Can't enable Secure Boot on Gigabyte H61M-DS2

Ryab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to help a friend boot into the Windows installer USB on this board, but Secure Boot is listed as "disabled" in the BIOS. However nomatter where we look, we cannot find an option to enable it. I tried looking through the manual to no avail.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Trying to help a friend boot into the Windows installer USB on this board, but Secure Boot is listed as "disabled" in the BIOS. However nomatter where we look, we cannot find an option to enable it. I tried looking through the manual to no avail.
Look for CSM support and set it to enabled. On the H61M-S2PV it's under the BIOS Features menu.

Ryab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look for CSM support and set it to enabled. On the H61M-S2PV it's under the BIOS Features menu.
The manual for the board shows this as an option, but it's not actually listed in the BIOS. It is seeming like the BIOS isnt detecting USB at all at this point.

Ryab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to reset CMOS or update the BIOS.
Reset CMOS did nothing. Tried updating BIOS, and it won't even detect the USB. It is formatted to fat32.
This has been a long long struggle to get working at this point. We are still partially unsure what board this even is. The board on Gigabyte's site doesn't even line up with what we have here. The board says "H61M-DS2 DVI Rev 1", but it visually doesnt align with the rev 1 board on their site. The board says rev 1, but has the layout of a rev 2.1/2.2 board for some reason? I reported this. (They seem to have fixed it now, looking back at it, but it was completely screwed up).

BIOS is some beta version of F2 I saw. Can't remember if it said F2B or F2C.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reset CMOS did nothing. Tried updating BIOS, and it won't even detect the USB. It is formatted to fat32.
This has been a long long struggle to get working at this point. We are still partially unsure what board this even is. The board on Gigabyte's site doesn't even line up with what we have here. The board says "H61M-DS2 DVI Rev 1", but it visually doesnt align with the rev 1 board on their site. The board says rev 1, but has the layout of a rev 2.1/2.2 board for some reason? I reported this. (They seem to have fixed it now, looking back at it, but it was completely screwed up).

BIOS is some beta version of F2 I saw. Can't remember if it said F2B or F2C.
Under the peripherals menu make sure legacy USB support is enabled as well as the USB 2.0 controller. If they are already enabled then all I could suggest would be to try with another USB drive.

Ryab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Under the peripherals menu make sure legacy USB support is enabled as well as the USB 2.0 controller. If they are already enabled then all I could suggest would be to try with another USB drive.
Next thing was going to be trying another USB. Friend who has the board said he would go buy another one tomorrow to see.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok