Not open for further replies.

kyogc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Since there are multi-language files on google site, how can I change the language?

I would like to test my translation before I submit it.

Thanks.

Dyne255

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Truly a work of art. I was blown away when I seen it load up. How you can get the cover art and title art from a click of the button. I was wondering if there was anyway to make Cover Flow a channel? and is there a way to do this with gamecube games?

elmerohueso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RC5 looks awesome! The only cover it didn't get in 3d was Punch Out, but I can get that manually.
I just have 2 feature requests:
- Currently, if you flip over the box and then continue to browse games that cover will stay flipped over. Can you make the covers automatically flip back over when you change to a new game? (always show front cover when scrolling)
- When in 3d mode, can you make it so the cover in the loading screen is also 3d?

Thanks for your work guys. It's beautiful.

asian flavor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried compiling revision 499 and getting an error trying to finding version.h. It seems as if it is not creating the file. Cannot find version.h anywhere. Don't know what is causing this. Deleted the folder and redownload the source numerous times. But I keep getting the same error about not finding version.h. Was able to compile, I think, r493 with no issue. Any help would be appeciated. Also too, my other problem I had earlier with my friend's demo was his Wiii and his 2.5 HDD enclosure. Worked perfectly on mine, but his didn't like the HDD enclosure. Transfer everything to a external powered HDD and loader worked perfectly.

elmerohueso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW - The reason no one can find the 3d Punch Out cover is that there isn't one at theotherzone.com. I just threw one together and uploaded it, so hopefully the mods deem it worthy to post so others can get it automatically through CoverLoader. In the meantime, get it below (it should be the right size as I used one of the other covers as a template).
r7pe.png

deco11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't get any version of this app to work.
I have all of the things required installed.

I keep getting a code dump error upon loading.
Why is this happening?

darscot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think the current build is broken. They commented our the code in the make file to generate the version.h. I put it back in but it even once you get things to compile it wont actually boot a game. Hopefully the can get the mainline sorted. I had just got everything modded to my own personal taste, thought it would be nice to sync to the head but that was a bad idea.

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darscot said:
I think the current build is broken. They commented our the code in the make file to generate the version.h. I put it back in but it even once you get things to compile it wont actually boot a game. Hopefully the can get the mainline sorted. I had just got everything modded to my own personal taste, thought it would be nice to sync to the head but that was a bad idea.

The new code base requires the bootloader to build.

You have to build the bootloader in the bootloader folder; and copy bootloader.dol to the "bootloader" folder in CoverFlow/bootloader

Then build.

Posts merged

deco11 said:
The problem that I am getting is with to builds 5, 3update, 3 and 1. its always a code dump error

You either have a bad cover; or you don't have cIOS 10 installed; or you don't have your SD card inserted when booting.

Posts merged
deco11 said:

QUOTE(Pegasos123 @ May 31 2009, 11:28 PM)
the only problem is ....when 3D covers are activated ....the framerate seems to slow down sometimes because the loader loads the covers

There is a sleep in there to give the buffer time to reinitialize. I can try taking it out... but not sure how thread safe that will be...

darscot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah I tried that, also the comment in coverflow.h regarding this is a little confusing. Any way I uncommented the code so version.h would be created. Reversed the commented code in the makefile related to init=. I then commented out all three lines in the coverflowheader related to dol test and games now boot again. I'ld like to use the new bootloaders stuff but it don't think its complete.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
kyogc said:
Since there are multi-language files on google site, how can I change the language?

Thanks.

Until we build an interface you need to manually edit CODElocalizeLang="EN-US"
in wiicoverflow.xml to the country code of your choice...

Currently, we have support for these country codes:
"EN-US","DA","DE","ES","FR","ITA","PT-BR" and "ZH-TW"

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
elmerohueso said:
BTW - The reason no one can find the 3d Punch Out cover is that there isn't one at theotherzone.com. I just threw one together and uploaded it, so hopefully the mods deem it worthy to post so others can get it automatically through CoverLoader. In the meantime, get it below (it should be the right size as I used one of the other covers as a template).
r7pe.png

That cover is now on the site - someone uploaded a few more covers last night and got both pal and ntsc version of that one - Thanks to them.

Dinoguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this bugs been mentioned ,but this loader won't load if there are any 3-rd(only tested 3rd) party gc controllers, either that or turbo enabled ones.
If one is plugged in the loading screen shows up and then you see an error code followed by a buzzing noise. not sure if this has been fixed since it was tested on the rc3 update.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have searched every page, and looked through the whole google code page, but I can't find the answer to my question. Is there any way to view the back side of the 3-D covers? I truly am sorry if the answer is out there, but I've tried looking everywhere, as well as pressing every button, but I'm not even sure if the feature is implemented yet.

RolloS60

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
fishears said:
kyogc said:

Thanks.

Until we build an interface you need to manually edit CODElocalizeLang="EN-US"
in wiicoverflow.xml to the country code of your choice...

Currently, we have support for these country codes:
"EN-US","DA","DE","ES","FR","ITA","PT-BR" and "ZH-TW"

No, this was applied for the 'old' technique with xml-file localization.xml
New technique: single language files stored in SD:/usb-loader/languages ( edited with UTF-8 encoding )
(examples: .../trunk/CoverFlow/Release/SD_USB-Loader/languages )
Until there is a GUI-menu for selection only the file TestLanguage is used.
@kyogc: you've to rename your file to TestLanguage and build the dol with your own TTF-font.
Please send your language file to LoudBob11.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
guitar hero world tour and ghost squad covers not found in normal view

ghost squad found in 3d view but missing loads of others.

usb loader crashes when i change the graphics from 2d to 3d. graphics go stretched and crazy then it freezes. when 3d mode does work (every now and then) it looks great and the graphics options are top notch.

please fix the crashes

deco11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
guitar hero world tour (PAL) cover does not show up, and medal of honour heroes 2 (PAL) cover is also unavailable.
Also, snow shows up in RC5.

This app is absolutely awesome though.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
RolloS60 said:
No, this was applied for the 'old' technique with xml-file localization.xml
New technique: single language files stored in SD:/usb-loader/languages ( edited with UTF-8 encoding )
(examples: .../trunk/CoverFlow/Release/SD_USB-Loader/languages )
Until there is a GUI-menu for selection only the file TestLanguage is used.
@kyogc: you've to rename your file to TestLanguage and build the dol with your own TTF-font.
Please send your language file to LoudBob11.
I must have missed that meeting.... I assume it was explained why we still have the setting in our xml file AND why we still have localization.xml in the Trunk of the SVN!!!!!

elmerohueso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
elmerohueso said:

That cover is now on the site - someone uploaded a few more covers last night and got both pal and ntsc version of that one - Thanks to them.

Yep. Looks like the mods accepted my work. No Problem. (I wonder why there are so many NTSC versions of this game).

BTW - Gamestop.com is a great source for making covers as they keep the front and back covers of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4