Hacking cIOS rev18 comming in about a week

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaybee

Trophies
XP
Country
How is the NAND Emulation? Is it safe? Is it Alright?

Pakatus said:
Seems not yet

QUOTE said:
Waninkoko@HackinBlack

Sorry, but I think the tests done yesterday with SNEEK are wrong. It may be working, it may be not.

darth_vader_noooo1.jpg

brownmurder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
am i the only one who doesnt see sneek as that great, i cant really see much of a point in it

someone enlighten me

jaybee

Trophies
XP
Country
As its been said many many many times before, its the ultimate in anti bricking software, Instead of using the real Wii system memory to run and save data it uses the sd card. It allows you to store much more data and test things out so you dont brick your wii. it would also make softmodding and the ability to run homebrew and backup software virtually idiot proof. Even your granny could do it. If things got corrupted it would just be a case of files needing to be recopied to the memory card and not having to scream that your wii was bricked. It would also mean better compatibility I guess. There are many benefits to this but these are the most obvious ones. Hope that helps??
yaywii.gif

Lyker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
brownmurder said:
am i the only one who doesnt see sneek as that great, i cant really see much of a point in it

someone enlighten me

Bricking will be near impossible since the only thing you can brick is the..... SD card

jaybee

Trophies
XP
Country
This would also mean the ability to take your wii channels, apps and saves to someone elses wii and use them there after you ran the hackmii installer. This is totally awesome in itself!

It would also prolong the life of your wii as there would be no saving to the nand flash memory. These things stop working after a while so the more you write to it the quicker it will die. Using an sd card eliminates the problem entirely and takes its potential storage capacity up to 32gig currently instead of 512mb. If it were possible to run sneek off hdd then that would increase that threshold even more. Not sure this will be possible though but who knows.

brownmurder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lyker said:
Bricking will be near impossible since the only thing you can brick is the..... SD card
ah so its to replace common sence for noobs

i guess taking stuff to a friends house would be ok if they didnt already have it and too lazy to get it

jaybee

Trophies
XP
Country
It would also mean the ability to mess with the sys menu version and IOS's without fear of bricking too! Different sets of files or sd cards could store different menu versions for example. This eliminates all the risks associated with improper modding. This is definitely hackers and noobie heaven lol

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well since crediar once said he has an usb loader running with HIS version of sneek that is IOS Reloading game compatible, i say it's interesting what Waninkoko is doing with sneek even if you don't consider nand emulation important. The least it will do is kill the problems when using discs.

w_n_s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ahhhh, so Sneek is a possibility then. Excellent stuff. Must set aside the time this week to test Sneek out. I to couldn't understand the benefits of Nand emulation firstly. But it makes sense now.

Excellent.

jaybee

Trophies
XP
Country
Sneek + USB + SDHC Should give 100% compatibility I would have thought. The weekend is quickly approaching! Will we see that release this weekend?

nikola987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jaybee said:
Sneek + USB + SDHC Should give 100% compatibility I would have thought. The weekend is quickly approaching! Will we see that release this weekend?
what is sneek?

ps.found it
smile.gif

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Well since crediar once said he has an usb loader running with HIS version of sneek that is IOS Reloading game compatible, i say it's interesting what Waninkoko is doing with sneek even if you don't consider nand emulation important. The least it will do is kill the problems when using discs.
SNEEK as a solution for IOS reloading games? I like the sound of that. Wonder if that'll ever see release?

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
FenrirWolf said:
WiiPower said:
SNEEK as a solution for IOS reloading games? I like the sound of that. Wonder if that'll ever see release?
Couldn't this be accomplished by using the di.bin of Waninkoko's dip-plugin with SNEEK? To lazy to test it myself.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you talking about USB or disc loading? Cuz patching a disc to use IOS249 generally solves the issue if you're using DVD-R's, doesn't it?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
i think patching the disc to use IOS249 works only if you also have cioscorp (correct me if i am wrong, but that's the only way I got COD3 to work)... also, this wouldn't get it working on new wii's as they can't launch backup disks
Umm, if a disc uses IOS249 it won't touch any IOS except for 249. cioscorp doesn't really have anything to do with what goes on in slot 249

T-Error

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
FenrirWolf said:
xflak40 said:
i think patching the disc to use IOS249 works only if you also have cioscorp (correct me if i am wrong, but that's the only way I got COD3 to work)... also, this wouldn't get it working on new wii's as they can't launch backup disks
Umm, if a disc uses IOS249 it won't touch any IOS except for 249. cioscorp doesn't really have anything to do with what goes on in slot 249
Does patching to 249 on an IOS-reloading game work? I thought that the code which does the IOS-reloading is inside the games code and therefore it can't be patched? Or in other words you couldn't write an universal patcher because the normal patcher only patches the IOS to 249 with which the game is started and the game reloads to the old IOS. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I think Det1re is right but Im also too lazy.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I can tell u, that the only way I was able to get the IOS-reloading game COD3 to work was to patch the iso to use ios249 using generic wii patcher, and installing cioscorp, and running the game via the disk channel

without cioscorp, it did not work (because of ios reloading)... and with cioscorp but without patching the iso to ios249 it did not work

I haven't tested this with any other IOS reloading games (note that all these tests were done about 6 months ago, so it was using older versions of the apps... cioscorp 3.5, cios249 rev14 and neogamma r7)

but yeah, even if this method works... it won't work on new wii's that can't play backup disks... so i think its worth investigating an alternative solution to ios reloading games (this was the original point i was trying to get across)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack