Gaming Castlevania: Lords of Shadow- Mirror of Fate Demo

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Available in Europe.

I've played through it today, not too bad, definitively not what I want Castlevania to become, I really hope the metroidvania style will be back.
Graphics are disappointing, looks like a middle range PSP game, some 3D models are nice (like the final boss of the demo).
Difficulty is OK, not that kind of game where you just need to press A to progress.

BTW 30 uses, one is enough to get an idea.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i went to youtube to see how much exploration were we supposed to expect from a metroidvania demo... and could only find only one demo released before...
castlevania dawn of sorrow demo:

as you can see there was no exploration what so ever... lets hope this was just a demonstration about the graphics/controlling features

donelwero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I am really looking forward to this game. I 've been a fan of the series since I can remember.

Personally, the game looks great. I played a bit of LOS and didn't like it, but this one looks different, it combines exploration with some really good combos. I mean, you are a Belmont you are supposed to torn your enemies with your whip, so adding combos to the formula feels ok.

And yeah, you can't expect to find too much exploration from a demo. The game is supposed to last at least 20 hours, so I don't think a demo can give you much exploration whatsoever.

I will buy the game, I need my Castlevania fix now!

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I was sooo hyped up for this game. After seeing pictures and everything.
After playing the demo... I got sad, and I don't want to play this any more. :'(

It just felt very clunky compared to the DS and GBA games (and SOTN for that matter)

Reactions: dickfour

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a huge Castlevania fan. I have ALL the games in the series (just over 30 of them now). I loved Lords of Shadow. Granted Ive only played a few minutes of this demo so far, I have to say that I'm NOT disappointed, and am looking forward to the full game. This game hasn't shattered my expectations, because I'm going in with none. One thing I've learned in all my years of gaming is to judge a game on what it is, and not what you expect it to be.

There are a ton of Iga Castlevania games, but do we really want the same thing over and over again? Don't we get enough of that with Call of Duty? I'm ready Konami. Bring me Mirror of Fate!!!

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Low res and zoomed out camera. Watch when it zooms onto the character. Oh the environment is awesome with high texures, polygons and lightning. Can't say the same for gameplay.

The game is 2.5D which means its almost all of the game zoomed out.
I can't stand the ugly pixels >.> but everything else is good.
Gameplay? Ehh... i guess its ok.

omega59

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IMO the game is over rated. I'm going to pass on this one!

I want to add, the 3ds screen is not HD that's why the games look aliased "jagged." I don't believe it is the way the game is made, it's just 3Ds crap screen. Maybe I'am wrong so be it. But if the game was "good" then perhaps we wouldn't be so harsh on the graphics too lol. Then again that's Nintendo for you, always a tad behind on technology. 3Ds should of been HD! The next handheld will be i bet.

Foxhounder

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was pretty disappointed by this game. Now I'm no big Castlevania fan but I have played some of the older ones and a demo of the one Hideo Kojima helped with and liked that one, but this game is just garbage. Didn't even feel like Castlevania.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes i hated it too.

The graphics are mindblowing. Really, you could mistake it for a vita game. It looks gorgeous in full 3D on the XL.

Really? There is so much Aliasing, the graphics are ugly as hell.
I hope you were been sarcastic.

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think maybe I have a different demo than the rest if you? That must be the case. To me, this is a perfect blend of old and new Castlevania. This is how you do a proper 2.5D Castlevania. In all honesty, this is WAY better than the Dracula X 3D remake on PSP. I really don't understand the complaints. The graphics look great to me. The level structure is a tip of the hat to the Iga games. Am I missing something here? All this talk of pixels, and all I see is polygons......

Are you guys really that unhappy with this game? As someone who has all the games in the series, I can show you some truly terrible entries in the series (n64 games, judgement on Wii, Lament of innocence, heart of darkness, and arguably, the original game boy games), but I just don't see this as one of those. Day one purchase for me.

dEvA_pAiN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
guys this is a 10 minutes demo for god sake, is one of those games like GOW, but still feels like a metroidvania just in 2.5D definitly a day one purchase

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was sooo hyped up for this game. After seeing pictures and everything.
After playing the demo... I got sad, and I don't want to play this any more. :'(

It just felt very clunky compared to the DS and GBA games (and SOTN for that matter)
This is exactly how I feel. I might pick it up on the cheap.

Reactions: Issac

ChrisMCNBVA

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think maybe I have a different demo than the rest if you? That must be the case. To me, this is a perfect blend of old and new Castlevania. This is how you do a proper 2.5D Castlevania. In all honesty, this is WAY better than the Dracula X 3D remake on PSP. I really don't understand the complaints. The graphics look great to me. The level structure is a tip of the hat to the Iga games. Am I missing something here? All this talk of pixels, and all I see is polygons......

Are you guys really that unhappy with this game? As someone who has all the games in the series, I can show you some truly terrible entries in the series (n64 games, judgement on Wii, Lament of innocence, heart of darkness, and arguably, the original game boy games), but I just don't see this as one of those. Day one purchase for me.

I loved the demo too, Castlevania for me has always been about the belmonts, and mirror of fate is just gonna be so awesomeeeeeee...I will love it as much as I still do Kid Icarus Uprising. Can't help it.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The devs have been talking about how this 3DS game is a big return to Symphony... you know because we've not had any excellent side scrolling GBA or DS titles. I did want this 3DS game to work out well but I can't say that what I've seen of it has had me excited at all, Ecclesia got me hyped, Mirror of Fate...I forget it exists to be honest.

I didn't mind Lords of Shadow, I mean it was a good game though not really Castlevania and still anything is better than those two N64 titles so I'm not "hating" on this because they went with 3D models, in fact I kinda welcome a difference of style just for the sake of variety and it's pretty.

Hopefully I'll get to play the demo and it'enough to give a good impression, these games take a good half hour to get going for me.

Reactions: NightsOwl

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Economy was better under Trump, according to Fox News.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I don't give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if your shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    A Far Right news service company
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if our shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +2
    @Veho, didn't need any news. Just going to the store and buying groceries is a constant reminder.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A reminder that all corporations reported record profits these last few years?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reminded that every single price gouging law was blocked by republicans because "muh gubmint overreach"?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Won't somebody please think of the corporations?!?!
    Veho @ Veho: Won't somebody please think of the corporations?!?!