Hacking Could the In game lag be fixed in a firmware update?

Swip

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Could the In game lag be fixed in a firmware update? Or is it to do with hardware?

I don't really experience lag in game but castlevania intro does lag. But on the same memory card it didn't lag on my DSTT

Its doesn't get slowed down its just jerky.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Which cart are you using? RPG or AK2? What memory card? What games are giving you issue? I own both carts and have yet to experience any in-game lag. I have had some roms fail to boot, patching features needing to be disabled, saves not working but never "in-game lag."
BTW all the issues I have had were resolved thru setting changes or an upgrade in the firmware.

Swip

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Whoops, i forgot to say that. Im using the AK2, Toshiba CO2G Japan which is exactly like the kingston except re badged. The castlevania DoS intro lags alot.

Phil :: CSF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try formatting your memory card in FAT using a 64k allocation size and see if that helps at all.

Type 'diskmgmt.msc' into the Run dialog, right click the memory card and select 'Format'... you should be able to set allocation sizes.

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Swip said:
Whoops, i forgot to say that. Im using the AK2, Toshiba CO2G Japan which is exactly like the kingston except re badged. The castlevania DoS intro lags alot.

they are claiming there are NO slowdown on whatever card is used. how come yours is lagging?

Swip

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i haven't experienced any slow down its just the castlevania intro stutters. And im just wondering if its something to do with the firmware or hardware.

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the AK2 has an SDLIST.INI file like the RPG does, you might try seeing if you can lower the number it auto-detected for your microSD card. My card seems to be detected slower than it should be sometimes, but I can set the speed to 2048 and that works fine. However, I do still experience lag sometimes when a lot of data is being read from the card (usually during intros or just before a game starts) in games like Metroid Prime Pinball or Meteos. I experience lag in the same places on my CycloDS Evolution (though maybe slightly less) and even on my G6 Lite, so I don't think it's anything to do with the Acekard.

...word is bondage...

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
well seeing as the hardware in most ds flashcarts are "mostly" the same i'd have to say its the software (patching code), although it could have something to do with the hardware being slower than other carts although to be honest i dont know much about the hardware specs.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Team AK are really the only people that can answer your question. Its hard for me to jump to the conclusion that issue is with the AK2 since there is atleast one other factor involved, memory card speed. Have you tried running DoS from a different memory card? The intro plays fine from my AData 4GB.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gratefulbuddy said:
Urza said:
gratefulbuddy said:
The intro plays fine from my AData 4GB.
Because its a class 6 card.
That was my point. I thought everyone would understand but thanks, Urza, for further clarifying for those with less common sense. (I don't do smileys, but if I did it would go here.)
Then why did you bother saying it?

We all know it runs fine from class 6 cards.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
gratefulbuddy said:
Urza said:
gratefulbuddy said:
The intro plays fine from my AData 4GB.
Because its a class 6 card.
That was my point. I thought everyone would understand but thanks, Urza, for further clarifying for those with less common sense. (I don't do smileys, but if I did it would go here.)
Then why did you bother saying it?

We all know it runs fine from class 6 cards.

The point is: I think if it were a problem with the cart the intro would not play smooth on any memory card, regardless of speed. And whether its a software problem or a hardware problem it can be overcome/compensated for by using a high speed memory card.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gratefulbuddy said:
The point is: I think if it were a problem with the cart the intro would not play smooth on any memory card, regardless of speed. And whether its a software problem or a hardware problem it can be overcome/compensated for by using a high speed memory card.
It obviously is a problem with the cart since it doesn't occur on all other carts
lecture.gif

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Part of the most recent firmware update for G6/M3R addresses the same issue we are talking about. If they could fix it for their carts thru a firmware update , maybe it is possible for AK to do the same.
But I still say, just use a high speed memory card and don't worry about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right... +1