Not open for further replies.

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
here is a compiled r662.
working on my wii.
Please make sure you keep your actual dol in case you need to revert.

url removed as per fishears's request
don't forget to rename it before copying it...
(it is a premium acct, so no download limit.)

Cheers,
R

orangejon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dbest said:
orangejon said:
Just a quick question. Is it possible to have 2 HDD's running at the same time? I'm worried I'm gonna fill my 750GB one pretty quick and would love it if I could just plug another one in next to it (that I already own) rather than having to buy a new larger one.

Out of context, but 750GB filled with games? Thats roughly 150 games.....

I'm at 322GB atm and have about 50 games to go until my back catalogue is archived. I know it's a bit of overkill as some of the games are $hit, but I'm a bit anal about things and kinda get an overly organised head on at times! Just wanted all my games in one place as I can't be bothered going through piles of discs all the time. I've had a Wii since pretty much release and have pretty much every game (that's even slightly good!) for it. Maybe I have a bit of OCD after all!!

asuperdad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm a new forum member. Thanks to the Coverflow development team for all their hard work.

I have been using RC6 and wanted to try out some of the newer builds. I'm new to the scene, so I had to install devkitPro in a Windows environment and also a Subervsion client (QSvn). After getting them up and running, I downloaded code set r666 and compiled it.

I tried out the build but it crashes after a message about gamelist.xml being out of date. I also tried the r662 build posted above (by redia) and it also crashes, in a similar way. I reverted back to the .DOL from RC6 and it is working fine.

Any thoughts, guidance, or things to check are most appreciated.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, why are people so excited about new games working with cIOS rev10 anyway? Is there any reason to not be using cIOS rev13a if you have a correctly coded loader (which this of course is?)

It's great that that is possible, I just don't get why it's a big deal for so many people.

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jhoff80 said:
Okay, why are people so excited about new games working with cIOS rev10 anyway? Is there any reason to not be using cIOS rev13a if you have a correctly coded loader (which this of course is?)

It's great that that is possible, I just don't get why it's a big deal for so many people.

I'm 100% not sure, as I went from 13b back down promptly afterwards. But does 13a also have the bug where you must re-start to play another game from USB? If not, then I can only assume some people just dont feel like upgrading to 13a.

ChronoX_

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
cool, I got build 666 and now this loader is my default loader again... I love it
biggrin.gif

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
dbest said:
redia said:
here is a compiled r662.
working on my wii.
Please make sure you keep your actual dol in case you need to revert.

http://rapidshare.com/files/247036826/r662.rar
don't forget to rename it before copying it...
(it is a premium acct, so no download limit.)

Cheers,
R

I get a DSI exception dump with the new dol.

delete the usb-loader folder.
you will have to re-download the covers.
I do not know why it is doing this sometimes when changing revision....

R

dbest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I removed all the files except for the covers and got the same result.

I will try by deleting the entire folder tomorrow.

Once the new revision loads, i will have to replace the covers as I do not have wifi enabled.

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a request. It would be nice if the loader could have an option to always keep the slot light on. This was an idea from a recent thread here.

asuperdad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed redia's tip and deleted the contents of the usb-loader folder.

I made a .DOL out of r667, which I was able to run successfully, but only one time. I tried launching DeBlob (without a game disc in the DVD slot), but it did not load. I think this is issue 212 which I was hoping would be fixed with r667.

I rebooted to test r667 with a disc in the slot, but I was bummed to see a DSI exception dump pop up. (Perhaps the DSI exception dump did not happen the first time because there was no game artwork in the usb-loader folders?)

I reverted back to RC6 (r544) and put back the old artwork which I had backed up. Things are stable again.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
asuperdad said:
I followed redia's tip and deleted the contents of the usb-loader folder.

I made a .DOL out of r667, which I was able to run successfully, but only one time. I tried launching DeBlob (without a game disc in the DVD slot), but it did not load. I think this is issue 212 which I was hoping would be fixed with r667.

I rebooted to test r667 with a disc in the slot, but I was bummed to see a DSI exception dump pop up. (Perhaps the DSI exception dump did not happen the first time because there was no game artwork in the usb-loader folders?)

I reverted back to RC6 (r544) and put back the old artwork which I had backed up. Things are stable again.

hmm, can you upload that 667 dol for me? If you don't have an account anywhere, just use sharebee

LoRD RPG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sm32 said:
i've compiled a DOL of r669:

http://sharebee.com/9c83fb82
Thanks!
smile.gif

Tried R662 earlier today and when it went to load, it said I had an outdated gamelist.xml file that would be need to be deleted. When I pressed OK, I got a DSI exception dump. I tried a second time to see if it would work and got the same results.

After that I reverted back to RC6.

Then a short while ago, I tried R669 and it gave me the same message, but this time CoverFloader loaded with no problems. I even had all the art work in place.

R669 appears to be faster and I haven't had any problems with it. Tried several games to be sure.

About the only problem I currently have which I had with RC6 is a Wii game called "Solitaire & Mahjongg". After I click on Load, the screen goes blank a moment, then green , then totally black and the Wii locks up. I have to do a hard shutdown using the power button. Don't know if it's a problem with the game or the backup image.

I currently have cIOS38_rev13b installed on my system.

mateyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
LoRD RPG said:
About the only problem I currently have which I had with RC6 is a Wii game called "Solitaire & Mahjongg". After I click on Load, the screen goes blank a moment, then green , then totally black and the Wii locks up. I have to do a hard shutdown using the power button. Don't know if it's a problem with the game or the backup image.

Solitaire & Mahjongg is if i remember correctly an ios reload game. i dont know if it can be fixed via alternate dol or not :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    im sure half the responses won't be literal racial slurs or "drop table" jokes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Look, it's China. They know what it's like when you give a poll to half a billion trolls.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much dollar do you think it is?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    ONE MILLION DOLLA
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I know the pricing of electronics nowadays isn't "how much it actually costs" but "how much we can get away with", but putting up a poll is just cynical.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably $150 someone said Anbernic said around the same price as rg556
    you know which game i wish they would rerelease
    sonic unleashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make it a happy meal toy
    that game's engine is really fucking intensive so it runs like literal shit on xbox 360 and ps3
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah I'm getting value creep again. I look at a $50 console "but for just a few more dollars you could get XYZ" and I end up considering the Steam Deck.
    +1
    like the lighting in that game was genuinely so good
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not getting dragged into that again.
    i dont get why they didn't port the one game that ran the worst on consoles, to pc
    like you port everything to pc except the one game where it would make the most sense. why. what do you gain from this
    is sega just personally fucking with me? are they laughing while watching me through my kinect camera as i get up to restart my xbox for the third time because the game froze again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Buy handhelds from five below better quality
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Valve probably going to do another refresh of the deck this fall with rog ally like specs tbh
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A smaller form factor would be nice too.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The big leap in all things tech is when carbon based chips start hitting.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Longer battery life cooler temps and faster! What's not to like lol (probably expensive as hell)
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [checks my dildo(s) batteries, coolant and lube] :O [promptly replaces them] :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [checks my batteries, coolant and lube] :O [promptly replaces them] :D