Hacking Question Can't launch Splatoon 2 as "System Update needed"

markmcrobie

OP
Trophies
XP
I’m on 6.1 and SX OS 2.3 beta. I’ve just installed Splatoon 2 4.3 update and DLC to microSD and am trying to run the XCI and just get met with a message saying a system update is needed to run the game.

Any ideas? Game, DLC and update are all EUR region.

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/update-...ion-when-launching-games.525693/#post-8420886

I recently got the Splatoon 2 things for the DLC. Specifically for that game, the DLC is fine, just make sure you do NOT have Splatoon 4.2+. IT MUST be < 4.2 . The DLC will work fine on 4.1. Just go delete your update of 4.3 and get 4.1. The other two REQUIRE firmware 6.2. I see you are on 6.1 so as of now delete your update and get 4.1 or earlier. The DLC can stay.

Last edited by Grmmish,
Reactions: markmcrobie

markmcrobie

OP
Trophies
XP
https://gbatemp.net/threads/update-...ion-when-launching-games.525693/#post-8420886

I recently got the Splatoon 2 things for the DLC. Specifically for that game, the DLC is fine, just make sure you do NOT have Splatoon 4.2+. IT MUST be < 4.2 . The DLC will work fine on 4.1. Just go delete your update of 4.3 and get 4.1. The other two REQUIRE firmware 6.2. I see you are on 6.1 so as of now delete your update and get 4.1 or earlier. The DLC can stay.

Thanks, I'll try that. Isn't there a way of using Tinfoil (or similar) to bypass the update check?

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know Nintendo updated their security where the system of how disabling the update check no longer is supported for that firmware version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon: anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator is bad in my book, i...