Liquid4653

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have been asked to change a friends Switch set up. He currently has cfw on sysnand and would like to be running onemmc instead. I have never done this before and would like some advice on how to do it correctly. I also have to keep all his existing saves as well as updating the firmware all round.

Any questions please ask, and any help you could give me would be much appreciated.

4d1xlaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
create emummc in hekate, it will clone sysnand to emummc

then from there you move the contents of your Nintendo folder to the emummc's Nintendo folder, to allow emummc to continue reading installed games

and then you just run cfw on emummc instead of sysmmc

if he wants to then you can also restore a clean nand from before modding to use sysmmc online again

Liquid4653

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
create emummc in hekate, it will clone sysnand to emummc

then from there you move the contents of your Nintendo folder to the emummc's Nintendo folder, to allow emummc to continue reading installed games

and then you just run cfw on emummc instead of sysmmc

if he wants to then you can also restore a clean nand from before modding to use sysmmc online again
Thanks very much for the advice. He has the backup from when he first installed it but I am not 100% sure how to restore the sysnand and I would also like to update his firmware as well, which I presume would have to be done first.

Also how would I go about backing up his saves, would edizon be the thing to use.

Liquid4653

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Liquid4653

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does your friend have a clean NAND backup?
Yes, he has a clean nand backup which he is bringing along with his Switch.

Now he tells me he is on Firmware 14 ugh! Think I will have to update to fw 16.1.0 first and then go to fw 18, or can I go straight to fw 18?

Last edited by Liquid4653,

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Yes, he has a clean nand backup which he is bringing along with his Switch.

Now he tells me he is on Firmware 14 ugh! Think I will have to update to fw 16.1.0 first and then go to fw 18, or can I go straight to fw 18?
You can go straight to 18.0.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You like it wrong +1