OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I made a 1:1 copy of Call Of Duty World At War, I currently have V0.3 Gamma of the Backup Loader, I have yet to try it as I have to get some DVD-R Disks, Because DVD-RW doesn't work (Got Dvd Read Error 324) which is obviously from the disc. I was recently looking at the v0.3 compatability list and I saw that 1:1 copy freezes in menu with default settings. It says to look at the disscusion page, yet I cannot find this page.

Where can I find this page? since apparently 1:1 copys don't work at all, and if no one knows where this page is then I would highly appreciate some help! What should I do from there since 1:1's apparently don't work...

Thanks in advance, WhiteWingedKnight
yaypsp.gif

WhiteWingedKnigh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm wait, I first installed the cIOS through the cIOS installer and then installed DVDX after, the cIOS installed it right since I got no errors.... could it be that DVDX messed with the cIOS?

Edit: I reinstalled through cIOS Installer multiple times, and it installed fine with no errors, so it must be because Im using a DVD-RW Disk.

pika81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basketballguy743 said:
ive also gotten it to work; however the wii drive is REALLY loud only when i play this game, it might be the disk but idk

I second that, during gameplay the disk drive is constantly busy. It's a 1:1 copy written on DVD-R Verbatim @ 2x using the 0.3g loader. Is it healthy for the drive to
keep playing ?

Cheers

eternus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
(NTSC COD-WAW) My backup is on a SonyDVD-R burnt at 2.4x with imgburn. I have no issues and my drive does not make that much noise. Nothing freezes, everything saves, I don't even notice much of a speed issue since all videos play fine.

I say check to ensure your CIOS is installed properly. Try to use the cIOS_Uninstaller_v1.1 and then Reinstall the CIOS. Don't just keep installing the CIOS without removing the previous. That gave me issues early on.

(By the way, I have only the backup launcher through Homebrew (NO MODCHIP) and am using wiishizza to boot into the game).

Starfire12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
pika81 said:
basketballguy743 said:
ive also gotten it to work; however the wii drive is REALLY loud only when i play this game, it might be the disk but idk

I second that, during gameplay the disk drive is constantly busy. It's a 1:1 copy written on DVD-R Verbatim @ 2x using the 0.3g loader. Is it healthy for the drive to
keep playing ?

Cheers
Thirded. ALso on a Verbatim DVD-R i wont play it anymore until this is settled (hopefully with next loader). At the very least it's going to wear out the laser a lot faster.
Anyone got more details on this BTW?

WhiteWingedKnigh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just to tell you guys, even the original disk itself of the game made alot of noise in my wii system, the game is constantly loading, and i wouldn't see a reason why it shouldn't, since this game is pretty nice and large, with its graphics and all.

WhiteWingedKnigh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Very true, but then again the topic veered off, my question in the beginning was if 1:1 copys of this game works, because in the working games list, it said it 1:1 would freeze in the menus, and i wanted to know if this is true and where can i find the disscusion page.

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WhiteWingedKnight said:
Very true, but then again the topic veered off, my question in the beginning was if 1:1 copys of this game works, because in the working games list, it said it 1:1 would freeze in the menus, and i wanted to know if this is true and where can i find the disscusion page.

I see what you're saying. It's confusing to read now.
smile.gif

Search the noncomp. thread or a general search..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1