nloding

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So let's say, hypothetically, that I found an FTP site to a DVD publishing company that offers downloads of many of their videos as WMV files with DRM. Let's say, hypothetically, that I downloaded some for shits and giggles. Let's say I want to remove the DRM. But I don't have a valid license.

Are there any options yet? I've been Googling and searching but have only found ways to clear the DRM headers when you have a valid license. If I don't have a license, or got a virus, reloaded, and lost it, I find it hard to believe someone hasn't found a way around that yet! Even something as simple (or complex, I guess) as hex editing the file and physically removing the DRM header ...

In short, if I have a DRM protected WMV and no license, what can I do? Can I fake a license? Bypass it? Crack it?

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
http://undrm.info/remove-DRM-protection/Fa...edia-Player.htm

It is suppost to strip all copy protection from WMAs and WMVs...

Its been a while since I've used it so your milage will vary.

-Edit- Oh wait nm...you need a license. You need a key for these files first...you have to be able to play them...its because the encryption is quite strong...there is no way to simply remove it.

Edit 2: To put it simple...the actual movie is wrapped bit by bit in a DRM encryption...it order to access any of it, you will need to DRM key to reside on your computer. Even if you removed the DRM...you basically would have stripped out the entire film too.

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If hypothetically these have not been released yet you could hypothetically help out those hypothetical pirates and get in contact with hypothetical of course a member of a scene group which they will hopefully hypothetically break it then release it to a top site and it will hypothetically spread across the internet. This is all hypothetical of course.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MUSIC DRM files are easy BURN TO DISK as AUDIO cd then RIP BACK to HD in whatever format you require ...DRM will be now gone
smile.gif

WMV as above .... or again convert to another format
smile.gif

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
kobykaan said:
MUSIC DRM files are easy BURN TO DISK as AUDIO cd then RIP BACK to HD in whatever format you require ...DRM will be now gone
smile.gif

WMV as above .... or again convert to another format
smile.gif
The problem is that you need a license to burn it to CD, DVD or whatever
wink.gif

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do not bump old threads make your own. And the answer is no you are silly. Drm are a capitalist endeavour and is illegal in my "imaginary" country.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==