Hacking Configurable USB Loader

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midnightzak said:
Also, will this loader dump/play GC games? If not are there any that will do both Wii and GCN games?

Gamecubes can not be played off HDD because when playing Gamecube games, it shuts off the USB ports. It's like the DS shutting off Slot 1 when playing GBA games.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v32a2 (alpha2)

http://sharebee.com/463045b8

- Alternative .dol loading option (from NeoGamma by WiiPower)
Loaded from loader base dir GAMEID.dol (4 letter ID)
[ default: sd:/usb-loader/GAMEID.dol ]
- Sam & Max fix (by WiiPower)
- Updated ios22[23]-mload ehci module from uLoader 2.0
- Init wpad after ios reload, so that confirm_ocarina doesn't hang

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
delage13 said:
Sorry if this has been answered but I couldn't find it in the last 8 pages or using Search...
I upgraded to rev_13a from rev_10 to get Indiana Jones to work, but all my other games give me the 002 error now.
I believe I am using 31c with the 002 fix. Upgraded to 4u using Wanniko's updater.
Is there a setting I need to change to activate the fix? I have read there is for the GX loader.
Thanks.

There is no setting for that, it is enabled by default.
Check the version of the loader you are using, go to options and then go to select device menu, it will show you also the loader version. Make sure you have 31c

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oggzee said:
cfg v32a2 (alpha2)

http://sharebee.com/463045b8

- Alternative .dol loading option (from NeoGamma by WiiPower)
Loaded from loader base dir GAMEID.dol (4 letter ID)
[ default: sd:/usb-loader/GAMEID.dol ]
- Sam & Max fix (by WiiPower)
- Updated ios22[23]-mload ehci module from uLoader 2.0
- Init wpad after ios reload, so that confirm_ocarina doesn't hang

I don't know if this loader supports Waninkoko's cIOS. If yes, you should tell that compatiblity with cIOSrev12 is now broken. Oh and i would try to avoid as much as possible wpad init and shutdowns, after 10-13 you get a code dump.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
WiiPower said:
I don't know if this loader supports Waninkoko's cIOS. If yes, you should tell that compatiblity with cIOSrev12 is now broken. Oh and i would try to avoid as much as possible wpad init and shutdowns, after 10-13 you get a code dump.

Yes it uses waninkoko's 249 by default.
So, is only rev12 affected, or all revision prior 13?
And the problematic change is this Sam&Max fix?
If the problem is only with rev12, I guess we can live with that, otherwise I can make that fix optional...
(or, hmm, I could disable it automatically if ios 249 rev12 is detected)

I noticed problems with wpad init/shutdown, and am avoiding it.
I only do it once, when reloading a different selected ios.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oggzee said:
WiiPower said:

Yes it uses waninkoko's 249 by default.
So, is only rev12 affected, or all revision prior 13?
And the problematic change is this Sam&Max fix?
If the problem is only with rev12, I guess we can live with that, otherwise I can make that fix optional...
(or, hmm, I could disable it automatically if ios 249 rev12 is detected)

I noticed problems with wpad init/shutdown, and am avoiding it.
I only do it once, when reloading a different selected ios.

I'm doing IOS Reloads evenutally when trying to mount the wbfs filesystem. Seems to help on some Wiis, at least on some HDDs that work with rev10 without problems, but starting having problems in rev13. Rev12 was the reason why i waited so long with the NeoGamma release. The 001 fix in rev12 is working different from the one in the other cIOS. Maybe rev8 has the same issue, but that's not a usb loading cIOS.

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All, I've ran into a small problem. I booted up guitar hero smash hits today first with ios 249, then I realized I'd need mload ios 222 in order to use my mic. I tried booting with that ios and I got error that it wouldn't boot. Then I downloaded the latest alpha and the game would boot with mload ios 222. Great so far, then I plugged in my mic and the game refuses to recognize it, even though it's the official guitar hero mic. I didn't enable the block ios reload option, should I have?

