 3ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2