Hacking cIOS Rev13 Update

jonjosh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I was wondering if it is safe to update from cIOS rev13 to the newest and latest cIOS rev20?

I haven't been using my Wii a lot and CoD:MWR seems slow. -.-

I'm on a 3.2U Wii btw.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jonjosh said:
Hi I was wondering if it is safe to update from cIOS rev13 to the newest and latest cIOS rev20?

I haven't been using my Wii a lot and CoD:MWR seems slow. -.-

Loading from disc? That will always be slow, that's because DVD-Rs run at half speed. You can try to use IOS56 as base IOS in the cIOSrev20 installer, it might be a bit faster. But to be honest i doubt it, because that speed improvement that is reported for IOS56 is most likely usb drivers related.

jonjosh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I load from disc.
I have cIOSCORP v2. Is it also safe to upgrade to DARKCORP 1.0 Lite?

Oh and is there a way to make a seperate partition for loading USB games? Because I already have some files in my hard drive and I don't want to delete them.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes thats why you should back them up onto your computer first
wink.gif

jonjosh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-_______-' My computer cant fit all the stuff from my hard drive.
Oh well I guess I gotta stick to using Discs.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simple:

Borrow like $75
Go to an electronic store like Best Buy
Buy the biggest external harddrive you can
Back up your data to new harddrive
Format other harddrive
Restore files on old harddrive using new harddrive
Return harddrive and make up a lame excuse saying it didn't work with your operating system (say win 95 or something)
Give back $75

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The drive may already be fat32, you may not have to do anything. There are a few ways to tell, fastest on windows is to Start -> Run -> CHKDSK X:

...where X is yer drive letter. It should either say the filesystem is FAT32, exFAT or NTFS. If it's already FAT32 (good chance) just make a wbfs folder on it and toss a game in there with Wii Backup Manager and give it a whirl; I like configurable USB loader or USB loader GX.

You should be fine to update w/Darkcorp. Make sure you get Priiloader and Bootmii on there if you haven't already, make and keep a fresh NAND/keys backup or two. Check the stickied guides for that.

There's no need to update your sysmenu, I still run 3.2 and have no problems. Unless you want to use crappy SD card menu, there aren't really many improvements besides partial SDHC support. Just make sure you have the "block updates" hacks turned on with Priiloader.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Zetta_x said:
Simple:

Borrow like $75
Format other harddrive
Return harddrive and make up a lame excuse saying it didn't work with your operating system (say win 95 or something)
Give back $75

I like your way of thinking. Let's beat the system!
yay.gif
But just to add to your strategy, don't forget to re-format the store-bought HD before returning it, or at least erase the files.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dust2dust said:
Zetta_x said:
Simple:

Borrow like $75
Format other harddrive
Give back $75

I like your way of thinking. Let's beat the system!
yay.gif
But just to add to your strategy, don't forget to re-format the store-bought HD before returning it, or at least erase the files.

Yeah, wouldn't be too good for the next person to buy the harddrive to be a apart of an anti-piracy organization and to find all that on there
happy.gif

I love finding these kinds of exploits especially when you use it at Best Buy and they charge $120 to back up 4gb to a disk.
I also go to restaurants like sizzler who have root beer floats as an item to buy, but I find it so much more convenient to order root beer and use the ice cream machine to fill it up. Instant cheaper stuff. We all can't forget the infamous multi-time use mods on one time use items
smile.gif

Going back on topic, USB loader is the way to go!

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jonjosh said:
Yeah, I load from disc.
I have cIOSCORP v2. Is it also safe to upgrade to DARKCORP 1.0 Lite?

Oh and is there a way to make a seperate partition for loading USB games? Because I already have some files in my hard drive and I don't want to delete them.
you actually don't need to reformat or do anything else special just make a wbfs folder in the root of the drive and stick the games in there leave everything else will be fine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.coca-cola.com/xe/en/media-center/wozzaah-launch