Hacking cIOS rev18 comming in about a week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure is a LOT of nay sayers in here, if you dont like wanikoko's work go to Hermes cIOS V5 and post there, oh wait it broke almost every loader because of a "step forward" for his loader.... now if waninkoko did the same thing it turns into OMGBUGGY! I think waninkoko deserves some credit, and tbh im suprised he still works on his wii stuff all he gets is shit from here

Im still gratefull waninkoko thanks
biggrin.gif

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
Skater4599 said:
Sure is a LOT of nay sayers in here, if you dont like wanikoko's work go to Hermes cIOS V5 and post there, oh wait it broke almost every loader because of a "step forward" for his loader.... now if waninkoko did the same thing it turns into OMGBUGGY! I think waninkoko deserves some credit, and tbh im suprised he still works on his wii stuff all he gets is shit from here

Im still gratefull waninkoko thanks
biggrin.gif

I 100% agree with that & was thinking the same thing after reading most of the replies in this thread.

Christopho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't it a bit too early though? I mean if it was going to be the BIGGEST update, you'd think it would take more than a month, otherwise it would just be like any other rev imo. It took a 2 months for the WHOLE psp hacking team to come up with a breakthrough (playing on 6.20 FW for reportedly ALL psp's) and it's only taking ONE person ONE month for a new rev that will be a HUGE update? I sense failure and bugs =/

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OK, sounds nice.
I'm expecting some bugs however, big changes almost never come without any bugs. So it might take up to a cIOS rev19 to fully enjoy the updates of rev18. Whatsoever rev17 is perfect for my requirements...

P.S.: @thread title: the tweet mentions minimum one week.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Christopho said:
Isn't it a bit too early though? I mean if it was going to be the BIGGEST update, you'd think it would take more than a month, otherwise it would just be like any other rev imo. It took a 2 months for the WHOLE psp hacking team to come up with a breakthrough (playing on 6.20 FW for reportedly ALL psp's) and it's only taking ONE person ONE month for a new rev that will be a HUGE update? I sense failure and bugs =/
Think of it like this: It comes out in a week and it has some bugs. oh noes. The community has a chance to aid in the testing of the cIOS and help determine what's wrong, while the whiners complain of a broken release Then two weeks later, another rev comes out to resolve the issues and life moves on. Or, the release is held back for 3 weeks and it comes out without bugs, or with only minor bugs.

Either way, you're waiting 3 weeks for a stable release in either hypothetical scenario. The only difference is that you can be a part in improving the thing.

Also, always remember: Your Wii is not a PSP.

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Almost everything has changed" he says. I'm hoping for a surprise such as GC USB Loading figured out and thrown into action.

I know its different with the GC mode and Wii mode or what not but hey Wode does it right...? anyway fingers crossed X

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Det1re said:
Warren_303 said:
"Almost everything has changed" he says. I'm hoping for a surprise such as GC USB Loading figured out and thrown into action.
Err, this is about cIOS, not cMIOS.

Yeah yeah whatever, I just hope it can be done without special hardware like Wode. I buy games so I'm not one of the ungrateful pirates here lmao.
Lasers shot and USB Loading is hella convenient
yaywii.gif

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Warren_303 said:
Det1re said:
Warren_303 said:

I buy games so I'm not one of the ungrateful pirates here lmao.
Are you saying I am one of those people you're mentioning? The quotation points significantly in this direction..

Zmanattack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Det1re said:
Warren_303 said:
Det1re said:
Warren_303 said:

I buy games so I'm not one of the ungrateful pirates here lmao.
Are you saying I am one of those people you're mentioning? The quotation points significantly in this direction..

well your title is "supporter of laziness." some might say piracy is a product of laziness or the lack of employment to pay for said games
tongue.gif

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
i will get this since this will probably support sd&usb compatibility for dlc and stuff. and since "he left the scene" he seems to be testing his stuff even more and works harder on it. in my opinion.

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Zmanattack said:
well your title is "supporter of laziness." some might say piracy is a product of laziness or the lack of employment to pay for said games
tongue.gif
I'll get rid of that.

The changes to cIOS rev18 will most likely include a decent FAT support... nice would be .ISO support.

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
in every dev job...new developments, may lead to new bugs.

Its an every quote day in a dev job.
Don't expect perfection....but thank the man for the job he's been doing.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bugs come and go. You live with 'em and hate 'em. Heck, maybe you learn to love a few of 'em. Don't get too hung up about it since things will move forward in spite of any momentary roadblocks.

stickybit

Trophies
XP
Country
i suppose a bigge for me would be gamecube usb player that would probly complete my wii homebrew for me anyway
thers not much more really i want from my wii... as long as everything keeps working (all my homebrew) im happy
and with dop-ios mod we can manually/easily update channels/ioses etc
so its gotta be something significantly awesome for me to leave rev 17
but you can garantee that ther will be bugs in rev 18 its only been 5 mins since rev 17
big changes?? interesting..

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
stickybit said:
but you can garantee that ther will be bugs in rev 18 its only been 5 mins since rev 17
big changes?? interesting..
Nearly EVERY Wii-Homebrew has bugs. Some you'll notice, and some you won't. And if Wanin doesn't makes nightly builds, so the people can test betas, I'm pretty shure we'll have again bugs in rev18. Especially if some new things get integrated. Not that I'm hoping that it will contain bugs, but it's realistic...

I've said it again: I won't get my hopes up, and see how this will come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack