Hacking Configurable USB Loader

jesquinas

Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to use a hard disk with NTFS format but the games with the same size that they are in a WBFS partition.Is it possible?That would be nice because the compatibility of NTFS format and the small size of the games.

Thanks

r3dcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jesquinas said:
I would like to use a hard disk with NTFS format but the games with the same size that they are in a WBFS partition.Is it possible?That would be nice because the compatibility of NTFS format and the small size of the games.

Configurable USB Loader already supports WBFS (read/write), FAT32 (read/write) and NTFS (read) ... so you can already play scrubbed games from any of these partition/hard drive formats
smile.gif

If you are having difficulty reading the English thread/information here check out the Spanish forum by Lendrich here -> elotrolado.net

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
jesquinas said:

Thanks
Yes. It's also possible with FAT32 format, which is even more compatible than NTFS and you can even install your games from their discs within the loader if you go that route.

dottor_male

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have done the update (automatic, via web and via configurator), but the loader still show v57a and now it boots everytime in list mode, regardless of the gui mode I select with configurator...

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
As the Configurator seems to take a little while to load all the various options and features it needs these days, I am considering adding a splash screen to the launch sequence. Does anyone have any suggestions or wish to submit an image for me to add as a splash?

dottor_male said:
I have done the update (automatic, via web and via configurator), but the loader still show v57a and now it boots everytime in list mode, regardless of the gui mode I select with configurator...
The 57a thing seems to be my fault. The make process didn't set the version number correctly. However, the stub detection features of 57b are intact even if it calls itself 57a.

As for you now being in console mode, that could only happen if you changed your config.txt file. Have you done so? Check the global options page of Cfg to see where your config.txt locations are (one will be in Cfg Base and you might have an additional Config listed too). Check the locations to make sure the config.txt files are the ones you want and delete them if not.

buddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A while ago I believe it was mentioned that there might be version to test disc install with NTFS. Is this still something that might be appearing up at some point?

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
lazyguy said:
i followed the guide on installing Hermes' IOS222/223, but i cant boot MHtri for some reason

Two questions:

1) Did you install v4 of Hermes' cIOS?

2) Did you set into CFG Loader to use 222/223 for MH3?

WAIKIKI728

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WAU...

To get a new splah screen and to download themes automaticly is ...i think...the only things this loader needs at the moment...

I follow and use several loaders and i have to recognize this is the best one..

Every time updating a lot of options and answering "a lot of newbies questions"...

Thanks for your hard work....One aplause from my part....
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

P.D:Sorry my bad English....

dottor_male

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dr. Clipper said:
As for you now being in console mode, that could only happen if you changed your config.txt file. Have you done so? Check the global options page of Cfg to see where your config.txt locations are (one will be in Cfg Base and you might have an additional Config listed too). Check the locations to make sure the config.txt files are the ones you want and delete them if not.

I have one config.txt and one setting.cfg.
The strange thing is that if I press B, the gui goes to flow3d, wich is the mode I selected, but when I boot CFG it is always in console mode. It read the config right, because I selected lock gui to test it and it works.
this is my config.txt
CODEtheme = GreyMatter
device = usb
partition = NTFS1
widescreen = 1
gui = 1
gui_transition = fade
gui_lock = 1
gui_style = coverflow3d
gui_rows = 2
clock_style = 24
write_playlog = 1
profile_names = default
sort = play_count-desc
write_playstats = 1
return_to_channel = DFC3

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
@dottor_male: That config.txt is supposed to start you in conosle mode. gui_lock makes it so that the down button doesn't switch between the different GUI styles. If you want to boot to the gui, you need to change "gui=1" to "gui=start".

jesquinas

Trophies
XP
Country
r3dcat said:
jesquinas said:

Configurable USB Loader already supports WBFS (read/write), FAT32 (read/write) and NTFS (read) ... so you can already play scrubbed games from any of these partition/hard drive formats
smile.gif

If you are having difficulty reading the English thread/information here check out the Spanish forum by Lendrich here -> elotrolado.net

When yo say "NTFS (read)" it means that its not possible copy DVDs games with the CFG USB loader,isn¡it?

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I might download rayman revolution for my ps3