Hacking cIOS rev14 bug list

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It did work with 13a... got all the way to the first time you pick up the alien weapon in story mode (after the subway/airport)

installed 14, now it won't load no matter what I do... disc/usb loader... nothing...

batwings21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Conduit, dumped from my retail disc. Played it last night through two levels with usbloadergx and cios rev14. Did not test the multiplayer mode, but I'm not expericncing what zidane_genome is reporting.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, scratch my report... tried to dump the backup copy with IMGBurn, and it failed at around 82%... couldn't read the disc... and currently getting a new copy... sorry!

timtlm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to put this in as a feature request (wish list) since this has always happened. Currently USB peripherals do work. I only have the microphone to test with GH and RB2. The problem is that it has to be plugged in when the game loads, and it has to be used with the first controller that is synched. If it is plugged in after the game loads, or if a guitar controller is the first to be synched, it doesn't work. If it isn't possible, or just not worth it, no big deal. Perhaps using IOS37 as the base will fix this?

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
Hi wiipower and others,

I can confirm :
- freezes on the conduit multiplayer "room".
- error on SSB intro

- 002 error on Disc channel loading with sysmenu set on 249 and iosreload with well known 002 games (indy, anno...). But I guess this is normal after all.
- error on Disc channel with both retails and backups GC Games (error occurs, eject disc and reset your wii).

Tested on PAL 4.1E wii
Hope it helps.

kielserat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
this is my setup:

Wii (4.1E)
Cios 14

Tested mario kart,just finished a race of 3 laps,no crash because of an hdd spindown.
When happens this?
What race?
Now i'm gonna test the conduit multiplayer and Ssb intro.

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
hackotedelaplaque said:
Hi wiipower and others,

I can confirm :
- freezes on the conduit multiplayer "room".
- error on SSB intro

- 002 error on Disc channel loading with sysmenu set on 249 and iosreload with well known 002 games (indy, anno...). But I guess this is normal after all.
- error on Disc channel with both retails and backups GC Games (error occurs, eject disc and reset your wii).

Tested on PAL 4.1E wii
Hope it helps.

I've been reading this stuff, and i have something new to you guys.
Even with cIOs rev12 (my actual rev), and older versions of USB Loader GX...it already stucked in multiplayer room for sometimes.
Actually, the only way i could manage to play it online was into the disk channel...even beeing dumped from my retail disk (PAL DISK...PAL WII).

This behaviour was actually present in both GX Loader and Wiiflow. In the disc channel everything was perfect.

"maybe..maybe"...this isnt a cIOS rev14 issue. Does anyone with 13-13b had the same issues?

Dominic White

Trophies
XP
Country
N'thing the issues with Smash Bros Brawl. Even more obvious here - the intro itself regularly pauses and stutters as if the game isn't reading fast enough off the HD. It's a brand new 250gb Western Digital Passport, and everything else runs great.

Game version is NTSC (imported it back when the Freeloader disc worked, installed to HD myself)
PAL 4.1e Wii running in forced NTSC mode via Anyregion
cIOS rev14 just installed
Using the newest USBLoader GX version (655? It says there's no new updates at least)

Am I the only one getting the intro stuttering issue, or is that a common symptom?

dekani

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The wfbs partition on my 16Gb SD card isn't recognize by any backup loaders with this last version. (configurable usb loader, uniiloader, neogamma)
It was working with last revisions...

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
dekani said:
The wfbs partition on my 16Gb SD card isn't recognize by any backup loaders with this last version. (configurable usb loader, uniiloader, neogamma)

your first post since you joined the forum in 19-March 08, you dont contribute much!!!!!

you should get a HDD instead of using a 16GB sd card youll get more than 3 games on then lol

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure about the SSBB intro, as I always skip it, but I can confirm a freeze after I beat a classic mode when the video at the end starts to play. I used NeoGamma R6 and the R7 Beta and it results in the same thing each time. I reverted back to 13b to see if that fixes it, and it did. Thus I can confirm it's a rev14 issue.

Rykin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
dekani said:

your first post since you joined the forum in 19-March 08, you dont contribute much!!!!!

you should get a HDD instead of using a 16GB sd card youll get more than 3 games on then lol

A low post count isn't reason to insult someone. It could mean that this person likes to read through the forums rather than posting questions that have been answered over and over.

Also, I like the idea of the 16GB card. It means you can put it in the Wii SD slot and not have to worry about transporting an extra piece of hardware.

kielserat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
the conduit multiplayer works,ssb intro crashes also,but it whas also on rev 13.
think maybe has to do with the game,or bad ripping via usb loader

R2-D2199

Trophies
Website
softwii.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The Conduit - Multiplayer: Searching.

Tested: PAL
Tested with: USB Loader GX
Reproduce: Search for a Game.
Problem: Pointer freeze at searching. Searching takes long (can also be my internet connection). Searching doesn´t finish (15 minutes), player names are displayed.
Notes: The same with Hermes cIOS. Worked perfect with cIOS rev13a.

ashexx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too can confirm on the ssbb bug. Here's how i tested:

Configurable USB Loader 37 release with hermes 222 (36 default) - no probs
Configurable USB Loader 37 release with hermes 223 (37 merged 36) - no probs
Configurable USB Loader 37 release with wanins cios rev10 - no probs
Configurable USB Loader 37 release with wanins cios rev14 - stutters then crashes at intro movie

My setup:
4.1U with the latest ioses, trucha patched with Dop-IOS

On a side note I think before people actually runs any bug tests they should fully update their ioses to the latest version so that you don't blame it on a particular cios right away. e.g I had problems with Rock Band 2 disc recognizing USB mics until i've updated (and trucha patched) ios 37 to the latest version. peace out!

brand0dotcom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tested ssbb with rev14, used configurable usb loader. i ddn't get the freeze and error during the opening video. but if i let the game sit and the demo starts. it happens during the gameplay demo every time.

4.1U, trucha patched.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using System Menu 4.0u

Confirm SSB error if intro is left to run with Rev14 using GX or Wiiflow. Set custom game setting to use IOS222 under GX for this one to work

Conduit is fine, multiplayer through GX and Wiiflow works ok on mine.

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
Don't know if it helps but SSBB's intro is going flawessly with neogamma and my old decrypt DVD backup (first Waninkoko BUL).
Maybe it's not CIOSrev14 fault ?

[Edit]By decrypt DVD I mean iso patched with "extract partition"

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
hackotedelaplaque said:
Don't know if it helps but SSBB's intro is going flawessly with neogamma and my old decrypt DVD backup (first Waninkoko BUL).
Maybe it's not CIOSrev14 fault ?

[Edit]By decrypt DVD I mean iso patched with "extract partition"
Try leaving it at the splash screen and also letting it play the "How to Play" video. I also get through the intro video just fine, but then it crashes in How to Play as some others are reporting.

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tested ssbm on y 3.2u wii with cios rev14 on usbloader gx rev 648. I let the intro play all the way through and no skips or freezes at all. I played few rounds no problem same as always. So i guess its not an issue with me. If it makes any difference i dumped the game from my orignal disk through usb loader 1.5. I love rev 14 fixes everything,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    light27 @ light27: oh it’s the least I could do +1