Hacking Circle Pad patches for Super Mario 64 DS and other games (in TwilightMenu with TWPatcher and RTCom)

solidgui3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you, you're amazing!
Everything should be the same for other games, just grab the correct cheatcode for your game and that's all

Yes, the "main feature" of my mod was to use the CStick and gyroscope on N3DS. The former is not present on O3DS, and the latter has a different interface and I can't get it to work. The best I can do for O3DS is to map the camera to CirclePad (in case you're left handed or something)

Okay, I'll check this out

This is indeed a bug. I have fixed it and reuploaded the cheat. Please test it and thanks for reporting.

Reactions: shoco

shoco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Is there a way we can set this up for Dragon Ball Origins and Origins 2 on the DS?

More like is there a way we can use the remapper to remap touch screen inputs or is that more advanced not covered by a GUI?
As far as I know, there is no way to remap the touch screen, because (unlike buttons) Nintendo didn't implement it. The only way is to manually modify code of a specific game (what I've been doing so far with these patches).

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, there is no way to remap the touch screen, because (unlike buttons) Nintendo didn't implement it. The only way is to manually modify code of a specific game (what I've been doing so far with these patches).

Damn that’s what I thought. Thanks for letting me know

shoco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Usually I'm not the type to ask for a request but there's one game in particular that I think well benefit as much as super mario 64 ds, which is "Super Monkey Ball Touch and Roll". This game already has touch screen implementation for analog movement as well. I honestly think that'll make it more playable to some super monkey ball fans who missed out on this title due to controls.
Done. I didn't touch the minigames though

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Done. I didn't touch the minigames though
Man props to you for keeping this going for the past year...For Chibi Robo Rich Happy Sweep, I don't suppose there is a way to Mod the C-stick to ABXY camera controls? I know you've done some changes already to this one with A and B buttons so is there a way if one could hold like ZR while using the C-Stick it would not impact the other A/B changes you did?

I tried to this myself but it erases all the other changes you did manually like the D-Pad and A/B changes

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

solidgui3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello,the code on super monkey ball is making It stuck on a White screen,other games with codes work fine tho

shoco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Man props to you for keeping this going for the past year...For Chibi Robo Rich Happy Sweep, I don't suppose there is a way to Mod the C-stick to ABXY camera controls? I know you've done some changes already to this one with A and B buttons so is there a way if one could hold like ZR while using the C-Stick it would not impact the other A/B changes you did?

If I understand you correctly. Here on the screenshot is shown a remapper configuration where the CStick is mapped to ABXY and the CPad is unmapped from the DPad (as it's normally done by the mod itself, but the remapper can override it). All the DS keys and the ABXY buttons themselves still behave the same as before (i.e. the camera control, A/B for questions, and the dpad stuff). The only problem with that is that the CStick can also press those A/B keys, but I don't remember the camera control and yes/no questions overlapping in actual gameplay.
Just in case, the remapper and my mod are essentially two separate things that know nothing about each other. The mod works mostly on the DS side, and the remapper solely on the 3DS side. The remapper simulates button presses so neither the DS nor my mod know anything about the actual keys being pressed. As an example, if you map B to ZR (and unmap it from the actual DS's B), the mod will require you to press ZR to say "No" in this game.
One 3DS key can activate multiple DS keys, and one DS key can be activated by multiple 3DS keys, but not only at the same time. So if you map both "A" and "B" to "X", then "X" can be activated by pressing both "A" and "B", or only "A", or only "B" (but not only "A and B at the same time").

1692723252014.png

Hello,the code on super monkey ball is making It stuck on a White screen,other games with codes work fine tho

You mean right when you start the game? I rechecked them and they seem to work normally. Maybe you chose the wrong version? Please try "usrcheat.dat" that is inside the same zip archive (or in ALL_MODS_IN_ONE_FILE.zip), maybe that will help

Last edited by shoco,

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
If I understand you correctly. Here on the screenshot is shown a remapper configuration where the CStick is mapped to ABXY and the CPad is unmapped from the DPad (as it's normally done by the mod itself, but the remapper can override it). All the DS keys and the ABXY buttons themselves still behave the same as before (i.e. the camera control, A/B for questions, and the dpad stuff). The only problem with that is that the CStick can also press those A/B keys, but I don't remember the camera control and yes/no questions overlapping in actual gameplay.
Just in case, the remapper and my mod are essentially two separate things that know nothing about each other. The mod works mostly on the DS side, and the remapper solely on the 3DS side. The remapper simulates button presses so neither the DS nor my mod know anything about the actual keys being pressed. As an example, if you map B to ZR (and unmap it from the actual DS's B), the mod will require you to press ZR to say "No" in this game.
One 3DS key can activate multiple DS keys, and one DS key can be activated by multiple 3DS keys, but not only at the same time. So if you map both "A" and "B" to "X", then "X" can be activated by pressing both "A" and "B", or only "A", or only "B" (but not only "A and B at the same time").

