Hacking Couple of 3DS flashcard questions

jakejm79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have read the stickies and searched a little but I still have a few questions.
My sons birthday is coming up and I was thinking of getting him a flashcart for the 3DS he got at Christmas.
I understand there are a few options, do any/all of them allow for playing of 3DS backups or is it only DSi backups?
Does anyone recommend one over the other? It only needs to be used for playing DSi/3DS games nothing else.
Also if someone could recommend a reliable place to purchase them from in the USA that would be great.

TIA

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
First off, nothing can play 3DS back ups. Only one cart can run in DSi mode. You'll be looking at a DS mode flash cart. If you want tons of functionality and emulators, go with the Supercard DSTwo. If you want something a little more simple that can still run all the games your son may want to play, check out the Acekard2i. Just a note, you may want to order them preflashed if the service is available for the latest 3DS firmware (Which I feel it is safe to assume your son's 3DS has).

www.realhotstuff.com and www.nds-gear.com are the only two US based stores that I'm aware of. Both are reliable as can be.

jakejm79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, that is what I thought, I was just confused since several cards are advertised has 3DS compatible but didn't specify what types of roms could be played.
Not sure what firmware my son's 3DS is running, it was purchased back in March and hasn't been connected to the web ever and only had one game (Rayman 3D) run on it. But either way my other son got the hand-me-down DSlite (actually still running an original R4DS) so from what I have read I can always use that for updates.
Thank you for the recommendations, I will check out both those stores. Looks like I am looking at either the Acekard2i or waiting it out a few more months to see if someone releases one that can play 3DS games.

kotaro_14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakejm79 said:
OK, that is what I thought, I was just confused since several cards are advertised has 3DS compatible but didn't specify what types of roms could be played.
Not sure what firmware my son's 3DS is running, it was purchased back in March and hasn't been connected to the web ever and only had one game (Rayman 3D) run on it. But either way my other son got the hand-me-down DSlite (actually still running an original R4DS) so from what I have read I can always use that for updates.
Thank you for the recommendations, I will check out both those stores. Looks like I am looking at either the Acekard2i or waiting it out a few more months to see if someone releases one that can play 3DS games.

Well both the AceKard 2i and the Supercard DSTWO can run on the latest DSi and 3DS firmwares so it's not a problem. But you will have to update the Supercard DSTWO by yourself preferrably using a regular or DSlite. I would choose Supercard DSTWO over Acekard 2i though, many more functions go to their website: Supercard DSTWO and check them out ! Also, use Shoptemp to search for the best prices and preferably order from the US, UK, or Canadian stores.

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jakejm79 said:
When they say "Compatible with 3DS" they mean that they can play DS-mode games on it through a flashcart, it does NOT mean that they can play 3DS-mode games (yet). Look a little further into what they mean, as at this stage, there is NOT a 3DS-mode-compatible flashcart. The most we can do is dump ROMs, and even that needs the right equipment.

Alex Salto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kotaro_14 said:
Well both the AceKard 2i and the Supercard DSTWO can run on the latest DSi and 3DS firmwares so it's not a problem. But you will have to update the Supercard DSTWO by yourself preferrably using a regular or DSlite. I would choose Supercard DSTWO over Acekard 2i though, many more functions go to their website: Supercard DSTWO and check them out ! Also, use Shoptemp to search for the best prices and preferably order from the US, UK, or Canadian stores.

As far as i know acekard can not work on DSi V1.43 ,but yes ,both ak2i and DStwo can run on 3DS V2.1.0-3, and you need to use a DS or DSi to uodate the card before update your 3DS.

To jakejm79: IMO , you don't need to wait until the real 3DS flashcard comes out, because no one knows when it will release,you can buy a DSTwo or Acekard 2i now, then when the real 3DS card comes, you can just update your DSTwo or Ak2i then. And DStwo will be a nice present for your son
rolleyes.gif
i got my DStwo from here: http://www.digitopz.com/supercard-dstwo-fo...l-dsi-p-37.html until now , it works great, and from the package,it is a Hongkong based company, but i received it in time and safe, there are many other sites also sell them in shoptemp,just choose a best one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sheesh lulz