Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
GrEvilKin said:
Gvaz said:
Either way, I'm not sure why you'd want to use IOS58 since the ones you want (with fast usb 2.0 support, high level access to the hardware, etc) are in IOS 222/223/224 anyways.

There's about nothing that doesn't run if you don't just use a custom 222.
To update without having to reinstall cIOS249. 4.2 and I assume all future updates are stubbing it.
Once you have done the update to a particular firmware once, the only thing the discs with the 4.1 or greater update on them are doing is restubbing the IOSes and that's all. Actual new firmware updates are infrequent enough (two or three a year) that it's not much of a problem to reinstall the IOSes afterwards. Once you have run a particular firmware update once, just use StartPatch to block the discs from updating until a new firmware comes out and it has been hacked. Then you can disable the StartPatch block, do the update, reinstall cIOSes, and re-enable the StartPatch block. Doing that once every few months should not be too much of a problem.

If we were to try out IOS58, it would not be be because of this reason.

e2zippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
bnm81002 said:
how about after playing a game to make it go back the to Configurable Loader instead of the Wii system menu?
That's the return_to_channel feature. First, you need to install a forwarder channel, e.g., this one. Then add "return_to_channel = XXXX" to config.txt where XXXX is the 4 character ID of the forwarder channel (DCFG for the one I linked).

Where can i find another forwarder, i can't stand the music when it starts
smile.gif

Besides that, i absolutely love CFG!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
e2zippo said:
Dr. Clipper said:
bnm81002 said:
how about after playing a game to make it go back the to Configurable Loader instead of the Wii system menu?
That's the return_to_channel feature. First, you need to install a forwarder channel, e.g., this one. Then add "return_to_channel = XXXX" to config.txt where XXXX is the 4 character ID of the forwarder channel (DCFG for the one I linked).

Where can i find another forwarder, i can't stand the music when it starts
smile.gif

Besides that, i absolutely love CFG!
There's some here.

Chibicon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How long does it usually take to install a game from the original disc?

I can obtain the ISO in about 3~7 minutes for 4.7 GB disc by downloading it. Would it be faster to do that or is it faster to install it straight to from the disc?

Also, where can I find the #### for the forwarder channel I currently have installed?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Chibicon said:

I can obtain the ISO in about 3~7 minutes for 4.7 GB disc by downloading it. Would it be faster to do that or is it faster to install it straight to from the disc?

Also, where can I find the #### for the forwarder channel I currently have installed?
No clue on the speed issue, I've only ever ripped my discs with Cfg. It does take longer than what you state there, but you have to factor in the time it takes to copy it to your drive too, which I have no clue about as I've never tried it. And by those numbers, you have an Internet download speed of 96-224Mb/s... Seriously? I'm guessing this isn't a connection from your home. A 4.7GB game will take about 10-20 minutes to install from the disc, but smaller games will install very fast (30 seconds for stuff like Wii Play).

As for the forwarder channel, you will likely find info within the file you downloaded. If you don't know where that is any more, then you will need to use Title Lister or Any Title Deleter Mod to look through your installed channels and find the ID by a process of elimination.

Chibicon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Chibicon said:

-I can obtain the ISO in about 3~7 minutes for 4.7 GB disc by downloading it. Would it be faster to do that or is it faster to install it straight to from the disc?

No clue on the speed issue, I've only ever ripped my discs with Cfg. It does take longer than what you state there, but you have to factor in the time it takes to copy it to your drive too, which I have no clue about as I've never tried it. And by those numbers, you have an Internet download speed of 96-224Mb/s... Seriously? I'm guessing this isn't a connection from your home. A 4.7GB game will take about 10-20 minutes to install from the disc, but smaller games will install very fast (30 seconds for stuff like Wii Play).

As for the forwarder channel, you will likely find info within the file you downloaded. If you don't know where that is any more, then you will need to use Title Lister or Any Title Deleter Mod to look through your installed channels and find the ID by a process of elimination.

From home or school.

I have a premium megaupload account. The files are usually split into pieces of around 500 MB. I download each file at around 3-4 MB per second using JDownloader. Where'd you get 96-224 MB from?
Actually, I didn't factor extracting the game from the archive. That usually takes me ~10 minutes depending on the size of the game.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Chibicon said:
I have a premium megaupload account. The files are usually split into pieces of around 500 MB. I download each file at around 3-4 MB per second using JDownloader. Where'd you get 96-224 MB from?
Actually, I didn't factor extracting the game from the archive. That usually takes me ~10 minutes depending on the size of the game.
I didn't get 96-224MB, I got 96-224Mb. Bits and bytes do have differences. 3-4MB/s is 24-32Mb/s, which sounds a little more reasonable. Factoring in the extraction time, I'd say it's about even between the two methods.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Gvaz said:
Anyways, If you're installing to a wbfs drive it will take even less time because of all the useless data it cuts.
Wrong. It cuts the same amount of data on both FAT32 and NTFS as it does on WBFS.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v59b2 (beta)
cfg59b2.dol
cfg59b2-222.dol
lang59b2.zip
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v59b2 (beta)
* dip+frag plugin for cios 249 updated to rev20
* Changed the default value of: disable_dvd_patch = 1
Since now the dvd slot check is handled properly by
all cios the patch is disabled by default
* Enable shadow mload on hermes cios v5.1

D-an-W

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry if this has been asked, BUT...is there a way to get the USB HD to Power Off when closing a game lauched with CUSBL?

I now have it returning to CUSBL using the forwarder so if there is a way to get it to Power Off the USB when closing it, that would work too...

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
D-an-W said:
Sorry if this has been asked, BUT...is there a way to get the USB HD to Power Off when closing a game lauched with CUSBL?

I now have it returning to CUSBL using the forwarder so if there is a way to get it to Power Off the USB when closing it, that would work too...
If you turn off standby mode on the Wii, then your drive may switch off when you switch off the Wii (assuming it's USB powered). The Orange LED mode is not enough, you need to go to the Red LED mode.

D-an-W

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'll give it a shot, thanks Dr C.

We have been trying "We Sing Encore" today and it has some serious lag between the lyrics and video, does this sound like a CUSBL issue?

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I'm using CFG USB Loader for the first time.

1) You can't set an option so ALL games boot up NTSC? Or do you have to select them all individually?
2) I have a PAL Copy of NSMB Wii, and it wont run. I just get a black screen.

sess

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
sonknuck23 said:
So I'm using CFG USB Loader for the first time.

1) You can't set an option so ALL games boot up NTSC? Or do you have to select them all individually?
2) I have a PAL Copy of NSMB Wii, and it wont run. I just get a black screen.

Yeah, there is an option:

3QeXV.jpg

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh I do it by computer? I meant as in like, through the Wii. . .

EDIT: yeah, okay, now I feel like an idiot. This Loader is fucking awesome, haha. Thanks for your help. btw.

Chibicon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I cancel disc install?

Obviously this disc I'm trying to install is scratched beyond repair. Read errors, read errors everywhere!

ETA is at 6 hours now, lol.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Chibicon said:
How do I cancel disc install?

Obviously this disc I'm trying to install is scratched beyond repair. Read errors, read errors everywhere!

ETA is at 6 hours now, lol.
You can't. You will need to switch off the Wii.

Chibicon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see.

Another question... how do I install the same game twice?

I have custom ISOs for New Super Mario Bros Wii and some undubs. I installed my retail version of Arc Rise Fantasia, but I can't install my undub version of it because it says it is already installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Am I stupid for stupid