Yumi

With Love<3
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Mexico
I really doubt any of this to happen. Like i've stated, the people in the u.s. would not allow this. I mean come on! wheres the revolution at?
huh.gif

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Escapa said:
I really doubt any of this to happen. Like i've stated, the people in the u.s. would not allow this. I mean come on! wheres the revolution at?
huh.gif

Lady Escapa has a point here.. (You don't mind me including a bit of formality do you?)

We people of the US thrive on this stuff, and as a result this law they are trying to pass has almost no hope. I mean honestly, Youtube would cease to exist if it got passed....wouldn't go over well now would it eh?

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nimbus said:
Whoever or whatever thought of this needs to go jump off a fucking cliff into a boiling lake of acid, lava, or maybe a pit of rabid bloodthirsty hyenas.

Fuck the MPAA, Fuck the RIAA, Fuck Sony Music, Fuck anyone that supports them. They can all go burn and rot slowly and painfully in the abyssal flames of hell.

Oh I can't use Sinful Rose "from Disgaea 2 Arranged Album btw) anymore on an unrelated video game video anymore, fuck I can't post video game videos anymore according to this proposed law. I think my anger and rage just hit a new all time high.

Guarantee the EFF, FSF and other pro-consumer-rights groups will fight this every step of the way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnLB8wysMbY

Fly on, comrades

Eckin

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First: this thing is too strict to pass

Second: If I can't watch my favorite fighting games tournaments anymore, I swear to God Allah I'm going to bomb some shit

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Celice said:
Nimbus said:
Whoever or whatever thought of this needs to go jump off a fucking cliff into a boiling lake of acid, lava, or maybe a pit of rabid bloodthirsty hyenas.

Fuck the MPAA, Fuck the RIAA, Fuck Sony Music, Fuck anyone that supports them. They can all go burn and rot slowly and painfully in the abyssal flames of hell.

Oh I can't use Sinful Rose "from Disgaea 2 Arranged Album btw) anymore on an unrelated video game video anymore, fuck I can't post video game videos anymore according to this proposed law. I think my anger and rage just hit a new all time high.

Guarantee the EFF, FSF and other pro-consumer-rights groups will fight this every step of the way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnLB8wysMbY

Fly on, comrades

My new theme song! So EPIC!

Rockym

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nimbus said:

Seriously, this. If anything they need to lighten up these copyright laws. It's really ridiculous. As an example, I have all five seasons of an old TV show called "The Odd Couple" on DVD. They edited things in a lot of the episodes like one of the characters, Felix, singing of opera songs due to not "obtaining rights".
These laws are also affecting games like Earthbound being released on the Wii VC.

I wish our government would just tell the RIAA to f*** off and stop being so damned greedy.

Beige

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Escapa said:
huh.gif

Last I checked, a judge passed a temporary sentence that prevented Geohot from talking about the PS3 until that whole case was resolved. This being in the US. Now, what's wrong with that statement? Hopefully at least enough congresspeople are smart enough to say "What the hell is this, GTFO"

For those of you who may not know:
The Constitution, aka the Document that holds the highest in Legal standing here in the US, has a number of amendments. The first being a right to free speech, basically talk about whatever you want and people can't incarcerate you if they don't like what they hear.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'd strongly suggest running away from the U.S, it's slowly turning into another U.S-SR (See what I did there?).

Seriously, your land of freedom starts to be more restrictive than a randomly-picked European country.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember the ACTA? Remember how it didn't pass for the same reason this won't?
rolleyes.gif

Seriously, although I DO think the corporations behind this are paranoid ****-sucking robots, not a chance in hell ANY politician or member of congress will let it pass. Think about it, if it is, the names of who voted in favor of it: LEAKED. Also, this bill will/has gain/ed tremendous amounts of hatred thanks to DemandProgress, EFF, and the likes. But if worse comes to worse, I know what I'll do.

OFF-TOPIC:

Why so many threads about this recently?

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thesolcity said:
Remember the ACTA? Remember how it didn't pass for the same reason this won't?
rolleyes.gif

Seriously, although I DO think the corporations behind this are paranoid ****-sucking robots, not a chance in hell ANY politician or member of congress will let it pass. Think about it, if it is, the names of who voted in favor of it: LEAKED. Also, this bill will/has gain/ed tremendous amounts of hatred thanks to DemandProgress, EFF, and the likes. But if worse comes to worse, I know what I'll do.

OFF-TOPIC:

Why so many threads about this recently?

I think we all have the same thoughts on this matter.

Lets see, here's a list of some of the services that might be crippled by this

Youtube
Any other Video Sharing Website
Any legitimate streaming website that happens to get one little video uploaded that is copyrighted.

Yeah....you know what. *Busts out Rocket Lawnchair*

Copyright law has failed us all, we need to rewrite it to protect only the consumer, and to make sure that big bussineses and corporations and whatnot like the MPAA and RIAA have no control, say, or influence whatsoever over any aspect of it anymore. It's original intention was to protect both parties from what I can understand, but bussinesses have paid money and all sorts of corrupted deeds to have it only protect them, and not the customer. This must change if technology and the internet are to continue evolving as they are now, times are changing, and if the RIAA and MPAA can't get that through their thick skulls, then we'll have to make them.

Besides, we again have plenty of parties that will combat this every step of the way.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
congress is getting dick from the MPAA and those slithery lobbyists...

HUMPH. just for the U.S right???

arn't we the DEMOCRATIC country with the MOST freedoms?!...giving popular sovereignty to the citizens of society!?

not to a bunch of up right evil tyrannical leaders who say what goes??

by god i'm really mad about this I feel like tearing shit up duke nukem style..or something

[speaking for myself] if I had the opportunity to leave the USA..I would..

In a century from now...I'm going to tell my kids..."see!..that's "The empire of Britannia" to the West...years ago..it used to actually be a free country..that was based on the foundations of freedoms and civil rights..now every person there has a chip in their body and is tracked by their oppressive government.. [/speaking for myself]

I hope anonymous gets these bastards attention..they need to stop stealing "sensitive" info and actually fight the "power"

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fear Zoa said:
wouldn't this destroy pandora and last f.m.?
I think that Pandora has bought licences to play the songs, as they all come from the Pandora servers. However, I'm not too sure about last fm...

My opinion of this? It won't pass. Easily won't pass. It's like trying to pass a bill where you can't watch your friend play Halo for more then 10 minutes or something. Really, this bill is a bunch of shit.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
easily won't pass??...

thats what we said about the "internet kill switch bill" that gives Mr. Barack Hussein Obama the power to turn off the internet in a time of "crisis"...or when the media says their is a "crisis"

as in the words of Jesse Ventura

" I love my Country. Not my [fucking] government"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw gonna wash my face in a bit, my eyes feel tired
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and you convince your owner to help you break out of the virtual world to real world
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Eyes - "yawn"
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you bleack in to goverment computer systems to get cyborg schematics so you can get a robot body constructed
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw @BigOnYa the health bar doesnt decrease when i take damage (and yes i put the "at the beggining of the scene change value of greenflatbar: set to Protagonistcopmode.Health::Health())
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    i the protagonist
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human, robot, cyborg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human with cyborg enhancements
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or like terminatior
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    with living tissue
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty there is health behaviour you can add to your character, then to use a health bar is lil more complicated, google n watch a few tutorial video on it, be too hard to explain here.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the character has the health behavior
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I know you have to create a health and health max variable. Then there is a calculation you use in code to subtract width size of the health bar. Google few vids.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the "greenflatbar" is one of the preset health bars btw
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you can use any bar/sprite. It will just change the width. Ok good luck and have fun. I'm off to go shoot some pool at the bar. Talk to you later.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why does the health behavior exist if you can just use a variable?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and nope the number still doesnt change
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok im gonna make my own asset
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm i think i fixed it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I fixed it
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    how are you\
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: