scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
WiiStation version 2.4, can you change its cios to 252? It's because I installed the fakemote module in slot 252 ios 58, and hopefully if you succeed, my ps3 controller will be recognized as wiimote and work with the app.
ok cool ill check out the code and see what i can do to add meta args to app .

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
WiiStation version 2.4, can you change its cios to 252? It's because I installed the fakemote module in slot 252 ios 58, and hopefully if you succeed, my ps3 controller will be recognized as wiimote and work with the app.
FYI usb loader gx's auto ios feature prefers higher slots. So give your setup any games where it wants to use d2x base 58 it will auto choose slot 252 with fakemote instead of the slot 251 which presumably u have installed as recommended (d2x base 58 without fakemote)

If u don't want it to be auto selected it should be installed to a lower slot, like 240 or something
Post automatically merged:

Is there a way to change homebrew app's cios?
You should be able to take a forwarder wad and change it's ios slot using modmii or customize mii or probably a few other tools, this should work. That being said, changing the ios via meta.xml arguments would be a nice feature

Last edited by XFlak,

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI usb loader gx's auto ios feature prefers higher slots. So give your setup any games where it wants to use d2x base 58 it will auto choose slot 252 with fakemote instead of the slot 251 which presumably u have installed as recommended (d2x base 58 without fakemote)

If u don't want it to be auto selected it should be installed to a lower slot, like 240 or something
ok, I don't know if that's gonna change things, but what i do is I simply set "game cios" to 252 in the settings and it remembers my choice and works with no problems

You should be able to take a forwarder wad and change it's ios slot using modmii or customize mii or probably a few other tools, this should work. That being said, changing the ios via meta.xml arguments would be a nice feature
yeah, gotta try that, don't have time to mess around with it at the moment, but anyway if @scooby74029 pulls through, it would be a game-changer

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
It your gx IOS setting is configured to a specific number it won't be an issue. Only if it's on Auto and GX wants to use a base 58 d2x cios will it auto to d2x fakemote in slot 252 instead of standard d2x with base 58 in slot 251. To prevent this u can install fakemote to a lower slot # and remove it from 252, or live with it, heck for all I know it's your preferred behaviour.

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As you can see from the image attached, you can't change app's cios, only it's ios using customizemii. How to do it using modmii?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    30 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: SaulFabre

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open the wad using modmii, either drag and drop or select F from modmii classic's main menu

Edit: showmiiwads may also work
showmiiwads won't let you change the IOS slot, its grayed out
Untitled.png

modmii shows this "modify channel ios." But this is IOS we're talking about, not the slot, right?

4.png

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
Changing the ios used is the same as changing the ios slot used, try entering the ios slot # to where u have fakemote installed. Note that if other apps are not able to do this there's a chance it may fail using modmii too
so i found the code in wiistation for the ios it looks for and allows = ios 58/61

i added slot 252 to the code but i am unable to get it to compile so .......

Deleted member 466238

Trophies
XP
I edited a WiiStation forwarder with CustomizeMii 3.11, changed the IOS slot to 251 (I have a d2x cIOS with FAKEMOTE installed on that slot) and it worked with Fakemote quite well. The Wii froze on a black screen after I exited the emulator though.

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i found the code in wiistation for the ios it looks for and allows = ios 58/61

so, are you going to keep trying or is it a lost cause?

Changing the ios used is the same as changing the ios slot used, try entering the ios slot # to where u have fakemote installed. Note that if other apps are not able to do this there's a chance it may fail using modmii too
well, I've managed to change the wiistation forwarder's ios to 252 via modmii (the slot where I have fakemote installed) and it created a modified .wad file, didn't try it yet though.... but i will and report back

I edited a WiiStation forwarder with CustomizeMii 3.11, changed the IOS slot to 251 (I have a d2x cIOS with FAKEMOTE installed on that slot) and it worked with Fakemote quite well. The Wii froze on a black screen after I exited the emulator though.
so, you just put 251 here and it did the trick, right?

Untitled.png

Last edited by cereal_killer,

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador

@scooby74029
You need to get the required versions of the devkitPro/devkitPPC toolkit for compile WiiStation, mentioned in the README:
http://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/#readme

Or, PM me with your modified code and i'll compile it for you.

so, are you going to keep trying or is it a lost cause?

well, I've managed to change the wiistation forwarder's ios to 252 via modmii (the slot where I have fakemote installed) and it created a modified .wad file, didn't try it yet though.... but i will and report back

so, you just put 251 here and it did the trick, right?

View attachment 415490
@cereal_killer
Correct, i guess what @Zurdonx actually said he has done.

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct, i guess what @Zurdonx actually said he has done.
didn't work for me.... I changed the IOS using modmii and then did the same thing using customizemii, so I got two different wad files.... both times I got black screened

So, the only hope to get it to work is to change the IOS within the app's code in other words what @scooby74029 didn't manage to accomplish

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: one of the people that appeared there was a minor when filming the cutscenes where she appears