Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Budweiser said:
Is there any way to play this on the usb conf loader ? Bud
To be exact, there is one way. The loader will play the original disc via the boot disc method. As stated earlier by others, there is no way to play it from the drive right now.

QUOTE(Dochog @ Apr 4 2010, 07:17 AM) Update questions.

I am running IOS249 Rev 19. I am not positive but I thought my base IOS was 38. Does it make a difference what the base is??
I have never run any of the hermes IOS therefore I have always just updated CFG with the newest release. Would you update with the v56-222 version if you are only using IOS249?
Should I update from 3.3 to 4.2 on my wii?

Thanks
The base may make a difference, try out some others. I strongly suggest you use 57 as the base and install Hermes' IOS if you want to play a game with USB peripherals. If you have never installed Hermes' IOS, then 56-222 will not work for you under any circumstances.

The problem you are seeing might be compatibility based to your hard drive. Installing and using IOS222 v4 would be a good idea to try if the different bases don't work.

Another thing that can cause the sort of bugs you describe would be turning on the anti-002 fix. Check your games, the option should be off.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
woodoste said:
Hi.
I cannot run Rampage (bonus game) using the disc plus,
it starts only if I choose the M1.dol from disc

This is my wdm file:

Rampage: Total Destrucion
jarvos.dol
Rampage World Tour
main.dol
Rampage
M1.dol

Where am I wrong?

Hmm, just to understand. You know how to use disc+, but if you play M1.dol via disc+ menu, it does what? And if you use regular alt .dol disc, it works? If yes, try 3 and 7 as parameter values. Oh and there's a bug about the very last line when reading .wdm files, i'm 99.9999% sure it's fixed in configurable usb loader, but to be sure, just insert a new line at the end of the file. And if you get it to work with this, please tell exactly what you needed and what not.

smf said:
QUOTE(harmor @ Apr 3 2010, 09:25 PM) No. Currently there is no way to play CSI: Deadly Intent on any USB Loader.
Maybe when/if someone writes a .WDM files (aka Alt Disc plus) CSI: DI will be playable on loaders that incorporate WiiPower's WDM code.

Rumour has it that next Waninkoko CIOS will solve all these problems & WDM will not be required for any game.

He has a cIOS that's IOS Reload resistant already. The problem is that the cIOS in the state directly after the IOS Reload is not ready to read from usb, that's why it currently only works when using discs. But he is working at it and i think he will fix this eventually.

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
smf said:
harmor said:
No. Currently there is no way to play CSI: Deadly Intent on any USB Loader.
Maybe when/if someone writes a .WDM files (aka Alt Disc plus) CSI: DI will be playable on loaders that incorporate WiiPower's WDM code.

Rumour has it that next Waninkoko CIOS will solve all these problems & WDM will not be required for any game.

He has a cIOS that's IOS Reload resistant already. The problem is that the cIOS in the state directly after the IOS Reload is not ready to read from usb, that's why it currently only works when using discs. But he is working at it and i think he will fix this eventually.

In theory could anyone open a game in WiiScrubber to find and change the IOS?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume its been asked and sorry if it has, but rev56 seems to not like when you add a game. I've reverted back to 56b2 and it works fine. I added a few wiiware forwarding isos and rev56 did not see them. I'm using 249rev17, 222/223 rev4 225/rev5. NTFS format. But as I said 56b2 works fine, no complaints.

Schtinky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know there is an easy answer to this and the guide at
Code:
http://gwht.wikidot.com/configurable-options
seems more than adequate to teach anyone how to change the settings for this program but when I try and edit the config.txt to set the parental controls or anything else for that matter I can't seem to manifest any results no matter how I try. Can anyone who has the parental controls set and working please post how they have their config.txt set for me?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Schtinky said:
I know there is an easy answer to this and the guide at
Code:
http://gwht.wikidot.com/configurable-options
seems more than adequate to teach anyone how to change the settings for this program but when I try and edit the config.txt to set the parental controls or anything else for that matter I can't seem to manifest any results no matter how I try. Can anyone who has the parental controls set and working please post how they have their config.txt set for me?
Make sure you are editing the correct config.txt. You can see where config.txt is in the global options screen (it will be in the Cfg Base directory and there may be an additional one listed, in which case you should edit the additional one). Then adding the line "simple=1" to config.txt (or any of the other options) should work to disable most of the functions.

Dochog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like I am going to try Hermes. I erased my wii sports because baseball, training, & fitness test would just hang at a black screen while all the other sports worked. I also had several other games that would not load. They would go through the safety strap screen and then just stay on a black screen. I then installed the game again and this time it just hung on the safety strap screen and won't play at all. I went back to rev 14 and did the same thing. Erased the game and installed again. Same thing. I installed rev 19 again this time base 37 instead of 38. Same thing. Wii sports just hangs on the safety strap screen. Ughhhh!!!!!! Very frustrating when everything worked just fine and now everything is acting up. Running version 56 of cfg usb loader. I can't believe I am the only one that has any issues of games not playing. I will read the hermes tutorial. Can I install online or do I need a file for a wad install?

