purkinje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
purkinje said:
At least cIOScrap is now bundled with an uninstaller... hopefully that will reduce the number of "How do I uninstall cIOScrap!" threads that clog up gbatemp.
You must be one of those guys who don't know how to read. I see your new to posting. Good luck with that.

Hey - after creating 219 posts, its not as though you have managed to contribute anything worthwhile. This release of cIOScorp (more accurately described as cIOScrap) will simply replace the problems that existed in 3.3 with new problems, but hey, enjoy!

FiveseveN

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't wait to try it once I get home! I had 3.3 just recently installed. I have always been fond of the idea of playing games directly through the disc channel. v3.4 wont hurt. And the only question I had was answered in the initial post. So read up! Do not uninstall 3.3 b4 you install 3.4! Just Install it! Booyah!

K

Kurisuellegarden

Not exactly sure what this is doing for the package?
QUOTE said:
cmios (WiiGator)= mios v4 with WiiGator's GC Backup Launcher embedded
but with mios v9's tmd, ticket, and banner info.
cmios (waninkoko)= mios v4 with waninkoko's cmios but with mios v9's
tmd, ticket, and banner info.

What's the advantage of having tickets installed as a v9?

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FGOD said:
jakejm79 said:
You can boot mario kart thru the disc channel, you just then wont be able to boot SSBB and MPT.

unless you use the old cios36 from the first release which does let you boot mariokart and ssbb(or at least the original ssbb)...

Exactly you pick between Mario Kart on DVD-R but DL games (MPT and SSBB) not working

Or

Mario Kart not working (or needing a DVD+R), but DL games working.

Or

Forgo buying a 50 Pack of DVD-/+Rs and buy a HDD and don't even bother with cIOSCorp

Or

Buy a modchip and never have to worry about updates, bricks and 3x loading.

It's about compromise, “For everything you have missed, you have gained something else, and for everything you gain, you lose something else.”

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
TrapperKeeperX said:
Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 1 & 2 Echoes does work but Corruption doesn't work. I found out Corruption uses IOS35 make v3092 with rev12 DIP + ES_DiVerify Patch because Metroid Prime 3 Corruption on Trilogy uses IOS35 but the game uses IOS53 to run it I'm assuming Metroid Prime 1 & 2 woks fine I uninstalled with corp and installed corp without IOS35 but I have an original IOS35 in my Wii so cIOSCORP 3.5 make sure to make IOS35 v3092 with rev12 DIP + ES_DiVerify then Corruption should be working

NOTE:
IOS35 v3092 with rev14 DIP + ES_DiVerify Patch Note: This is the IOS that makes corruption not work

cIOSrev12 dip + disc channel (or loader with Sam & Max fix like NeoGamma) ==> fail

How often do i have to tell that rev12 is broken? And rev11 could suffer from the same problem.

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patch it with rev13 a or b or use rev09 it may work. I wish there was a rev15 that includes dual-layer
frown.gif

IOS35 v3092 with rev09 DIP + ES_DiVerify
IOS35 v3092 with rev13a DIP + ES_DiVerify
IOS35 v3092 with rev13b DIP + ES_DiVerify

hopefully that's in the near future for trilogy.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
purkinje said:
ChokeD said:
purkinje said:
At least cIOScrap is now bundled with an uninstaller... hopefully that will reduce the number of "How do I uninstall cIOScrap!" threads that clog up gbatemp.
You must be one of those guys who don't know how to read. I see your new to posting. Good luck with that.

Hey - after creating 219 posts, its not as though you have managed to contribute anything worthwhile. This release of cIOScorp (more accurately described as cIOScrap) will simply replace the problems that existed in 3.3 with new problems, but hey, enjoy!
With 8 posts now I see your off to a good start at doing the community some good. I want see what you have done for the community, I just can't seem to find anything but your flaming opinions. You apparently haven't read any of my posts (that's right, I forgot, you don't read) or you would know that I try to help and answer any questions people have and if I don't know.....I don't post, which is something you should practice. We all make mistakes, learning is trial and error, that means you have to try and possibly get it wrong before you can get it right, that's why most programs are updated to a rev# and not left at v1. I'm just explaining all this because it seems your a noob, I hope I've been informative enough for you to understand that, if you don't like this product, you don't have to test,install or post and your opinion is not needed or wanted. This thread is for people that want to test, install and/or improve cIOSCORP. Considering you have an ill opinion of this product, perhaps you should read the above paragraph again, "dolp" that's right, you don't read.

I won't be cluttering this thread with another response to an illegitimate noob.

Enough said,
ChokeD

mattjd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why was IOS36 changed to DIP Module rev12? It was working fine before (No error 001 and DL Support). All that needed to be changed to DIP Module rev12 was the system menu IOS's because of the original gamecube game problems... CIOSCORP v3.3 just changed IOS60 to original and original backups worked so IOS36 does not need changing...

neardark

Trophies
XP
Country
ChokeD said:
YellowYoYos said:
Can somebody PM me the download link? Please
tongue.gif
Read the first post, if you can't find it, you shouldn't have it.
glare.gif

EDIT:

To everyone else,

DO NOT PM PEOPLE THE LINK, IF THEY CAN'T FIND IT THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE IT.

First rule of cIOSCORP should be:

1.) READ READ READ

Stop Mini-Modding and go get a life, people like to help other people out, just because your an ass and dont like to, does not mean others shouldnt, it's always good to help

mattjd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Quadruple post
wacko.gif

Fail!!!! all he is saying is people should not ask for this dangerous programme. If they cant find the programme themselves. Clearly on the first post. Hello!!! the bloody email address just send a a blank email you get a email back with the link. you can even use 10minutemail to get the link...

The guy that asked for the link clearly did not read the post and did not read the read me. So it is dangerous for himself.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hybridx24 said:
I still have v3.1 installed, if I just install this will it upgrade it or do I have to uninstall v3.1 first?Just install over 3.1 and all is good.

QUOTE(neardark @ Sep 8 2009, 04:59 PM) Stop Mini-Modding and go get a life, people like to help other people out, just because your an ass and dont like to, does not mean others shouldnt, it's always good to help
Don't like to help ??? Who do you think is hosting the auto-responder ???? mini-modding ???

Your one of those aren't you. Did you read my last post before you got impatient and posted 4 times ???? Learn how to use the forums noob. Everyone here knows you don't hit the submit more than once. OH, and it's not good to lead the horse to water if he'll drown when he gets there you idiot.

1.) READ READ READ

Enough said,
ChokeD

purkinje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol - another epic pronouncement from the pseudo-expert, choked. Since you seem to think I'm illiterate (which is hilarious considering that the readme in the initial post discusses uninstalling cIOScrap) I'll leave this discussion with one final comment. Actually, this comment is from bushing, who you would probably accuse of being a noob since he has only 45 posts here at gbatemp. Now, bear in mind that bushing is discussing cIOScorp v1 & 2 here, but his first point is still relevant to this version of cIOScrap. At least with v1 there were far fewer problems than with this version.

bushing said:
cIOSCORP commits two "crimes", neither of which is about warez:

1) It replaces several versions of IOS with a different version, only because it was "easier" to do. I don't fully understand why there are so many different major versions of IOS -- comparing two binaries that large is non-trivial -- but I assume there's a decent reason, most likely that older games do not run reliably on newer versions of IOS. Yes, yes, I assume you tested this out and it seemed to work on all the games you tried, but it's still awful to just overwrite code you don't understand and hope it works.

2) With the modular IOSes, it changes the minor version number ... this is kinda silly (it defeats the purpose of versioning), but I could see the appeal of cranking all of the minor versions up to 0xFFFF so that none of Nintendo's updates would overwrite it. I was shocked to see that you chose the opposite -- 7 -- such that ANY attempt at updating would overwrite these IOSes (but I suppose updates are disabled via other means). If you wanted to label these IOSes in some way so that people knew what they were, you did a poor job at doing so. There are plenty of better ways; Waninkoko modifies the 64-byte "label" content file with his name and the version number. We store the BootMii version number in an unused spot of the TMD. Use your imagination.