View attachment 389704

You mean right when you start the game? I rechecked them and they seem to work normally. Maybe you chose the wrong version? Please try "usrcheat.dat" that is inside the same zip archive (or in ALL_MODS_IN_ONE_FILE.zip), maybe that will help

Oh that makes sense….I only mapped the cstick and unchecked everything else….thus making the unmapped buttons do nothing. I’ll do this when I get home. Thank you!

EDIT: THAT WORKED. Now I just need to look up a walkthrough and figure out where I am!

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

Vendicatorealato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No issues on my side, Super Monkey Ball: Touch & Roll (EUR) boots correctly. I have TWiLightMenu v25.11.0 + nds-bootstrap v0.72.1, widescreen is enabled, and I am on a New 3DS.

felixsrg

Temp's Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I was playing all three Rune Factory games, normal USA versions, but I decided to make them Undub and then the white screen started showing up, Rune Factory 3 was working before but no more. Maybe any idea what could have happened? Any idea is greately appreciated.

shoco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I think i see the problem then ,I'm in the American version,will try the eur
I tested on all 3.

Normally (if everything else is all right), this white screen should mean that there is no RTCom on the other side (3DS), so the game just keeps waiting forever for the answer. In other words, the TwlBg that is used to play the game is not patched. Check out the troubleshooting section in the first post. Especially the first clause about widescreen patches. Maybe the older version of your game had widescreen mods and so TwilightMenu used a properly patched TwlBg, but the newer one doesn't (or vice versa). Or maybe TwlightMenu settings are different. Something like that.

Reactions: felixsrg

felixsrg

Temp's Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I tested on all 3.

Normally (if everything else is all right), this white screen should mean that there is no RTCom on the other side (3DS), so the game just keeps waiting forever for the answer. In other words, the TwlBg that is used to play the game is not patched. Check out the troubleshooting section in the first post. Especially the first clause about widescreen patches. Maybe the older version of your game had widescreen mods and so TwilightMenu used a properly patched TwlBg, but the newer one doesn't (or vice versa). Or maybe TwlightMenu settings are different. Something like that.
I’m really sorry, you are completely right, patching TwlBg again and placing right files in right folders made everything work again, thank you so much!

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I completed super monkey ball ds twice many years ago, I really enjoyed it and the fact I used the dpad seemed strange but still managed ok. (using the touch screen gets it the way of the game...)
Having a hack to let me use the analog stick now is incredible, thank you!!

selcuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
heya im using an r4 flashcard with this and i get a white screen with kingdom hearts 358/2 days. i have twlbg with widescreen patched. I enabled the widescreen cheat code and the c-pad with c-stick cheat code (i have a n3ds LL)

shoco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
heya im using an r4 flashcard with this and i get a white screen with kingdom hearts 358/2 days. i have twlbg with widescreen patched. I enabled the widescreen cheat code and the c-pad with c-stick cheat code (i have a n3ds LL)
Some people have said that my mods work correctly with flashcards, so I assume this is the same case as was my previous comment about (the actual TwlBg hasn't been patched). See the troubleshooting section. Make sure both TwlBg are patched (widescreen and non-). If that doesn't help, try some of my other mods without any widescreen patches (just to make sure the problem is not specific to this mod or to widescreen-related things).

Russ9876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've added the shoco's Circle Pad patches (update 2023-08-21) to the DeadSkullzJr's NDS(i) Cheat Database (update 06/06/2023). I hope that I haven't done any mistake.
Thanks go to @shoco and @DeadSkullzJr.
I did this as well, but I added the Widescreen patches for MKDS and SM64DS. Great Job!

Edit:
I've updated this a lot to make sure that everything is working as it should, especially my copy of SM64DS with the widescreen mod, which wasn't showing up. Let me know if something isn't working, I'll see what I can do.

Attachments

• usrcheat.zip
    8.7 MB · Views: 47
Last edited by Russ9876,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3