Hacking Could there be a Wii 3.5 Firmware Update?

Don Killah

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Check what i've just found on a french website, a few seconds ago:

QUOTE said:
Changelog :

What's Next: Wii 3.5 Firmware Update
We've been on the Wii 3.4 firmware update for some time now and it's getting pretty old. The point of the 3.4 update was to attempt to stop the whole Homebrew thing. Obviously it did not do its job. So now I've been wondering what is the next firmware update going to do for the Wii.

Nintendo has the opportunity to make the best firmware update on the right now. Multiple hardcore games are coming to the Wii this year, who knows what they could do for these hardcore games. What I think Nintendo should do with the 3.5 update is:

1.) Try to make Nintendo Wifi Connection a lot better.

The Wii is a community console but their online service is not community friendly. Nintendo Wifi Connection is more like something you do when you are completely alone, rather than with friends. Voice chat is finally on the Wii, but the only way you can chat with people is if you have their friend code and only in the Wii Speak Channel. If the 3.5 update were to enable players to use the Wii Speak Channel in the background, then players will finally have the voice chat they wanted. Here's what I mean by this. You press the home button and in the home menu you'll see "Wii Menu," "Reset," and then "Wii Speak." When you click on Wii Speak button, you can see what games your friends are playing, send invites to them and so on. Choose who you want to talk to (If Nintendo were to like this idea, friend codes will have to be used) and close the Home button menu and begin playing the game. You can talk while playing the game.

2.) Add achievements to the interface.

If they were to add achievements to the game similar to Super Smash Bros. Brawl's challenges then the Wii would have the best challenges. You would actually get real awards for your completed arduous tasks just like in Smash Bros. Brawl. But instead of getting points are pointless trophies, you'd get a real prize, you could get Wii points (rare) or get stickers to decorate your Wii Menu.

3.) Make SD Card support better.

Not having the ability to play Virtual Console and Wii Ware games off your SD card is just flat out ludicrous. The same goes with downloadable content for games. Enough said! Fix it Nintendo, fix it!

4.) Add Daily Updates to the Nintendo Channel and a New Channel

There are so many games missing on the Nintendo Channel, also the resolution could be a lot better as well. A new channel could be fun.

5.) Chat for Mario Kart Wii

Mario Kart Wii, still has the best online for the Wii, so adding voice chat to the online service would make it so much better.

HEAVY FIRE ZONE:
What will we end up getting? Knowing Nintendo and their tendencies to ignore what the gamers have to say, we'll probably get yet another pointless update that tries to put an end to the Homebrew Channel. Honestly Homebrew is showing Nintendo how to do proper SD Card support, will they catch on, probably not. I thought I'd take a break from talking about the Wii's hardcore games for this year and talk a little more about the interface of the Wii.

Source - http://sendoworld.kazeo.com/

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
This is just what someone thinks Nintendo should do with their next update, there's no actual info about a 3.5 update.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't like to be disappointed like this!

After seeing the topic, i thought nintendo finally released a new update to block this stupid "Oh, i messed someting up, so: update to 3.4, downgrade to 3.2 and then start all over again". Some people here in the forum really need to be prepared for a new update, and i'm not talking about so called noobs.

Don Killah

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Well, i was parsing all the legit nintendo news from several sites and it seems that there's no talk about that upgrade.
Very odd, because the site i was quoting is kinda trustfull. My bad if it's wrong.

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
facepalm.jpg

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
NO, this is just a want list:

QUOTE said:

Not having the ability to play Virtual Console and Wii Ware games off your SD card is just flat out ludicrous. The same goes with downloadable content for games. Enough said! Fix it Nintendo, fix it!
See?

A mod change the topic title to [Want List] Wii Firmware 3.5 (or so)

Nathan-NL

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don Killah said:

QUOTE said:

I think I saw some article about that.. (Nintendo was working on it or something similar)

games2007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you're saying is very possible. Nintendo could have been saving their ideas until now.
With Wii Speak running in the background, imagine going to a brawl chatroom, exchanging both a friend code AND a wii speak code, then going online to pwn your friend in the middle of a brawl. The Wii Speak in the background could lower the volume of the game and keep the wii speak volume high. They could even come out with a Wii Speak headset that could let you hear your friends over wii speak through the headset and change the volume of your TV for hearing the actual game.

Posts merged

NavadeHo said:
Don Killah said:

QUOTE said:

I think I saw some article about that.. (Nintendo was working on it or something similar)

This HAS been confirmed by Nintendo and is scheduled to launch in Spring 2009.

Nathan-NL

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
^ Thanks for the information, games2007
smile.gif

Edit: It could be very plausible if Nintendo is now going to bring us some update with great new features AND that blocks out all unauthorized stuff
ohmy.gif

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
games2007 said:
What you're saying is very possible. Nintendo could have been saving their ideas until now.
With Wii Speak running in the background, imagine going to a brawl chatroom, exchanging both a friend code AND a wii speak code, then going online to pwn your friend in the middle of a brawl. The Wii Speak in the background could lower the volume of the game and keep the wii speak volume high. They could even come out with a Wii Speak headset that could let you hear your friends over wii speak through the headset and change the volume of your TV for hearing the actual game.
And how should the Wii manage this when it can only run one executable (so only one Program) at a time?
The same questions for this pointQUOTEHere's what I mean by this. You press the home button and in the home menu you'll see "Wii Menu," "Reset," and then "Wii Speak." When you click on Wii Speak button, you can see what games your friends are playing, send invites to them and so on. Choose who you want to talk to (If Nintendo were to like this idea, friend codes will have to be used) and close the Home button menu and begin playing the game. You can talk while playing the game.
The Home-Button menu is programmed into the game itself (you can see this as Homebrew apps don't have it and it looks little different in some games), nintendo can't change this menu in the games.

games2007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mousex said:
games2007 said:
And how should the Wii manage this when it can only run one executable (so only one Program) at a time?
The same questions for this pointQUOTEHere's what I mean by this. You press the home button and in the home menu you'll see "Wii Menu," "Reset," and then "Wii Speak." When you click on Wii Speak button, you can see what games your friends are playing, send invites to them and so on. Choose who you want to talk to (If Nintendo were to like this idea, friend codes will have to be used) and close the Home button menu and begin playing the game. You can talk while playing the game.
The Home-Button menu is programmed into the game itself (you can see this as Homebrew apps don't have it and it looks little different in some games), nintendo can't change this menu in the games.

Well, Animal Crossing has built-in Wii Speak, so maybe Nintendo won't approach their older games again to add Wii Speak, but they will definitely be making more games for it. It'd be a damn waste of making people pay $30 for a Wii Speak Microphone that only works for one game.
Thank you for informing me about the Wii Menu thing. I didn't think the Home-Button Menu was programmed into the game. But then, I see how it would be. It would have to be because you can't return to the Wii Menu during Wifi, which means it has to be...
I didn't think of that.
Sorry =3

Well, let's just hope for some new Wii Speak games and wait for the better SD support. There will probably be take advantage of that with homebrew.
Nintendo will have a way to make sure that the game put on your SD card is synced with your Wii's information, so that it can only be accessed with your wii, to prevent Virtual Console pirating. There could be a program that can find that identification code and put it into a downloaded Virtual Console game (from a pirating site) and be accessed with your Wii.

But anyway...
We don't know what Nintendo is really planning, except for their new SD solution that can play games from your SD card, but are locked to the Wii in which they were copied from.

So, all we can do is wait.
These are just my ideas, and are confirmed, except for the SD solution which has been confirmed by Nintendo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==