Hacking Can I disable wii system updates and keep BootMii?

Salax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on menu 4.2U. Because I have been messing with my IOSs (for USB loading), My copy of Wii Sports Resort wants me to update to 4.2U again. While I can load it from USB Loader GX, my family won't do that. Is there any way I can block the update without having to load it through GeckoOS or something? I also want to keep BootMii, so I don't want to install Priiloader.
Any suggestions?

Salax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
Salax said:
Salax said:
I also want to keep BootMii, so I don't want to install Priiloader.
Try reading the entire post before responding.
installing priiloader doesnt delete bootmii
Really? I was under the impression that it was a boot2 replacement, and thus would overwrite BootMii. I'll try, and if not, no harm done; I can reinstall BootMii. Thanks!

EDIT- The WiiBrew page says to not install it if you have modified IOSs. Is this true, or just an anti-piracy thing?

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Priiloader comes right after Bootmii if you have your sd card in,it goes Bootmii/boot2->Priiliader->System Menu
Salax said:
lolzed said:
Salax said:
Salax said:
I also want to keep BootMii, so I don't want to install Priiloader.
Try reading the entire post before responding.
installing priiloader doesnt delete bootmii
Really? I was under the impression that it was a boot2 replacement, and thus would overwrite BootMii. I'll try, and if not, no harm done; I can reinstall BootMii. Thanks!

EDIT- The WiiBrew page says to not install it if you have modified IOSs. Is this true, or just an anti-piracy thing?
that probably means modified System menu IOS,as long as you haven't modified the SM IOS,you should be safe,especially since you have Bootmii

Salax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
Priiloader comes right after Bootmii if you have your sd card in,it goes Bootmii/boot2->Priiliader->System Menu
Great. Could you answer my second question please?

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
Salax said:
Salax said:
I also want to keep BootMii, so I don't want to install Priiloader.Try reading the entire post before responding.

You are a fail. Thank you for thinking that you know what you are talking about but making a fol of yourself smart-ass. Get help elsewhere

Posts merged

Salax said:
QUOTE(lolzed @ Jan 16 2010, 10:10 PM)
Great. Could you answer my second question please?

You're an idiot. Go away. Seriously. Be rude to people who are trying to help you but all you can do is be snotty because you don't understand. Ask AOL for help on hacking your wii.

If you were in front of me right now I'd slug you in the face for being an asshole.

OTT much

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
DeadlyFoez said:
If you were in front of me right now I'd slug you in the face for being an asshole.
i take it you'll be ignoring this one too?
smileipb2.png

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Wii Sports Resort do not have any 4.2 update, you should be secure to update it, just make a NAND backup just incase and update.

masamunecyrus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
DeadlyFoez said:
i take it you'll be ignoring this one too?
smileipb2.png
Hahaha, WIN. This should go on bash.org
laugh.gif

And @Salax:
Go ahead and install Preloader, it shouldn't be a problem. Priiloader 0.3b just came out today, so you should install that, and make sure to get the correct hacks for your system menu version here (place them on the root of your SD card in a text file called "hacks.ini").

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only Xbox I don't have is the OG, and One X model specifically, I regret giving my chipped OG model to one of my kids years ago, after later hearing he sold it to pawn shop, damn kids!
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, You shouldn't raise Fortnite gamers.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have they own kids now that will pay them back for all the things they did to me, that's how it works, Karma.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell their kids about pawn shops
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol I still got mw2 open beta on this ps4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just recently picked up a n64 from a garage sell, and looking to mod it and add a HDMI port to it. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3548173115...044&customid=4f3038da73b61afddf7e5e90f4153856
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd like to find a power strip and HDMI selector built in 1 unit, so I can select which game system I want, and will switch to that hdmi, and power on that plug/power supply only, so don't have all game systems powered all the time, but can't find anything like. May just have to make something myself.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe start a kick starter page and sell them, yea right. Big N would prob C&D me, not anything Big N related, but just because that's what they do nowdays. Then come out with they own in a year or so.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nice. Which operating system are you installing?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, windows 10 and some linux distro like linux mint
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    dualbooth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Yeah, I'd recommend having another OS just in-case you want to play games.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least Linux doesn't contain spyware than what Windows has.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, cuz of lag?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No. Whenever you use the internet on Windows, Microsoft collects personal data and installs bloatware that isn't necessarily needed, such as Edge.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Speaking of which
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I recall @impeeza mentioned some trick about not having bloatware when installing windows where you set up your country to "world" or smh like that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes, you can debloat the operating system, but in some cases for me it just reinstalls them.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I also recall my brother downloded a "non bloated" version of windows 11 on his pc
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Why debloat? Why not embrace and enjoy my bloat?" - Gates
    +2
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    @Xdqwerty yes, when you are installing Windows on the first steps you are asked for your current location, you MUST to select «international» so no bloatware is installed, because the bloatware is location based. if this night I have some time I will setup a VM and take screenshots.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    User Gates "Disliked" your answer.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: User Gates "Disliked" your answer.