I R Expert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Introduction
Theme Hospital was originally released by Bullfrog in 1997. CorsixTH is an open source clone of the original game with the aim of being able to run on more platforms as well as correcting some bugs and adding new enhancements/features. Now it runs on the wii too!

Game Setup
CorsixTH requires the resource files from the original Theme Hospital game. If you don't have a copy of the original game you can get the demo version (available here) although it only has one level and is missing several features. Copy the HOSP folder from the original disc to somewhere on your SD/USB drive. When you start CorsixTH for the first time it should show a folder browser for you to locate this folder. It should then restart and go to the main menu.

Downloads
Game files (extract to /apps directory, launch from HBC): http://www.tueidj.net/CorsixTH-wii.zip
Source Code (including SDL and LUA libraries): http://www.tueidj.net/CorsixTH-wii-src.zip

Music
The original Theme Hospital used midi music, and CorsixTH can play these files. However since the wii has no midi hardware you will need timidity-compatible instrument patch files such as those found at the Freepats project. Once you have a patch set copy the .cfg file you wish to use to "/etc/timidity/timidity.cfg" on your SD/USB drive and put the patch files in "/usr/local/lib/timidity". If possible try and use a smaller patch set which uses substitute instruments, since there's not a lot of memory available (for example if using the freepats set use crude.cfg instead of the default freepats.cfg).

Bugs
The CorsixTH project is still a work a progress, and there are bugs. Most of the time you'll get an error on-screen asking if you wish to attempt to continue - it's not really a good idea since you'll end up with patients and/or staff stuck in doorways or trying to perform other actions. The best thing to do at that point is to load the autosave file and hope it doesn't happen again.

Controls
If you want to play the game like the original PC version you can connect a USB mouse and keyboard. Otherwise you can use the wiimote on its own, wiimote+nunchuk or classic controller.
Wiimote Pointer/Nunchuk stick/Classic left stick - Move mouse cursor
Wiimote A/Classic b - Left click
Wiimote B/Classic a - Right click
DPAD - Scroll screen
Plus - Pause
Minus - Escape (clear topmost dialog)

Video Demo
[yt]hlXzQQsVkZA[/yt]

Credits
The original CorsixTH project page can be found here.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
You absoloute LEGEND you dude.
Absoloutly loving the look of this, been thinking about a port of this ever since getting a wii years ago, so happy someone finally done one.

I will waste frickin hours on this. So much for all the wii games I've gotta play through.

I'll fire this up as soon as I get home from work tonight at 7pm

tueidj

I R Expert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The damn toilets near the end were the real problem
tongue.gif

The radiators can be a bit tricky since with the way they're currently implemented they take up the whole square rather than letting people walk past them, and the game won't let you place any items that would block off empty space. That's why when I built the GP's office I put the radiator in the corner first (to occupy the empty square) so I could put the filing cabinet on the square in front.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ported to Wii? Wow
I own a original copy of this for the PC.
Absolutely love it! I remember the days, I spent all day playing it on "EASY" over and over again
tongue.gif

Sometimes picked bad doctors, nurses and Handy Mans on purpose just for the lulz.

yyhung317

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
there is another problem which i found out that the nurse when they become tired and go to staff room to recover, their tiredness wont decrease back to normal so can u fix that problem ??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1