Hacking Configurable USB Loader

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Player77 said:
Whenever I try to dump a game from disc to the USB-HD , I get a WBFS error ret-1

QUOTE(Groomery @ Dec 9 2009, 09:44 PM) Hello! i have just bought an Wester Digital my passport essental 320gb. and fast formated the drive, as Fat32 then i made an wbfs partition, and when i install a game at 50% it says WBFS ERROR:Read error (ret= -1)
Press A to eject dvd?
Anyone?

Does any of you two have a modchip?
Can you try adding this option:

install_partitions = only_game

to config.txt and try again?

EDIT: Another question, is it possible that your disc is scratched?

EDIT2:
Note: the read error check has been introduced in v47, all previous
versions including the original loader 1.5 and all other loaders
silently ignore it.
I might change that to a WARNING in the future.

zinger5

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a quick compatibility note - I tried using a new PNY Optima 16GB SDHC to run HBC and CFG v49 from with running the games from the fat partition. Sometimes CFG refuses to load (hangs before showing the splash) but mostly it boots up and sees the files on the card however it hangs when trying to play them (just after "[FAT]..." I think). An old 512mb SD card runs the same fine by the way.

Cheers, and keep up the great work.

zinger5

EDIT: Also just tried a 16GB Sandisk Ultra II which exhibited the same errors as above. Shame really as it would be nice to be able to just have one neat little SD card with HBC, CFG and games on.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
zinger5 said:
Just a quick compatibility note - I tried using a new PNY Optima 16GB SDHC to run HBC and CFG v49 from with running the games from the fat partition. Sometimes CFG refuses to load (hangs before showing the splash) but mostly it boots up and sees the files on the card however it hangs when trying to play them (just after "[FAT]..." I think). An old 512mb SD card runs the same fine by the way.

Cheers, and keep up the great work.
zinger5

EDIT: Also just tried a 16GB Sandisk Ultra II which exhibited the same errors as above. Shame really as it would be nice to be able to just have one neat little SD card with HBC, CFG and games on.
Yeah SDHC compatibility is not good, i don't even know if it works with any SDHC card at all?
I only tested it with SD as i don't have any SDHC.
tongue.gif

Maybe one thing to try would be merge ios 222 with ios 60 option, if it perhaps has better sdhc compatibility.. but that is a wild guess, maybe it won't help at all...

zinger5

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll give that a go. If there's anything you want me to test for you using these 16gb SDHC cards feel free to let me know - any logs or anything which might help improve SDHC compatibility, etc.

zinger5

TeconMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 4 GB SD Card isn't working out for me and my 2 GB is, but you already know that SDHC isn't working out too well so I'll just leave it to you to fix it eventually xD

Specifically, I can see my games fine, and I can install games fine, and when I click on a game it plays the intro sound effect from the game fine, but when I try to load the game it hangs when it says it's loading the custom ios 222-mload. I've tried with 223-mload also.

I love this loader and keep up the awesome work!
smile.gif

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
teconmoon said:
My 4 GB SD Card isn't working out for me and my 2 GB is, but you already know that SDHC isn't working out too well so I'll just leave it to you to fix it eventually xD

Specifically, I can see my games fine, and I can install games fine, and when I click on a game it plays the intro sound effect from the game fine, but when I try to load the game it hangs when it says it's loading the custom ios 222-mload. I've tried with 223-mload also.

I love this loader and keep up the awesome work!
smile.gif
You sure you have 222 (38 merged 37) installed?

TeconMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I am sure. SDHC is just being very buggy in general with this loader. For example, the loader would work when only one game was installed on the card but not with two.

Peache

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
teconmoon said:
Yes I am sure. SDHC is just being very buggy in general with this loader. For example, the loader would work when only one game was installed on the card but not with two.

I hope they do fix up or look through the codeing with SDHC. I think your loader is the best oggzee and usptactical and i don't want too change too another just cause my SDHC can't work with it compared to the other loaders that are out
frown.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Groomery said:
every game works to install from disc with GX Loader, but not with this one? Strange!
Because it is ignoring read errors
wink.gif

I will change that back to ignore errors too, just print a warning.

Player77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
oggzee said:

Yes I have a Wiikey v1 installed and yes ... adding that line to config.txt did the trick
laugh.gif

Thanks for the hint
wink.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Player77 said:
oggzee said:

Yes I have a Wiikey v1 installed and yes ... adding that line to config.txt did the trick
laugh.gif

Thanks for the hint
wink.gif
As I suspected, the modchip is interfering with the reading of the update partition.
I think it's time i make the install_partition=only_game the default to avoid such problems in the future.

The-Magician

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
oggzee said:
Player77 said:
oggzee said:

laugh.gif

Thanks for the hint
wink.gif
As I suspected, the modchip is interfering with the reading of the update partition.
I think it's time i make the install_partition=only_game the default to avoid such problems in the future.

I have a d2key in my wii and don't have that problem.

Mr_Q

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What is currently the best revision of Waninkoko to use with this loader?

Is it advisable to update / use rev15? Or is it better to use rev14?
I have searched this forum / with google but could not find a clear answer.
I did see that rev15 needs the anti 002 fix enabled for some games where rev14 does not.

Any advantages/disadvantages?

Thanks a lot for this loader, I recommend it to everyone!

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
Peache said:
I hope they do fix up or look through the codeing with SDHC. I think your loader is the best oggzee and usptactical and i don't want too change too another just cause my SDHC can't work with it compared to the other loaders that are out :(
Do you know of any loader that works with SDHC? I just need a loader for a friends SDHC card, and I'm sure he won't care who's fork of 1.5 it is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    He could make so much money!!! His arm would never get tired lol
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    How are yall doing
    +2
  • VXNlcm5hbWU @ VXNlcm5hbWU:
    Just had a pure banger of a sandwich there, was very nice
    +1
    VXNlcm5hbWU @ VXNlcm5hbWU: Just had a pure banger of a sandwich there, was very nice +1