Hacking Can Someone Help me that knows their stuff ?

aslo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
aslo said:
FenrirWolf said:
I'm almost 100% certain you have to downgrade. Even if you don't, the benefits of doing so are rather nice and I don't know why you'd rather stay on 3.4.

Ah, someone that almost 100% certain. This is good.

I originally just want to see if it were possible to play backups with out modding the machine. I installed the Homebrew Channel. It was a frustrating experience because many told me the wrong thing, sent me to the wrong files and generally had no clue.
but i have the Homebrew channel running. But i cant seem to load .wad files with the loader, therefore i cant seem to run the backup loader which is all i want to try.

I dont mind trying software that installs as a save file, runs a program that perhaps defeats the id check on dvd discs, but, whether i want to trust people and hacked software,
to downgrade the wii system files, are another story. So im not sure i am going any further. What ive seen so far has not exactly inspired confidence.

Thanks for the reply.

It's just when you really decide not to downgrade, then please don't bug around with "i can't do this, i can't do that, everybody gives me shitty tips", because with 3.3v2 or 3.4(*edit: without a installed cIOS) you can't install cIOS files, you can't install wads and nearly all tips people will give you won't work for you.

Wow, kind of a double negative run on sentence with tech nomenclature.
I havent decided anything. Look i apologize for being pissed. Most of my misinformation came from other places, not here. When i started here, i saw it happening all over again, and im losing my grip.
I havent decided anything. It took this many posts to come to the conclusion, that with 3.4 and Homebrew installed, i may (near 100% sure) have to downgrade the wii system files in order to run a backup loader.
Then im not sure if the backup i burn has to be done on one of four LG models at high speed, or 2x etc etc.

So im not sure if i will downgrade system files, im not into hacking just for hacking.

to answer your question, i dont know. I had hoped that maybe it was a mini operating system that ran from a sd card, within a channel of the wii,therefore not dangerous to the wii system files.

thanks for your help.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
I'm almost 100% certain you have to downgrade. Even if you don't, the benefits of doing so are rather nice and I don't know why you'd rather stay on 3.4.

true, but....

aslo said:
QUOTE(Edgedancer @ Dec 12 2008, 11:14 PM) If you want to play backups then it is preferable, if not necessary to downgrade.

Thank you, but again, no one is saying.. "You must downgrade to play backups"

...you're right, in fact...

I can tell you with 100% certainty you DO NOT have to downgrade to:
-play backups
-install wads
-do almost all the other stuff available

look in my sig, there is a link, follow it, there is an nfo, read it, and download the pack....do as the instruction say.....you will be installing and burning and playing in no time.

aslo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, yes i found the link to the files and ive downloaded them. I will give it a shot. Though i must tell you that even with the twi hack, i have not been able to install wads.
But i will copy the files over to the card and see what happens.

if this works it will make you a hero, dare i say a legend.
If not, youll be just another ahole.

but thanks, im hoping for legend.

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
....i hate to say this aslo, but seriously read what people are telling you to do... ive previously posted a guide that another gbatemp member created that would guide you through the downgrade process... ive also sent you pm's giving you my msn so that i can guide you through this process live...ive even offered to send you certain files via email...

if noobwarrior cant get you up and running, you are lost... as this stuff is far from complicated...

aslo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now see you go and ruin things.
so now i need an additional wad. I didnt get the hint at all. you mean if i ask for it you will always tell me or something like that ?
this is way too strange folks and ive done everything from satellite dishes to you name it.
i give up where is 10s16 wad, is there only one version ?

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
google IOS 16 .... you should find what you need.. i would tell you more but gbatemp does not condone piracy, or copyrighted material...so therefore i cannot say more....PM if you like...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry for being pissed last night, but to me it seemed like you thought nobody was really willing to help you and/or knows what he's telling. There is a lot of stuff you can't do with 3.4 firmware, and there is some stuff you can only do with 3.2 like Starfall. To me and i think most of the other people here it's a rhetorical question to downgrade or not. In order to downgrade you need IOS16, since it's only on some recovery disc from nintendo you can't legally obtain, you can't get it directly in a legally way. But if i remember correctly there is a way to create a IOS16 out of a IOS15 with a patch. I can't look at the moment, but IOS15 should be on one of your games. If it is, you can extract it with wufe, it's a Wii app which dumps all IOS files which are on a game to sd card. This is the most legal way for now to get IOS wads.

pika9323

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiPower said:
Sorry for being pissed last night, but to me it seemed like you thought nobody was really willing to help you and/or knows what he's telling. There is a lot of stuff you can't do with 3.4 firmware, and there is some stuff you can only do with 3.2 like Starfall. To me and i think most of the other people here it's a rhetorical question to downgrade or not. In order to downgrade you need IOS16, since it's only on some recovery disc from nintendo you can't legally obtain, you can't get it directly in a legally way. But if i remember correctly there is a way to create a IOS16 out of a IOS15 with a patch. I can't look at the moment, but IOS15 should be on one of your games. If it is, you can extract it with wufe, it's a Wii app which dumps all IOS files which are on a game to sd card. This is the most legal way for now to get IOS wads.

