Hacking Can someone recommend an easy way to short pin 10 without taking apart the joycon?

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you just need to short two pins why the hell would you need another joycon lol , infact you only need to short one pin to any ground so just touch the paperclip ect to the rail its self

Reactions: crazy_p
D

Deleted User

you just need to short two pins why the hell would you need another joycon lol , infact you only need to short one pin to any ground so just touch the paperclip ect to the rail its self

Paperclip to the Pins ? can you take a picture

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States

I like non essential hardware. I plan to offer services in the future so it will ensure a lifetime of use. I also could use another joycon for games

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you're talking to me, I was going to purchase the joycons anyway. I'd rather just solder a wire/bridge the two points and be done with it. There are also other uses for joycons beside this exploit. :lol:

Reactions: Ronhero

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
If you're talking to me, I was going to purchase the joycons anyway. I'd rather just solder a wire/bridge the two points and be done with it. There are also other uses for joycons beside this exploit. :lol:

Same here. Plus once i get my esp8266 mod done it will be the ultimate on the go solution.

I'm also worried about cheap plastic holding up over time. $30 is 1/10 as expensive as the switch

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like non essential hardware. I plan to offer services in the future so it will ensure a lifetime of use. I also could use another joycon for games

hay if you want it as a added controller ect then yeah makes sense but just to get one to beacsue shorting a pin seems hard is a bit much
Same here. Plus once i get my esp8266 mod done it will be the ultimate on the go solution.

I'm also worried about cheap plastic holding up over time. $30 is 1/10 as expensive as the switch

not aimed at anyone in perticular and dont see why not short one you already have , it was the whole rush out and buy one now , exploit only really out nothing much using it at mo once dust blows over then i would think about getting one other wise i would use what i got

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hm. Is that the dev board that allows you to autorun Linux when it's booted? I remember hearing about something similar in the PS4 scene where people were using them to spoof a wifi connection and host the exploit. (I can't remember if people were installing them in the PS4 system itself.) No PC needed. Are you thinking about doing something similar? Perhaps by mounting it in the Switch's dock. That wouldn't be mobile. Perhaps a port at the bottom of the Switch that allows it to siphon off the Switch's battery and use a USB type C connector for data.

Last edited by Devin,

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm. Is that the dev board that allows you to autorun Linux when it's booted? I remember hearing about something similar in the PS4 scene where people were using them to spoof a wifi connection and host the exploit. (I can't remember if people were installing them in the PS4 system itself.) No PC needed. Are you thinking about doing something similar? Perhaps by mounting it in the Switch's dock.

think he means this but not sure https://github.com/RetroGamer74/ESP8266_Homebrew_2.0_Switch_Pegaswitch

Reactions: Ronhero and Devin
D

Deleted User

thats what i gonna do also gonna go to a friend and let him wire me 2 wires and done

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Keep in mind that this is a tethered hack for now. ktemkin clearly stated that Atmosphère was not tethered, so they certainly found a way to install something, at least to boot Atmosphère. Making a boot menu like grub for the Switch won't be hard if this is the case.

D

Deleted User

Nathan is there already a way to install it to the nand ? so no need for wires

D

Deleted User

i mean Fail0verBoost was writing , that the exploit they used is not patchable and always useable

D

Deleted User

we could write to the nand right now the u boot loader ... i just dont know how to add switches emmc to it

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Or else it's gonna be a semi-tethered solution like boot Atmosphère once and each subsequent boot will boot it again, like a self-patching patch

Reactions: Dr.doom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76bIuU_g6A8