Dochog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, this is my last post on this subject since i got nothing else to try. I have games that lock up on playing at the safety strap screen. I have games that don't get past the loading... on the cfg loader screen. I have games that work until you try and access certain parts and get a black screen. I have tried different versions of cfg loader, 249 rev and now installed 222 & 223 and nothing changes. Still get the same problems. Ironically, the games that partially worked don't work at all once I remove them & load them again.

There must be some kind of problem with my wii. I didn't notice any problems until I ran rev 19. Now no matter what Ios I change too, the problem does not go away. Any way to clear it all out and start over??? Any suggestions? Any links to other sites or forums? I don't know what else to do (besides getting another wii) thanks

Dochog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dochog said:
Ok, this is my last post on this subject since i got nothing else to try. I have games that lock up on playing at the safety strap screen. I have games that don't get past the loading... on the cfg loader screen. I have games that work until you try and access certain parts and get a black screen. I have tried different versions of cfg loader, 249 rev and now installed 222 & 223 and nothing changes. Still get the same problems. Ironically, the games that partially worked don't work at all once I remove them & load them again.

There must be some kind of problem with my wii. I didn't notice any problems until I ran rev 19. Now no matter what Ios I change too, the problem does not go away. Any way to clear it all out and start over??? Any suggestions? Any links to other sites or forums? I don't know what else to do (besides getting another wii) thanks

Well, It looks like I found the problem. I have been using a WD 500GB passport drive. Its very tiny and has worked great since the day I got it. I also have a 300GB drive that is almost empty. I switched out the drives and reloaded wii sports on it. Works great. Tried to do the same thing again on my regular 500 GB drive and it hangs. Several games do this on this drive. Any suggestions? Can I run some kind of checkdisk on it or defrag? I really don't care to get another drive and reload all my games unless I have to. If I do get a new drive, what is the largest drive supported? I remember a year ago or so, partitions couldn't be more than 500gb. What is the best drive of choice?

Thanks

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Devil May Cry said:
Okay, what the heck does unifont.dat do? Whenever I try to move it to my SD card Windows Explorer crashes.
It contains character data for non-Latin characters, so is only needed if you are using an Asian language or something. It also isn't even loaded unless you enable the load_unifont option.

QUOTE(Dochog @ Apr 4 2010, 06:22 PM) Well, It looks like I found the problem. I have been using a WD 500GB passport drive. Its very tiny and has worked great since the day I got it. I also have a 300GB drive that is almost empty. I switched out the drives and reloaded wii sports on it. Works great. Tried to do the same thing again on my regular 500 GB drive and it hangs. Several games do this on this drive. Any suggestions? Can I run some kind of checkdisk on it or defrag? I really don't care to get another drive and reload all my games unless I have to. If I do get a new drive, what is the largest drive supported? I remember a year ago or so, partitions couldn't be more than 500gb. What is the best drive of choice?

Thanks
If it is formatted as FAT32, then you can defrag. If WBFS, just reformat the drive as FAT32 using this tool. The file size limit for FAT32 is 2TB, so any size should do. If you are buying a new drive, try to get one with a sector size of 512 bytes, as some newer drives are using 1024 or 2048 byte sectors.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
davidw89 said:
OncleJulien said:
davidw89 said:
How do i re-enable the shark warning in start up?
change your system date.
To when? That's pointless the system date will always change id rather not have to change it every day..

Dur.... April 1st, It was an april fools joke after all.

Schtinky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Make sure you are editing the correct config.txt. You can see where config.txt is in the global options screen (it will be in the Cfg Base directory and there may be an additional one listed, in which case you should edit the additional one). Then adding the line "simple=1" to config.txt (or any of the other options) should work to disable most of the functions.

Thanks.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
9th_Sage said:
Heh, maybe there will be a new option:

enable_laser_sharks
If it were possible... Unfortunately, we can't do that for the same reasons as to why we can't make the intro image configurable. I guess we could make it passable via command line argument only, but that would need the forwarder creators to also be on board.

woodoste

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
WiiPower said:
woodoste said:
Hi.
I cannot run Rampage (bonus game) using the disc plus,
it starts only if I choose the M1.dol from disc

This is my wdm file:

Rampage: Total Destrucion
jarvos.dol
Rampage World Tour
main.dol
Rampage
M1.dol

Where am I wrong?

Hmm, just to understand. You know how to use disc+, but if you play M1.dol via disc+ menu, it does what? And if you use regular alt .dol disc, it works? If yes, try 3 and 7 as parameter values. Oh and there's a bug about the very last line when reading .wdm files, i'm 99.9999% sure it's fixed in configurable usb loader, but to be sure, just insert a new line at the end of the file. And if you get it to work with this, please tell exactly what you needed and what not.

Rampage loads fine if I choose M1.dol from disc menu, but it loads Rampage Total Destruction when I choose it from Disc+ menu.
I changed lines (as you suggested me), but nothing
frown.gif

Maybe is a bug of the loader?

Cheers
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Strange. Did you try the different parameters? And could you please try it with NeoGamma? That would help to identify if the disc+ or the loader code is causing the problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2