Hacking Can I go from IOS16 to Ios 37

Darkofdeath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, i have system menu 3.1u and would like to play my wii ware games. i have HBC so i do not want to upgrade, i also think i have IOS16. i was wondering can i go from IOS 16 to installing IOS37 without bricking my wii or messing up HBC. THX in advance

Plz reply ASAP

Darkofdeath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thx for the quick reply, so do you mean that i can just install IOS 37 without messing up HBC or bricking my wii? or do i have to install IOSs in order

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since you don't seem to be very knowledgeable in the field of how IOS's work I would advise against doing anything directly to individual IOS. On that note NEVER EVER delete any IOS you have. My suggestion would be to just follow this guide to upgrade yourself to 4.0 through waninkoko's updater. If you do this correctly you shouldn't lose any functionality in anything and you will be up to date with anything you should need.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

Before that though, if you can, see if you can install bootmii to boot2 on your wii by running the hackmii installer from bootmii.org and do that first if possible then use it to backup your wii's nand. If you're able to do that you can skip steps 6 and 7 about preloader on that guide.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Waninkokos updater won't install any IOSs besides 60 and 61 (unless there is a new ersion I don't know about).
So I would recomend to install cIOS rev12 and then update through Nintendo. Afterwards you can run IOS Downgrader. With that you should have every IOS there is and the old ones still trucha enabled.

Darkofdeath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but the problem is i dont have internet, and i dont want to update because i want to keep HBC. so my question is how do i get my wii to play wii ware games that require IOS37.

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you can keep HBC with updating, it works on all system menu's.. alternatively you can install IOS37 via wad manager if that is all you need..

i would recommend reading up on wii IOS and reading some of the guides on this forum for clarification sake..

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That guide I posted also has an offline downgrade/upgrade section. I think from where you are you can just do steps 1-3 and 10-12 on that (making sure to use the right systemmenuv###.wad for your region.

If you really just want that one IOS you should be able to just install that one provided you find the right one that you need. Just don't try to uninstall stuff if it didn't do what you need it to do. Only reinstall over IOS's, don't delete and try to install again.

Also as I said in the last post if you're afraid of bricking, look into bootmii, read up on it, install it to boot2 if you can.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
use Wad Manager to install it, or use IOS Downgrader, it will install the IOSes you lack off, from IOS12 to 37...!!
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

Wow, this guy really does not know much does he?

Check HSG (My sig), read up onto everything. Should straight you up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: After my shower +1