Homebrew Cover Collections - part 2

gonefishing1975

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what magic number are you using for snes?

Hey in 5.4.1 534e4553

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Some box covers when I press button 1 or 2 on the Wiimote using horizontal covers display in vertical format other on horizontal format. Most are vertical even though i used the horizontal covers

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you're on 5.4.1 and used that magic number for SNES, you should see horizontal covers by default.
In your platform.ini you should have
534e4553=SUPERNES
and
SUPERNES=snescart_box
Some box covers when I press button 1 or 2 on the Wiimote using horizontal covers display in vertical format other on horizontal format. Most are vertical even though i used the horizontal covers
Maybe you mixed the vertical and horizontal sets? Check your snes coverfolder and remove any vertical folder you should find.
Clear your cache folder. Go to wiiflow/cache ---> snes coverfolder. Remove all .wfc files inside of it.

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,

gonefishing1975

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you're on 5.4.1 and used that magic number for SNES, you should see horizontal covers by default.
534e4553=SUPERNES
and
SUPERNES=snescart_box

Maybe you mixed the vertical and horizontal sets? Check your snes coverfolder and remove any vertical folder you should find.
Clear your cache folder. Go to wiiflow/cache ---> snes coverfolder. Remove all .wfc files inside of it.

K I was only deleting the snes in the list folder in cache

I will delete and test it out

Thanks

gonefishing1975

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
534e4553=SUPERNES
and
SUPERNES=snescart_box

Hey

It works now just have to find the missing covers

Thanks

Last edited by gonefishing1975,

gonefishing1975

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do the GB, GBC and GBA covers go into boxcovers or covers? I can get all other covers to display but not any of the 3 game boy systems. I checked all the plugins and locations, magic numbers etc I don't know why they wont display

Thanks

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know why it's not working for you. It's the same exact process you did for snes. Covers in boxcovers.
Are you using the cover packs from this thread?

gonefishing1975

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know why it's not working for you. It's the same exact process you did for snes. Covers in boxcovers.
Are you using the cover packs from this thread?

Yup pack from this thread for all 3 gameboys systems. My roms load but the covers don't display. I checked the magic numbers they match the plugins. Should they be in covers or boxcovers?

I have three folders in boxcovers GB, GBA and GBC then all covers are renamed .gb.png or .gba.png or .gbc.png

biggzsizzle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going by No-Intro's "NEC - PC Engine - TurboGrafx 16.zip" there's quite a few missing from PC Engine pack up there...
Capture.png

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Going by No-Intro's "NEC - PC Engine - TurboGrafx 16.zip" there's quite a few missing from PC Engine pack up there...
Capture.png
PCE covers are named with the original japanese titles. Your list has the Turbografx 16 roms (USA), they're the same games but many titles were changed for the US market. This set is for the PC Engine (Jap) not for the TG16.
Yes, I may have skipped a few obscure games, but all major games are there for sure!
You will have to use a Japanese romset, if you don't want to rename every rom.
e.g.
Dragon's Curse (TG16) is Adventure Island (Pc Engine)
Bonk's Adventure (TG16) is PC Genjin (PC Engine)

Edit: or you could use the TG16 / TG16 custom sets from the other thread

Reactions: biggzsizzle

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Tetsuo Shima Thank you so much for putting these back up.
We all invested a lot of time and work on these covers and I would hate to see them get lost.
Sadly my Wii's HDD went out years ago and I failed to have a back-up of everything so I quit using my Wii altogether.
However, I've been recently working on getting it back together after all this time and needed these covers back and couldn't find them anywhere else until I saw your link. Again, Thank You.

TRATxSTARS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks for re-uploading these, is there a template for any of these covers?

I have found a link where someone has done a lot of work and achieved a complete set of GBC and GB covers with spines, however they are of different dimensions, maybe someone can figure out a batch processing method to get them to the correct dimensions.
While they don't have the back, they would be a great starting point, and at least cover all the missing ones regardless!

I can't post a direct link as I'm a new member, but they're on the hyperspin-fe website

Nintendo Game Boy - 2D Boxes [HQ Hi Res] - Complete 1.0.0
Nintendo Game Boy Color - 2D Boxes [HQ Hi Res] - Complete 1.0.0

TRATxSTARS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Here's a Heart of Darkness cover I have edited, based on the one in the first post. The back cover is in English.
Sorry for the double post
Heart of Darkness.game.png

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for re-uploading these, is there a template for any of these covers?

I have found a link where someone has done a lot of work and achieved a complete set of GBC and GB covers with spines, however they are of different dimensions, maybe someone can figure out a batch processing method to get them to the correct dimensions.
While they don't have the back, they would be a great starting point, and at least cover all the missing ones regardless!

I can't post a direct link as I'm a new member, but they're on the hyperspin-fe website

Nintendo Game Boy - 2D Boxes [HQ Hi Res] - Complete 1.0.0
Nintendo Game Boy Color - 2D Boxes [HQ Hi Res] - Complete 1.0.0
GB/GBC covers are very easy to do because, unlike many others, you don't need to shrink the spines to use it on Wiiflow.

Front / back size is 514x458 px
The spine is 62x458 px
(full cover size is 1090x458)
Here's a Heart of Darkness cover I have edited, based on the one in the first post. The back cover is in English.
Sorry for the double post
It looks great! Thank you very much :)

TRATxSTARS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi there, thanks for the dimensions, @Testuo Shima :D
The GBC cover collection I have found has turned out a little more annoying to work with than it seemed at first.
A simple resize didn't work as the ratios between the spines and covers were different. Thankfully I have been able to batch process the covers, creating separate cropped spines and covers, resizing them and finally merging them back together.
Re-combining I thought would be simple, but the tools I had couldn't seem to do it! At last I found some software that could do it in batch also :D

On a different note, there are also some excellent game title logos, (I think complete) on the hyperspin site.

I also found some software called imagemagick, I can't figure out how to use it, however someone skilled could auto batch combine the aforementioned Game Title logos, (which have transparency) Game Title Images and or Snaps, along with a background Fill, with the required dimensions to "automagically" generate 600+ box backs. Which would be awesome!

Reactions: Tetsuo Shima

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Imagemagic is command line. I tried using it, reading docs and tutorial, and finally thinking I was starting to understand how it worked. Instead, after I typed my command and pressed enter, I just wiped away all the covers I was working on. Weeks of work thrown away in a heartbeat. So I give up with imagemagick, it goes beyond my comprehension.
So I always took the "long way" when I made my covers. You can risk autism (I'm almost there..) but at least no risks of rage bursts.

Reactions: TRATxSTARS

TRATxSTARS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Imagemagic is command line. I tried using it, reading docs and tutorial, and finally thinking I was starting to understand how it worked. Instead, after I typed my command and pressed enter, I just wiped away all the covers I was working on. Weeks of work thrown away in a heartbeat. So I give up with imagemagick, it goes beyond my comprehension.
Oh no! I feel your frustration! :hateit:
I came across it in recommendations for merging images together, when I only wanted to do one of the most simple features, and couldn't make sense of what to do or where I was going wrong. I need a GUI for this kind of thing!
So I always took the "long way" when I made my covers. You can risk autism (I'm almost there..) but at least no risks of rage bursts.
:rofl2:

Reactions: Tetsuo Shima

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: k