There is also a Update_Downloader. But it only works for Linux.

Anyway i uploaded the IOS15toIOS16 tool.

Have fun^^

http://rapidshare.com/files/172946640/IOS15toIOS16.zip

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I forgot, you can legally obtain IOS files from nintendo's servers directly, but i didn't mention it, because normally you get the files splitted in its contents and not a wad.

deervark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aslo,
Seriously, listen to noobwarrior and wiipower. i know you don't "know" anyone here and are new, but these 2 especially know very well what they are talking about. Gbatemp is the place these loaders were born, and these two have helped and contributed immensely here. I would say that you are pretty lucky that these two guys are willing to help you.

There is no reason to not downgrade if you want to play backups. NONE. Everything you do, modding related, can be undone. If you want to play backups of wiiware and VC games, then it is suggested that you downgrade. You don't have to downgrade, but if you do and install starfall it can prevent your wii from being bricked by installing a bad channel. It is just common sense.

We are a very friendly group (except for djtaz) and don't mind helping. Soft modding is fairly easy to do, but there is a little more to it then Place file on SD card, play Copied Game. All of the tools are available here through the forums and PM's. If you want help, then take it. If not, then please don't be rude (like djtaz).

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have also offered to help as much as I can. I usually assist 1 on 1 via MSN, but as you dont use instant messengers I will continue to answer what I can via PM. I cant vouch for many people here, but I can vouch for myself and I can vouch for Noobwarrior. Neither one of us would steer you wrong.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
EmperorOfCanada said:
I have also offered to help as much as I can. I usually assist 1 on 1 via MSN, but as you dont use instant messengers I will continue to answer what I can via PM. I cant vouch for many people here, but I can vouch for myself and I can vouch for Noobwarrior. Neither one of us would steer you wrong.

EOC and NoobWarrior are people of trust and I vouch for both of them as well
wink.gif
they will not do you wrong
smile.gif

nanika

文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully I can remove some worries.

.wad

To install a .wad file, it must either by correctly signed by Nintendo, or be installed by an old IOS version, which accepts Trucha signatures as well as Nintendo signatures.

Now, tutorials for how to get .wad installing working on 3.4 will start by telling you to install a .wad, but unlike every other .wad, this one actually installs properly, as it's signed by Nintendo. The reason this must be done is that every other IOS on the Wii is updated, and doesn't accept Trucha-signed .wads. However, Nintendo doesn't distribute IOS16 anywhere other than on a Recovery Disc. So, there is currently no IOS16 on Wiis that people haven't had the Recovery Disc used on, or installed it themselves, no matter how many times they've updated their Wii.

As IOS16 has no update, this one IOS you're installing will then let you use it to install .wad files, with a "Custom .wad Manager", which is set to work with IOS16.

Disks

The data on Wii Disks is encrypted. Because of this most DVD drives fail to read it, and do not allow any access to it as it doesn't make sense to the drive. However, there are a few LG drives which can read the exact data off of Wii Disks an into an .iso file. So, yes, until recently, any .isos you find will have been made by one of those LG drives. I say 'until recently' as now with the advent of homebrew, Wiis can dump disks.
Now for burning. The best advice I can give is to find the best disk and speed combination that works with your drive, and stick with it. Also, don't use speeds unsupported by either your disk or your burner. "MAX" speed has ImgBurn check the drive, and the disk, and use the highest speed that they both can work properly at. (Which, for me, is 6x. Not a bad burn so far.)

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
OK simple so you don't brake your head up

Required:
IOS16 .wad (FILE)
Wad Manager IOS16 (APLICATION)
Wad Manager 1.3 (APLICATION)
cIOS_fix.wad (FILE)
IOS Downgrader (APLICATION)

How to bake:
Use Wad Manager 1.3 to install "IOS16 .wad", then use Wad Manager IOS16 (wich uses IOS16 to function properly) to install cIOS_fix.wad, then use......and read right......IOS Downgrader 1.0 to enable the trucha bug again in your Wii, after doing this WITH NO ERRORS AT ALL you can now install the cIOS (aka IOS249) requiered to use the Backup Launcher, I hope you can read, or at least understand, what are you reading, if not, stop messing around with something you don't have any knowledge about it, and read more untill you learn how to use the entire HBC, ok?

aslo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for all the interest. as of now i installed ios16 without a problem. However all of the wads on noobwarriors set would not install.
but..
after installing ios16 the backup launcher seems to work, and thats all im interested in. I dont know that it works for sure as the disc i burned from a rapidshare iso, wouldnt work. But the launcher is working , effecting the disc etc. and it will launch a legit game.

so now im trying another download and see if i can burn it. i have a nec dvd burner, using maxell discs, and can use imgburn or nero. If my hardware doesnt work then all of the rest is in vain.
Does anyone know of an easy, working game that i could download as a test ?

thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious