Hacking Coverflow demo (Themes)

Levitate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Just another random question.. it's probably a stupid one too but..
Can you use animated .gif files as image backgrounds or other images for the theme?
Or are they not compatible with the Wii?
and if not is there a way I can make animated background images at all or no?

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
jus try it lol

if it loads YAY if not unlucky

and i really hope Hibern releases a update soon, i love the look of this loader but GX is so more complete feature wise, a homebrew menu or a channel launcher would be amazing if added to this
biggrin.gif

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Levitate said:
Just another random question.. it's probably a stupid one too but..
Can you use animated .gif files as image backgrounds or other images for the theme?
Or are they not compatible with the Wii?
and if not is there a way I can make animated background images at all or no?

you can learn to create animated channels here :

http://wadder.net/forums/index.php

they have a very good wiki , and they are very helpful
wink.gif

Oh , and i don't think you can use .gif in the theme of wiiflow , i've never tried but i guess it only supports .png.
Not sure you can do animated background.

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
Deviyl said:
Is this still being worked on?

I love the look of this loader, but a new release wouldn't hurt. =P

There is a new release being worked on at present by the author. and it is looking awesome. Should be available for full release within about 1 month.

Any designers of themes should get in touch with Hibernatus, per his request in the main "coverflow demo" thread as the new version has more options and more controls available. Basically you will need to add a page to the modification pages and you might want to mess with some of the other options. The old themes are compatable, but on some pages the default background and text is back.

This should be the first non beta version.

I hope there is also an official forwarder or channel released. I love the Benjay one and spayrosam's animated one. I'd love an amalgamation of these. I currently use the Carbonik one, with a few of the images removed and others relaced. Simply leaving the animated title, scrolling background with covers and light reflection. It is as near to a default matching channel as I could get, with the little knowledge I have of how these are made.

I'd love some sort of tutorial/information on how to work from the actual programming and how to get to the compiled version, instead of simply modifying other people's work via Wadder.

zedyxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Men,

Is a new version of this theme planned to be adaped to the new 1.0 version of coverflow ?

I'm trying to modify it manually but i have to say it's quite difficult.

Regards.

Z.

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Benjay said:
don't forget to post it when it's finished
wink.gif

EDIT : some people have requested a new version of my forwarder , with the honeycomb pattern on it , so here it is
wink.gif

It has the same ID than the regular one , so it will overwrite if you install it .

http://benjay.free.fr/wiiflow/WiiFlow-WFBJ(honey).rar

Could you edit with some screen capture? At least some splash image and pattern pic?

Thanks.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
^^

Splash screen is still the same.
i've just replaced this :
gradient2.png

with this :
gradient.png

not a major update as you can see ^^
oh , and spayrosam has given me his .dol for the forwarder , so it is much faster to load wiiflow than before
wink.gif

win32rcbot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Too bad nobody rename the thread title to Wiiflow cause the loader is now renamed to Wiiflow instead of Coverflow ©Apple ==> trial $$$

So all people will know that this thead is about Wiiflow theme !

PS : good job men with your custom theme, it makes the Wiiflow USB loader even better. It's a dream now we have a better, more awesome & configurable GUI that will remain for ever in the Wii history !

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Please, someone help me...

I change my theme to Clean_V3 and now i can´t change to another theme, becuz the button is under another and ther is no way to click on it, how can i reset it to original configs?

thanx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy