Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
now I'm confused, in the apps folder is the USBLoader folder and nothing else?
OK, you need to have copied inSDRoot/apps/USBLoader to usb:/apps/USBLoader. You also should copy inSDRoot/USB-Loader to usb:/USB-Loader.

You really should just copy from your already working SD card, though. Take those directories (whichever ones you have on your SD card already) and copy them to the USB FAT partition with the same file structure. Then eject the SD card and use either the forwarder or HBC and you should be good.

I was playing around with the hide game feature and in trying to organize everything hid the majority of my games. I noticed I started getting a save error when I tried to hide the games. It looks like there is a limit since I could unhide a game and hide another but then when I tried another game the error came up. Any reason why there is a limit? Can it be increased?

I haven't tried it yet, but can I add more hides to my config file in addition to what is in the settings file?
You can, but the games hidden with the hide_game option cannot be unlocked via the password. It is a completely different feature to the one used in the Loader itself.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Dr. Clipper said:
I was playing around with the hide game feature and in trying to organize everything hid the majority of my games. I noticed I started getting a save error when I tried to hide the games. It looks like there is a limit since I could unhide a game and hide another but then when I tried another game the error came up. Any reason why there is a limit? Can it be increased?

I haven't tried it yet, but can I add more hides to my config file in addition to what is in the settings file?
You can, but the games hidden with the hide_game option cannot be unlocked via the password. It is a completely different feature to the one used in the Loader itself.
Actually by unlocking both kinds of hidden games will be visible, the feature is the same. The only difference is that if you put hide_game in config.txt you can't unhide and save the setting, it will still be hidden next time you start the loader.

And yes there is a limit for the number of hidden games, for no particular reason, I think at 200, I never thought people would hit this limit
smile.gif
It will be increased in the next version. I hope 500 will be enough?
ohmy.gif

Dochog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. I would hope 500 would be enough, lol. I was just trying something out and kept getting an error. Figured it must be a limit after trying several things.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
Actually by unlocking both kinds of hidden games will be visible, the feature is the same. The only difference is that if you put hide_game in config.txt you can't unhide and save the setting, it will still be hidden next time you start the loader.

OK, time for me to call you out on the README again... Can we please change this:
README-CFG.txt said:
- NOTE: this functionality completely replaces the hide_game option in config.txt, but they CAN be used together. Any games currently listed in hide_game will ALWAYS be marked as hidden by default in Game Options and cannot be unhidden until they are removed from config.txt
to this (changes in bold):
README-CFG.txt
- NOTE: this functionality completely replaces the hide_game option in config.txt, but they CAN be used together. Any games currently listed in hide_game will be shown when unlocked, but will ALWAYS be marked as hidden by default in Game Options and cannot be changed to unhidden unless they are removed from config.txt
?

At least I understand note 2 now, which confused me when I first saw it, but I never went back to try to figure it out.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Dr. Clipper said:
OK, time for me to call you out on the README again... Can we please change this: [...]
to this (changes in bold):
README-CFG.txt said:
- NOTE: this functionality completely replaces the hide_game option in config.txt, but they CAN be used together. Any games currently listed in hide_game will be shown when unlocked, but will ALWAYS be marked as hidden by default in Game Options and cannot be changed to unhidden unless they are removed from config.txt
?
At least I understand note 2 now, which confused me when I first saw it, but I never went back to try to figure it out.
Right! Done.

milcoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just wana say that the overlay function for the backgrounds is working perfect within the new release.

Maybe a random theme picker is something you guy's can build. That would be nice each time you start the loader you will get a different theme. (optionaly ofcource)

Another nice option would be a "download new theme's" but we need some space on a server and someone who is willing to setup a upload possibility for the theme's.

Is it possible to store your Theme's on the USB instead of SD and change the path to the usb drive?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
milcoi said:
Is it possible to store your Theme's on the USB instead of SD and change the path to the usb drive?
Only if you move the whole usb-loader directory to usb-hdd fat partition.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
milcoi said:
Only if you move the whole usb-loader directory to usb-hdd fat partition.
Does that mean that you can't use a usb drive at the same time the usb-hdd is running.

charroux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there some way of having parentals control settings off at startup, then enabled with password and save that setting for the next startup? Maybe an admin_unlock = 2 or admin_lock = 0? The reason I ask is because I always want to be able to install/uninstall and see the 18+/M games, and only want them hidden when my 9-year-old nephews come over. I know I can unhide the games via password each time, but sometimes I forget to unlock them when my friends come over, so they don't see all the games by default.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
IchigoSJ said:
Does that mean that you can't use a usb drive at the same time the usb-hdd is running.
Not sure I understand your question?
If you want to have games and config on usb-hdd then you need two partitions - one fat and one wbfs.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
charroux said:
Is there some way of having parentals control settings off at startup, then enabled with password and save that setting for the next startup? Maybe an admin_unlock = 2 or admin_lock = 0? The reason I ask is because I always want to be able to install/uninstall and see the 18+/M games, and only want them hidden when my 9-year-old nephews come over. I know I can unhide the games via password each time, but sometimes I forget to unlock them when my friends come over, so they don't see all the games by default.
Hmm, interesting problem
smile.gif

There's isn't at the moment, we'll consider it.
Not sure how to name the option
smile.gif
(as always)
Probably one of:
admin_lock = 0
start_unlocked = 1
For now, you could use the old method of having 2 config dirs...
edit: oh just now realized you will want to save the state as well, that makes it a bit more complicated
wink.gif
(not hard, just not trivial, so not sure if i'll add that quick)
another quick work-around: set your password empty, that way it's easy to unlock just hold button 1 for 5 seconds and it's done. like this:
unlock_password=

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but would it be possible to implement hooking? (besides ocarina) Also, what exactly is the purpose of the cap on the number of codes that you can have in a txt file when the number applied is what matters? Oh could the gameconfig.txt be used as well?

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
IchigoSJ said:
Not sure I understand your question?
If you want to have games and config on usb-hdd then you need two partitions - one fat and one wbfs.
I mean that having it loaded from a separate usb drive than the hdd doesn't work since the hbc supports sd cards and usb drives.

Dochog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the homebrew channel automatically scan the usb drive for an apps folder or is there something else you have to do? I have my drive hooked up with my files on it and have pulled out my sd card and my homebrew channel is just blank when I start it..

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
OneUp said:
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but would it be possible to implement hooking? (besides ocarina) Also, what exactly is the purpose of the cap on the number of codes that you can have in a txt file when the number applied is what matters? Oh could the gameconfig.txt be used as well?
What is gameconfig.txt? Do you mean setting options for individual games externally? You could go and edit settings.cfg, which is where Cfg stores the individually saved settings for each game.

QUOTE(Dochog @ Aug 21 2009, 06:28 AM) Does the homebrew channel automatically scan the usb drive for an apps folder or is there something else you have to do? I have my drive hooked up with my files on it and have pulled out my sd card and my homebrew channel is just blank when I start it..
Yes it does, as long as there is some sort of FAT partition (not NTFS) and there is no SD card plugged in (or perhaps having no apps directory is enough). If HBC isn't seeing your FAT partition, try checking if the partition is marked as active. On a Windows PC, you can do that by running diskmgmt.msc and a "Mark Partition as Active" option will show up if you right click on a partition in the lower part of the window.

gd48202

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have found a minor issue with the cheat manager with the latest version of Configurable USB Loader. If I try to download the cheats for Zelda: Twilight Princess. It states that there is an error because there are more than 256 lines.

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
OneUp said:
What is gameconfig.txt? Do you mean setting options for individual games externally? You could go and edit settings.cfg, which is where Cfg stores the individually saved settings for each game.

I'm referring to Gecko OS settings. This particular one lets your have about 1000 lines of code or something for Brawl.

QUOTE(gd48202 @ Aug 20 2009, 04:37 PM)
I have found a minor issue with the cheat manager with the latest version of Configurable USB Loader. If I try to download the cheats for Zelda: Twilight Princess. It states that there is an error because there are more than 256 lines.
Yeah that happens with a lot of games. I think it needs to be changed to be based upon generating the gct file, not reading the txt file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Crazy people actually spend $50 on that stuff
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Towelie runs my farm, he's awesome.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Polly is still around from what I've heard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @SylverReZ, is Pollys alt I knew it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I see him every once whi!e , incognito
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, I'm not him. Keep looking.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.