Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bootsector said:
EnigmaXtreme said:
But before i installed rev14 i didnt get 002 error with Madworld

As of rev14, 002 error handling is entirely done by the loader, not the cIOS anymore. Please check your loader configurations.

Thats fine if your using a loader like NeoGamma, me on the other hand prefer to access my USB games via the game channels on the homemenu I guess im gonna have to wait until someone implement the 002 fix in certain channels

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For those that asked about the SSBB.

Retail disc:
Use the old ripping tools to copy the game over to your computer via WiFi. Use a WBFS Manager to copy it to your HD then. I used WBFS Intelligent GUI.
Backup disc:
DVD5 - use your Wii to copy the disc to the HD
DVD9 - follow retail disc instructions.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had the SSBB error too on my PAL Wii with 4.0 and Wiikey, loading from USBloader GX.
I was too annoyed so I grabbed my NAND backup and fired up Bootmii to do a restore. Now I'm on Rev13a again. From now on I'll wait until all problems are solved with rev14.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
berlinka said:
I had the SSBB error too on my PAL Wii with 4.0 and Wiikey, loading from USBloader GX.
I was too annoyed so I grabbed my NAND backup and fired up Bootmii to do a restore. Now I'm on Rev13a again.

Why restore the NAND ? All you had to do was re-install Rev13a.

WiiT4rd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lecture.gif
This has probably already been stated but if you are loading your backup of SSBB from USB you should just rip it with the GX etc. This way you get all movies but it still scrubs it down to a little over 6 GB which isnt that much more than 4.3 GB and you are gauranteed that your rip isnt Janky.

Jaz808

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cant install HBC 1.0.3 update / BootMii, from HBC, remote loose's sync
Also have SSBB error R5 from usb when watching opening scene

Pal Wii, wan4.0e, Rev14, 2g Sd Card, WD 2.5 500g passport

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
bootsector said:
EnigmaXtreme said:

As of rev14, 002 error handling is entirely done by the loader, not the cIOS anymore. Please check your loader configurations.

thats bloody gay, not everyone has a softmod installed, why remove a feature that everyone relies on?

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
bootsector said:
EnigmaXtreme said:

thats bloody gay, not everyone has a softmod installed, why remove a feature that everyone relies on?

What? I REALLY think that this whole 002 error situation needs a sticky for people to refer to, with a detailed explanation and why it is a GOOD thing that it is not handled by the cIOS anymore. People just do not get it, and the forums get at least a few "002 error, help!" threads each day.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
zektor said:
What? I REALLY think that this whole 002 error situation needs a sticky for people to refer to, with a detailed explanation and why it is a GOOD thing that it is not handled by the cIOS anymore. People just do not get it, and the forums get at least a few "002 error, help!" threads each day.

ok, so tell me how can patching each indivdual game 1 at a time on your pc before playing (which is time consuming) compared to the cios doing it for you is better?

a good exsample is why would someone say that using swap magic on a ps2 is better than a modchip, there is no logic in doing so, maybe this guy is actually trying to make it much harder for noobs to understand the whole cios then? removing a feature that is actually helpful makes no sense, no matter what way you want to look at it.

DKAngel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
zektor said:

ok, so tell me how can patching each indivdual game 1 at a time on your pc before playing (which is time consuming) compared to the cios doing it for you is better?

a good exsample is why would someone say that using swap magic on a ps2 is better than a modchip, there is no logic in doing so, maybe this guy is actually trying to make it much harder for noobs to understand the whole cios then? removing a feature that is actually helpful makes no sense, no matter what way you want to look at it.

it was removed because it slowed the loading of the games down
Almost all of the loaders handle the 002 error themselves now, so they removed it from the cios to speed the loading back up and to let the loader actually do the 002 patching on the fly, make a bit more sence? id prefeer that the loader did it and it loaded fast rather than the cios doing it and making it slow

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
DKAngel said:
Almost all of the loaders handle the 002 error themselves now, so they removed it from the cios to speed the loading back up and to let the loader actually do the 002 patching on the fly, make a bit more sence? id prefeer that the loader did it and it loaded fast rather than the cios doing it and making it slow

only problem in my case is i don't have a soft mod installed, i still use a modchip so i will have to rely on using rev 13 now.

swarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DKAngel said:

The in-IOS 002 error handling also broke compatibility with a number of games that didn't need it. Which is why rev13a was recommended over the others, as it was the first without the 002 fix, and the first that made some previously non-working games playable. Increased speed and compatibility are good things. People with hard mods have plenty of other options, including soft modding or...not caring about the latest cIOS because they're already hard modded?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jalaneme said:
DKAngel said:

only problem in my case is i don't have a soft mod installed, i still use a modchip so i will have to rely on using rev 13 now.

I know sometimes i tend to flame people, but you are ...

You have no fucking idea what you are talking about. You think by installing a cIOS, you wii is softmodded and does the same as a modchiped wii, but just by software? Or what do you think? If you use cIOSrev13 to play games, you use a loader, if you use cIOSrev14, you just need a better loader. Get to know your shit before you continue complaining.

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
jalaneme said:
zektor said:

lol you have no idea at all where you are talking about.

r3dcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am not sure if this is a cIOS rev14 bug or not so feedback from other users would be great to help clarify this!

I was having a lot of problems trying to get my USB microphones to work my Wii USB Loader ... I was using cIOS36 rev10 and Configurable USB Loader v37

I have just installed cIOS38 rev14 (no additional updates/patches - I do not have Hermes 222/223 mload installed) and it looks like it has resolved the issue at least partially for me! ... I say partially because I have dual mics with a usb adapter but at the moment it only functions as a single mic ... both mics are not detected
frown.gif

I only have two games to test with at the moment ... "Guitar Hero: World Tour (PAL)" and "Disney Sing It High School Musical 3 (PAL)" ... Guitar Hero: World Tour looks like it is only designed to allow a single mic connection ... Disney Sing It High School Musical 3 has Dual Player modes and unfortunately I can only get/see one mic working!
frown.gif

I am unsure whether the problem is with the particular dual mic I have or perhaps the firmware support for USB mics in cIOS38 rev14 may well still be buggy or incomplete ???

Can anyone please confirm if you got a dual mic to work with cIOS38 rev14 and/or Hermes 222/223 mload? ie Two microphones working at the same time?

And can you also specify the titles/games you have working with dual mic?

Your feedback/info would be a great help ... thank you

Zabu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using cfg37 as my USB loader and cIOSrev14, while playing Carnival Games, controller 1 isn't re-syncing at the start of the game automatically and hitting buttons don't cause it to sync. If I change the loader to use Hermes222 for that game it works just fine.

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
With neogamma R7 RC4 and cIOS rev14 was the gameplay of castlevania judgment a bit laggy (launched from dvd), I didn't noticed this with cIOS rev13a.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/uc3tthE-mJ8?si=TPR_EM9yWrpcHHy7