9th_Sage said:
wolffangalchemist said:
cioscorp is NOT destructive the creators of bootmii just don't like it hence why they try to make there installer not work with it installed.I just want to say something, since I think some people are missing the point Bushing was (I believe, so forgive me if I'm wrong) trying to make. The things the HackMii installer does, could probably screw up your Wii pretty bad. This is why Twiizers tests the hell out of things (as well as adds in all sorts of checks to their installer). Now, with cioscorp, the installer doesn't know what the hell they are, so rather than install and possibly screw something up, it refuses to do so. Since they are an unknown, it can't run code on them and expect results to be exactly how it wants them.
This is correct. The HackMii installer has some logic in it to decide what version of IOS to use. If possible, it uses an "old" (minor) version of IOS, one that does not have the strncmp bug patched and /dev/flash blocked -- the way it does this is by checking each major version of IOS's minor version against a list of the last usable versions of each. If it doesn't find an "old" version, it checks to see if it has exploit code for a specific version of a specific IOS (we picked one for 3.4 systems, and one for 4.0 systems), and if this fails, you get the "well then suck it" message -- because it's supposed to mean that we need to go download new versions of IOS and painstakingly find new exploits, and just the thought of that makes us grumpy.

After we released the first beta of the HackMii Installer, we got a bunch of logs of install failures where the installer tried to use an "old" (hacked) version of IOS, which was really a newer version of IOS with a modified version number. Sure, you might patch the hashchecks out, but are you going to re-enable /dev/flash? We can't make any assumptions here, because not everyone uses the same exploits we do -- and trying to use them results in strange error codes that are painful to troubleshoot, or worse yet, silent hangs. We started to notice a pattern of strange version numbers, so we went and added a check to make it skip any patched IOSes.

It turns out that this isn't really a problem for anyone ... except people with cIOSCORP installed.

QUOTE(wolffangalchemist @ Jun 11 2009, 04:13 AM)
well cioscorp is old and not liked apparently i guess, lol i wasn't trying to piss anyone off or get "told" on the internet.
i get where everyone is coming from, team twiizers doesn't like piracy so they won't use ios's that can be used for it or are not official so exactly my point they don't like it i didn't say it was the only reason.
No, if we actually cared whether or not people used hacked versions of IOS, we could just look for any Wii with IOS249 and refuse to install on it. Or, say, release an April Fool's update that silently deletes fakesigned VC content from NAND. However, this sounds like a lot of work with no real benefit, and we have better ways to spend our time.

The check for fakesigned IOSes is to save us the time we would (and have!) spent debugging install failures on systems in an unpredictable state. Nothing more, nothing less.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you would like cIOSCORP 3.4:

Read 8 lines of the first post or look in my signature.

Good day,
ChokeD

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
THANKS FOR THE UPDATE THOUGH I WONT MESS WITH IT IM ON 3.2 AND SEE NO DOCUMENTATION IN REGARD TO GOING FROM CIOSCORP V1 TO THIS 3.4 VS SO I WONT BOTHER QUITE YET!
frown.gif

None the less thank you for the update you all are phenominal contributors i use V1 and its STILL working with all my games NP (occasional patches for specific games but no biggy!

Thanks so much if you could tell us more about 3.2U cioscorp 1 and 2 users applying this and the risks id be happy to send that email with all due anticipation
smile.gif
...but alas im a bit cautious with flash (have preloader but bootmii oly went in as ios (starfall also installed no modchip but twilight hack works
smile.gif
tested the autoboot with starfall I also brick and recover developing themes and system menu mods and animated channels so im not new to recovering my wii even without bootmii i have preloader and starfall
smile.gif
)

hope thats sufficient info and ty for your time...

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey vetta,

I'm on 3.2U as well and haven't had time to install this yet, but I would say if if it isn't broke, don't fix it bud.

If you did wish to test for whatever the reason you could install this over any version of cIOSCORP no problem.

hack3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed cIOSCORP 3.4 on my 3.2U wii and popped in my backup up Guitar hero 5 disc. The program seems to be working because the disc channel told me that I need a wii system update, which I take to mean that it is reading the disc correctly. My question is, does cIOSCORP 3.4 come with a setting to disable wii updates, or do I need to install preloader for that?

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Disc updates are SystemMenu related, not IOS related, so you'll need something like preloader with hacks.ini, or starfall (if you have SystemMenu 3.2x), or startpatch.

I am planning to make a full wii modding package after cIOSCORP v3.x has been perfected.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or maybe not