Hacking Configurable USB Loader

lixoman100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
whatup777 said:
Is Wii Backup manager recommended for CFG USB's NTFS support?

I have been using it and it works with no problems. It can even create sparse iso files correctly. Very good little program, I say
smile.gif

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Can someone answer my query? I am trying out v50b2-fat on an NTFS partition. My folder structure is :

usb://wbfs/SMNE01_New SUPER MARIO BROS. Wii/SMNE01.wbfs

but cfg loader doesn't seem to see the file? Is wbfs not supported?

lixoman100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello,

I'd like to report a bug.
Cover do not work when loaded from a NTFS drive.
I have a 750gb Western Digital My Passport formatted as NTFS, loading games from .isos is working fine. I downloaded the covers externally (since CFG USB Loader can't write to NTFS yet and can't download the covers itself) and placed it in the \covers directory on my drive. I set up covers_path as ntfs:/covers

The loader loads some covers and then crashes. If I press B and go to the regular game list (by default mine goes to coverflow) some covers are loaded, some show up corrupted.

I was thinking that it was some of the covers that were corrupted, so I downloaded pngcheck and verified my covers; they all worked.

I decided to try moving (not re-downloading, just plainly moving) my covers folder from my NTFS drive to the SD card. I configured it to load from sd:/covers and voila, the covers are working.

So I assume the problem is with loading covers from a NTFS drive, not with the covers themselves.

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IxthusTiger said:
BONG4002 said:
I do not know if it has already been mentioned but i am missing a hooktype function for the Ocarina loader within the CFG loader. Some cheats require a certain hooktype to work correctly and i found no function for that. I know that Ocarina does not stand on oggzee's priority list but i will be very thankful if it could be added in a future version for this very excellent loader!
smile.gif

second
smile.gif
I know i really shouldn't do this, and Oggzee can just never implement it if that's what he wants... but i would really like this feature. soooooo...

third
smile.gif

Jodiskett

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodlust said:
Can someone answer my query? I am trying out v50b2-fat on an NTFS partition. My folder structure is :

and if you remove the . Wii ??

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Jodiskett said:
Bloodlust said:

I thought the folder structure was compatible? Because when I use FAT32, it sees the game..

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bloodlust said:
Jodiskett said:
Bloodlust said:

I thought the folder structure was compatible? Because when I use FAT32, it sees the game..
i think jodiskett thought the . Wii was a file extension, not part of the name...
but yeah, .wbfs files should be supported, but i can't say much as i haven't tried NTFS yet.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodlust said:
Jodiskett said:
Bloodlust said:

Do you have more games on the drive? Does the loader see these games? Did you select the NTFS partition. Everything works fine here with .iso and .wbfs files.

bootsector

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have an USB enclosure with a 80GB 2.5" HDD inside it. It works great with Configurable USB Loader formatted as WBFS. But it fails to load games if it's formatted as FAT32 or NTFS (althought I can see the games list and I can hear the game's song after selecting it from the list). When I push A to load the game, it display the status (loading with mload-222 FAT/NTFS) and the DVD drive glows blue and it hangs.

I tried to use this very same HDD formatted as WBFS with Hermes' uLoader 3.3. It doesn't seem to recognize it. So I think the problem is between Hermes' cIOS 222/223 and my HDD. Then I tried to use uLoader 3.3 combined with the ehcmodule.elf from uLoader 2.8 and BANG: it works with the HDD!

My theory: cIOS222/223, by itself, can't handle my HDD unless I use the ehcmodule.elf from uLoader 2.8. And as games in FAT32 or NTFS are being loaded by cIOS222/223, that's why it hangs.

My question: is that possible to use an external ehcmodule.elf when loading games from FAT32/NTFS, making cIOS to recognize my HDD?

I hope I can surpass this issue and be able to use FAT32/NTFS for good, along with Configurable USB Loader

Thanks,

bootsector

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
bootsector said:
My question: is that possible to use an external ehcmodule.elf when loading games from FAT32/NTFS, making cIOS to recognize my HDD?
Yes, but someone would have to merge the FAT/NTFS changes from cfg50 into a 2.8 ehcmodule and rebuild it.
Once you have that, you can supply that module as /usb-loader/ehcmodule_frag.elf and the loader will use it.
ehcmodule cfg50 source: cios_mload_cfg50.zip

bootsector

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for the quick reply!

Even if I format the drive as FAT32 (not NTFS) do I still have to merge the sources from ehcmodule from uloader 2.8 and CGF50? Or can I get ehcmodule.elf "as is", rename it to ehcmodule_frag.elf and put it under /usb-loader/ to get FAT32 support on my HDD?

Please let me know!

Thanks!

oggzee said:
bootsector said:
Yes, but someone would have to merge the FAT/NTFS changes from cfg50 into a 2.8 ehcmodule and rebuild it.
Once you have that, you can supply that module as /usb-loader/ehcmodule_frag.elf and the loader will use it.
ehcmodule cfg50 source: cios_mload_cfg50.zip

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
bootsector said:
Thanks for the quick reply!
Even if I format the drive as FAT32 (not NTFS) do I still have to merge the sources from ehcmodule from uloader 2.8 and CGF50? Or can I get ehcmodule.elf "as is", rename it to ehcmodule_frag.elf and put it under /usb-loader/ to get FAT32 support on my HDD?
Yes, both fat and ntfs require changes to ehcmodule.
kdiff3 should make that easier: kdiff3 cios3.1 cios_cfg50 cios2.8

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
fig2k4 said:
I didn't think that sparse files would cause any more fragmentation than writing a normal file, but obviously it does.
It's one of the longstanding problems of using sparse files. Official OS documentation often omits to mention it, but it's been a problem for everyone using them.

QUOTE(GolfDude @ Dec 15 2009, 08:45 PM) and until ntfs catches on with otehr homebrewers,
Never then. :>

kingbrake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodlust said:
Am trying out v50b2 using an NTFS partition.

/wbfs/gameid_title/gameid.wbfs doesn't seem to work as the program can't see the game.. what's wrong?
I have the same problem.
NOT ANY ONE game shows in the loader.

I'm using CFG Loader v50 release, or v50b2. And I have 1 FAT32 and 2 NTFS partition.
My wii is 4.2U. cios 249 v14 and cios 222 v4.
But CFG Loader faild to load and show ALL games in the NTFS partition.
The 3 partitions configure as:
No. FS Pri/Sec Boot Size
1 FAT Primary Active 15G
2 NTFS Primary - 435G
3 NTFS Logical In Secondary 16G

While CFG v49, partition 2 is a FAT32, and then CFG v50, I convert it to NTFS, using
Convert G: /FS:NTFS /X
After that, Partition 2 is NTFS, and each unit has 4096 byte. Then I did the batch command.
CODEfor %%I in ("*.wbfs") do (
ÂÂÂÂecho "Converting :" %%~nI
ÂÂÂÂwbfs_file.exe %%I extract_iso %%~nI G:\WBFS
ÂÂÂÂdel %%I
)
But CFG Loader faild to show games in Partition 2.
Then I try the WBFS folder in partition 3.Partition 3 is already NTFS long ago, and also ,its unit has 4096 byte. But failed again.
Only in the partition 1, the FAT32 one and the *.wbfs can show in the Loader.
Partition 2 and 3 can be recongnized in the Loader when selecting the partition. But only shows "1/0" at the right corner with no games.
All my files are stored as /wbfs/gameid_title.wbfs in FAT32, and /wbfs/gameid_title.iso in NTFS.
So, does anyone knows why?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
kingbrake said:
So, does anyone knows why?
No idea maybe it failed to mount the ntfs partition, but in that case it should print an error.
Maybe some bug in libntfs? Or, why not, a bug in cfg.
I will make a debug version that prints out all files it finds ... to see what's going on.

edit:
http://cfg-loader.googlecode.com/files/cfg50t5-fat.dol
it will print out the files as it searches them and require pressing of button to continue...

brassica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
Can i use usbloaderCFG to load a game from the same SD card where the homebrews are in ?
I have a Wiikey modded Pal console with 4.2E, no USB keys around, and want to test NSMB Wii.
My SD card is a normal one, not SDHC, 2 Gb, and the brand is Transcend or something like that.
I used a windows WBFS manager to create the isos, and now they are on my FAT SD card, and the extension of the converted iso is now .wbfs.

Vattu

Trophies
XP
Country
brassica said:
Can i use usbloaderCFG to load a game from the same SD card where the homebrews are in ?
you SHOULD be able to use SD-card for everything. But I'm not sure you will succeed, since you're so dumb.
wink.gif

I use FAT32-usbdrive for everything (wbfs, homebrew, covers, triiforce...).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_3XC94yzeo