Hacking Configurable USB Loader

StonedRain

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble getting CFG to work every time. It randomly hangs when I launch a game, and it says this:
Code:
Red Steel 2
[RD2X41] 2.97GB IOS53
[+] Booting Wii game, please wait...

So I have to reboot the Wii, sometimes it works after that.

My Wii was running 4.3E before I softmodded it, then I followed GAF's tutorials to install
- The Homebrew Channel and BootMii
- IOS236
- d2x
- IOS58 to install a forwarder

I'm using IOS249 base 56 and IOS250 base 57.
Whenever I launch CFG it says v70 249.

I noticed that every time it fails, the background music doesn't play in CFG. I've seen that mentioned in various forums but the workarounds (installing IOS 249 and 250) don't seem to work for me!

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I'm a complete noob!!

I seem to be having the same/similar problems.
4.3E, followed GAF's guide.
Running in wbfs directory on a FAT drive.

After trying to load a game, it just hangs on a black screen.
Sometimes it will get to the controller safety screen before freezing.
Once for a soccer game it got to the language and controller config before freezing.

I'd say that something entirely is wrong with my setup, except for the fact that it IS working for one game... sigh... a game we decided to test with to see if the setup was working.
Phineas & Ferb...

Anyways, I'm thinking of partitioning some wbfs space on my drive to see if it works better after that, but can anybody offer any suggestions?
I've tried loading games under 224-mload, and that didn't work either.
P&F runs on IOS 56, and I've tried other games that also run on the same IOS, but they do not work. Some games have the music playing on their info screen, others don't. Neither work.

StonedRain

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Reporting back. Everything is working now.

The source of my woes was a probably a bad imaging of pretty much all the files in transfer.

One game I had to force PAL 60 to work, but everything else is just working fine now.

One annoying thing is that my second wii controller does not seem to work in USB cfg loader (Even when it was configured as player 1).

But I am much much happier now that everything is running. Yay!

StonedRain

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Captain Crounche:
Is it always the same games that work and and the same ones that crash, or does the same game sometimes work and sometimes freeze up?

If it's game dependant:

1) It might be a bad file image
2) Try playing with the video settings. When I tried playing backed up my copy of Punch Out (which was NTSC), it froze up until I changed the video mode to Force PAL 60, even though my wii is theoretically region free.
3) I saw elsewhere that sometimes leftover "._" files left on either the USB or SD (usually by a MAC OS) can cause it to lock up. Check for those too.

Good luck.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone got the URL strings for gametdb to pop in my config.txt? guessing the wiitdb ones wont work anymore due to the name change

thanks

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone got the URL strings for gametdb to pop in my config.txt? guessing the wiitdb ones wont work anymore due to the name change

thanks
The old ones work just fine. However, if you use the configurator.exe in Windows, it will not download the HQ covers for you, because it is outdated.
The in-game downloads work just fine.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hmm hmm.. Somehow the cover download doesn't work for me. Possibly doing something wrong (first time loading the loader in itself).

Basically the Wii starts loading and then a wall of text with an error and reboot in 60 seconds. Any ideas?

Loader ver: 70
CFG base: ntfs:/USB-loader
FS: [ SD: NTFS: ]
IOS 249 (r21007)
Base: IOS56 d2x v7final mload v1.0

gundambot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Configuring parameter "covers_size =" (cover size in 4:3 mode) not working.

When I try to set this value to anything, regardless, the default cover size is always displayed.

I'm trying to resize the cover image in console display to be smaller, so it will fit with the theme.

As seen in these screenshots:

16:9 mode (wcovers_size) is working just fine, the cover shrunk to the size
http://i.imgur.com/RP7IL.png

however in 4:3 mode, the cover is not responding to the parameter
http://i.imgur.com/ozhZN.png

No definitions regarding console/cover are in config.txt or settings.cfg.

Can anyone replicate this bug?

If possible can this be fixed with the next release?

Thanks

*Edit: this is on v70 release.

Batcave Dweller

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just joined this forum so I apologize in advance if this particular issue has been discussed already.

I just started to try out custom themes (from spiffy360) just a week or so after softmodding my Wii to play imports (Xenoblade PAL at the moment). I just can't figure out why widescreen background images appear slightly cropped and the set of 6 icons appear a tad too low (see the first two Zelda themes at spiffy360 for example). I looked at the image sizes...they are all listed at 800x480. Are there certain configurable options I'm supposed to modify so to display widescreen images properly? I tried to set widescreen at auto and 1...no change.

Help me out please?

P.S.: I'm using the latest version of CFG (v70).

galewis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a bit of a puzzle that I'm having trouble solving.

I've had one hacked Wii in the house for a couple of years. Recently I decided to put a second hacked Wii upstairs in my boys' room. Both Wiis are running the latest Hombrew Channel and have IOS236 trucha installed. Although not identical, the hacking process I used on the two Wiis was very similar. The newer Wii is still on 4.2U; the older Wii has been updated to the latest firmware and is running the updated Wii Shop Channel. Both are running the most recent version of Configurable USB Loader, and both CFG USB Loader configurations are using IOS248.

The USB drive on Wii #1 is a Seagate FreeAgent Go 320 GB USB. Although the USB drive on Wii #2 is newer, it's also a Seagate FreeAgent Go 320 GB USB. Both drives are WBFS formatted.

Since I had a lot of games on the USB drive plugged in to Wii #1, I copied the contents of that USB drive to the new one using Wii Game Manager. No errors were reported during that process. After installing CFG USB Loader on the new Wii, I copied the meta.xml, config.txt and settings.cfg file from the #1 Wii's SD card to the appropriate folder on the #2 Wii's SD card. I have parental controls enabled (you know: enter the Admin Unlock Code, BUDAH12) on both Wiis so that my boys don't screw somthing up by accident.

When I boot Wii #2, all of the games' covers are blank. Bringing up Info for any game reports block sizes of zero. Trying to launch a game locks up the Wii. If I turn off parental controls, all the covers appear and I can play everything just fine.

(It may be helpful to note that before I had the parental controls enabled, I noticed that attempting to update covers resulted in an error, something like "invalid game title.")

Under Updates I've tried updating the WiiTDB Game Database, titles.txt, and the CFG USB Loader itself. When I reboot and the parental controls once more engage, the same problems crop up: blank covers, and the games won't launch. It's not until I enter the Admin Unlock Code that everything works as it should.

Any suggestions on helping me figure this one out? I'm stumped.

galewis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a bit of a puzzle that I'm having trouble solving.
I figured it out -- I think Wii Game Manager caused some kind of a problem. Or maybe I forgot to format the new drive correctly when I first set it up? Anyway, tonight I used WBFS Manager to reformat the drive and recopy everything from the old drive to the new one. Everything's working now.

painless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to have a really cool black channel forwarder wad for this. When you clicked on it it would play this really killer techno music.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a game called "Offshore Tycoon - NTSC US" which I could not run in any USB loader so far. I get black screen after loading despite patching and changing settings.
Not that I like it or anything but just wanna know if anybody had same issue as well.

seen as though its not loader specific as your posting this in multple threads, have you tried a different base cIOS (56,57 etc...) or concidered it a bad dump?

these days most games do not need patching(ISO im guesing your doing)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I have a game called "Offshore Tycoon - NTSC US" which I could not run in any USB loader so far. I get black screen after loading despite patching and changing settings.
Not that I like it or anything but just wanna know if anybody had same issue as well.

seen as though its not loader specific as your posting this in multple threads, have you tried a different base cIOS (56,57 etc...) or concidered it a bad dump?

these days most games do not need patching(ISO im guesing your doing)

I know, I just found out that the file is corrupted.
10x

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Here a quick Q for you, if i have 2 partitions that are FAT32 can i tell CFG where to load its covers and what not from are is it only confined to the first active partition?

DISK1
Partition1 = 16GB Primary 32KB, Active used for NEEK2O
Partition2 = 976GB Primary 64KB used for Games, Covers, USB Loader content

I want to load all USB Loader content form the 2nd partition, CFG only recognises USB/SD as locations or am i wrong and can it also use FAT1, FAT2 etc.. I cant test this at the mo as im not home and its been bugging me TBH

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Here a quick Q for you, if i have 2 partitions that are FAT32 can i tell CFG where to load its covers and what not from are is it only confined to the first active partition?

DISK1
Partition1 = 16GB Primary 32KB, Active used for NEEK2O
Partition2 = 976GB Primary 64KB used for Games, Covers, USB Loader content

I want to load all USB Loader content form the 2nd partition, CFG only recognises USB/SD as locations or am i wrong and can it also use FAT1, FAT2 etc.. I cant test this at the mo as im not home and its been bugging me TBH
You can add this to config.txt
Code:
partition=FAT2
Why don't you just make one FAT32 partition (32KB) and run everything off that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/ICjgg5eEFSw?si=qyxHdElodJEeR3aS