Any explanation as to what's going on here because the mic works in guitar hero world tour and rock band 2?

if it helps, I do not know what cios rev I have, and I don't know how to tell. I'm fairly certain I'ven't installed anything like rev13a in recent history but I don't know. Is there a way to check this and would having the latest rev13a help, because I know I've heard bad things about 13b.

EDIT - I figured out the problem, apparently the usb mic won't work if you plug it in after the game starts. You have to plug it in before the game starts. This isn't a big deal but something tells me it needn't be this way?

EDIT AGAIN - I did a test and found out that if I unplug the mic and plug it back in after starting the game that the game will no longer recognize the mic. This definitely shouldn't be.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
DaFees said:
EDIT - I figured out the problem, apparently the usb mic won't work if you plug it in after the game starts. You have to plug it in before the game starts. This isn't a big deal but something tells me it needn't be this way?

EDIT AGAIN - I did a test and found out that if I unplug the mic and plug it back in after starting the game that the game will no longer recognize the mic. This definitely shouldn't be.
It's been widely documented that the mic needs to be plugged in from the start. I don't think any of the loaders support unplugging/replugging.

@oggzee:

The alternative .dols work like the other loaders, right? So we have to use a WBFS Manager on a PC to extract the ISO, then get the alternative .dol out of it with Wii Scrubber, then copy that to the SD card as sd:/usb-loader/XXXX.dol (replacing XXXX with the game ID), then running with the alternative .dol option?

I do wish there was a way to do this without going to PC, but I guess extracting the file directly off the USB drive in the Loader is a bit too tricky, or is it?

raptor1010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
raptor1010 said:
I found a bug. For the games that need to have the contry_patch on, like Rouge Trooper, the game boots up fine in the regular menu, but when you try to boot it up in the gui, it freezes on the loading game message.
Are you sure you aren't just seeing the rev 13 bug? You have to reset the console before starting a second game. Coming back to the Wii Menu via the Home button won't work.

Yep, you are correct, that's what it was. Any fix for that?

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
raptor1010 said:
I have heard that it will be fixed in the next cIOS version (July, supposedly), though that's second hand knowledge so I wouldn't quote me.
tongue.gif

raptor1010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
raptor1010 said:
Wait for rev 14, I guess. You could also try one of Hermes' IOS222/223.

Or another easy fix for this is when you are exiting a game you just have to hit the Reset button instead of the Wii Menu button.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a little behind on the whole cIOS 222/223 thing. I installed both, and on each selected "IOS36 (Default)" Was this ok? I can select either 222 or 223 and HOTD2 now works (yay!), but what is the difference between the two? Was there a more correct way to install these? I read something about installing 223 as "IOS37 Merged IOS36?" Sorry if I sound like a noob in this regard, but Hermes cIOS's were released way before I even owned a Wii
smile.gif
Any explanation is greatly appreciated!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
zektor said:
I am a little behind on the whole cIOS 222/223 thing. I installed both, and on each selected "IOS36 (Default)" Was this ok? I can select either 222 or 223 and HOTD2 now works (yay!), but what is the difference between the two? Was there a more correct way to install these? I read something about installing 223 as "IOS37 Merged IOS36?" Sorry if I sound like a noob in this regard, but Hermes cIOS's were released way before I even owned a Wii
smile.gif
Any explanation is greatly appreciated!
Rock Band instruments need IOS37 or later merged in, I think. I don't actually believe there's a difference between 222 and 223 themselves except for the number, so you can install both and have two different versions of the merging for maximum compatibility.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Just curious will installing hermes 222/223 in any way conflict with wanin's cIOS249 rev13?

Also, my WBFS partition is the 3rd one FAT32-FAT32-WBFS, will it cfg usb loader be able to detect it?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Bloodlust said:
Just curious will installing hermes 222/223 in any way conflict with wanin's cIOS249 rev13?
No.
QUOTEAlso, my WBFS partition is the 3rd one FAT32-FAT32-WBFS, will it cfg usb loader be able to detect it?
It should.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious