• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You are missing the point of relativity.
I'm not. I'm establishing that not everything is relative. There are absolute truths, and there is such a thing as absolute, objective stupidity.

If the power grid could be powered by hamsters, then it could be a viable idea to power the grid with hamsters.
"If" is doing way too much heavy lifting in that sentence. And it's a stupid idea precisely because it would still be infeasible even if it were theoretically possible. The food for the hamsters would end up costing more than the value of the energy they produce.

You are highly imaginative with your fart jokes, but you couldn't think about this... which is impressive, in a way.
I'd say it's more impressive that there was a moment there where you considered hamsters might solve the world's energy crisis, but really it's just silly. Shows how easy it is to direct the conspiratorial mind down any pointless rabbit hole.

Reactions: The Catboy

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm not. I'm establishing that not everything is relative. There are absolute truths, and there is such a thing as absolute, objective stupidity.
If are doing that, I don't think you are being effective. It is also like I said, it is subjective to your determination. Maybe you understand that, but we won't know for sure.

there was a moment there where you considered hamsters might solve the world's energy crisis

Was there? It seems like you missed the act of repurposing the idea as an effective tool. Even if the outcome isn't hamsters running the world, its use as a goal could have a potential net positive outcome. History is littered with situations of engineers, inventors, marketers, scientists using "foolish" ideas to come up with better works. It's not a matter of conspiracy. lol. It's called "thinking out of the box".

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the argument?

The argument for or against vaccines, basically. It just seems like a dead argument at this point. Whoever hasn't gotten the vaccine by now likely never will, and most people have already gotten at least one or two doses, so you know - not a lot of "going back" for them. Just saying, the argument between both sides is virtually pointless now. People have made their choices, so why fight against it this late in the game? At some point, the argument just gets dragged out longer than it should.

Reactions: tabzer

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The argument for or against vaccines, basically. It just seems like a dead argument at this point. Whoever hasn't gotten the vaccine by now likely never will, and most people have already gotten at least one or two doses, so you know - not a lot of "going back" for them. Just saying, the argument between both sides is virtually pointless now. People have made their choices, so why fight against it this late in the game? At some point, the argument just gets dragged out longer than it should.
The issue isn’t really about who does and doesn’t get vaccinated, it’s the misinformation being constantly spread by the same people against vaccines. Someone not wanting to get vaccinated based on misinformation is a something that should be corrected. Someone spreading that misinformation is also something that should be corrected. I am not about forcing people to be vaccinated, I am just want to stop and counter the spread of conspiracies and misinformation on the forums.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
But misinformation for vaccines is ok.

Natural immunity seems to be failing the countless unvaccinated people in the ER and dying from Covid.

It's also a lie to say it isn't about who does and who does not get vaccinated when you are constantly voicing the argument that unvaccinated people are threatening you. Lol.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Misinformation" has to be my least favorite buzzword I've ever encountered. During the last couple of years it's been thrown around with abandon in an attempt to stifle discussion and disagreement. Anything that doesn't align with the popular, typically liberal, viewpoint is labeled as "misinformation," implying it's provably, obviously, patently false and that those "spreading" it are aware that it's "false" but spread it anyway to sow dissent, or something.

Claiming to be able to fly by flapping one's arms is misinformation. Arguing against the notion that people who don't get vaccinated are idiots who endanger the holy vaccinated ones is not "misinformation."
This is such a tired mf line. “What even is misinformation lololo”

when you claim there is some reason to not protect the vulnerable people around you with little to no effort on your part if nothing else you’re an ignorant narcissist with as much knowledge of basic biology as a kindergartener. Ever wonder why you didn’t have polio or measles as a child? Immunocompromised people make up about 3% of the population of the US. Literally every day you leave your house you are putting dozens if not hundreds of people at risk for your own ego. That doesn’t even count the elderly (who still deserve to be alive no matter how “vulnerable” you view them) or children (who have been hospitalized in record numbers due to this plague). Take your intellectually bankrupt semantics and choke on them like so much biomass

Reactions: The Catboy

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
"Misinformation" has to be my least favorite buzzword I've ever encountered. During the last couple of years it's been thrown around with abandon in an attempt to stifle discussion and disagreement. Anything that doesn't align with the popular, typically liberal, viewpoint is labeled as "misinformation," implying it's provably, obviously, patently false and that those "spreading" it are aware that it's "false" but spread it anyway to sow dissent, or something.

Claiming to be able to fly by flapping one's arms is misinformation. Arguing against the notion that people who don't get vaccinated are idiots who endanger the holy vaccinated ones is not "misinformation."
Maybe provide a source with actual evidence, credentials, and verifiable. Until anti-vaxxors provide proof that’s actually legitimate, it’s misinformation. I am sorry actual science scares people and I am sorry reality doesn’t care about what the anti-vax movement thinks. Either they provide evidence or their claims are dismissed as misinformation, that’s how actual science works.

Reactions: KingVamp

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Shit like this is actual misinformation, this is the shit anti-vaxxors have been bringing to this thread. By no means should this shit be respected or treated like an equal to actual medical research. There’s literally nothing of this that is linked to any research, verifiable, or even reviewed. It’s actual garbage and it should be called that.

• Haha
Reactions: XDel

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You put a lot of trust behind official sources. I doubt you did the "science" yourself, so you have nothing but blind faith in the "experts" and the government to stand behind. You let them do the thinking for you, never once considering that they may not have your best interests in mind.
I trust the research when reality backs up the research. Each claim made by the anti-vax movement has failed to show up in reality. There have been posted countless “concerns” in this thread and time has proven them all wrong. I am not putting my faith in the government, I am trusting medical researchers over some random guy on YouTube. I am trusting the scientific process that has gone into the research, been reviewed, been verified, and can be replicated. The same can not be said of any of the claims made by the anti-vax movement. I raise a few simple questions, why aren’t the claims of the anti-vax backup by reality? Why haven’t any of their claims been replicated or verified? Why does it always come from shady sites with little to no sources?
As for your doubt, I really don't care what you believe of me. Consider the doubt to have been created by the kind of shit XDel just posted. If I should doubt anything, it should be claims without evidence that don't match up to reality. Why should I trust claims made without evidence?

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: KingVamp

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I appreciate the reasonable response. Also, I'm not 100% anti-vax, I'm just skeptical about the coronavirus vaccine in particular.
I understand the concern about vaccines. As someone who is immunocompromised, I spend literal hours researching every vaccine I am going to get. I also spend a good amount of time talking to my doctors about any concerns about my safety and what to look out for in case I have a negative reaction. I am by no means against concerns about the safety of vaccines because people should care about their own health. I am only against a movement of people spreading misinformation and discouraging others from getting vaccined. This hurts actual skepticism and hurts actual research into the topic when misinformation is spread alongside actual information. Some people either can't or need to be careful when getting vaccinated or even avoiding vaccines and I simply what the information they are getting to not be laced with conspiracies.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shit like this is actual misinformation, this is the shit anti-vaxxors have been bringing to this thread. By no means should this shit be respected or treated like an equal to actual medical research. There’s literally nothing of this that is linked to any research, verifiable, or even reviewed. It’s actual garbage and it should be called that.

...according to Google, though if you check with Klaus Schwab, founder of the World Economic Forum, he says the same thing. Have you never heard of this Fourth Industrial Revolution that he is so proud of?! Have you not seen the research of DARPA and others? Seriously?!?!?! What rock have you been sleeping under?

https://www.bitchute.com/video/6hMRsee96cps/

And here are some more censored doctors, of which there are MANY!!!

https://rumble.com/vsrdax-panel-of-doctors-in-nashville-discussing-mrna-vaccines.html

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
...according to Google, though if you check with Klaus Schwab, founder of the World Economic Forum, he says the same thing. Have you never heard of this Fourth Industrial Revolution that he is so proud of?! Have you not seen the research of DARPA and others? Seriously?!?!?! What rock have you been sleeping under?

https://www.bitchute.com/video/6hMRsee96cps/

And here are some more censored doctors, of which there are MANY!!!

https://rumble.com/vsrdax-panel-of-doctors-in-nashville-discussing-mrna-vaccines.html
Yeah, this just sounds like a loosely strung-together conspiracy with little to no backing in reality. Do you have anything other than known sites knowns for spreading conspiracies?
I can respect that. And certainly there is some stuff that's wildly out there, conspiracy theories that have no evidence whatsoever behind them. I'm just also personally reluctant to unquestioningly accept something as unbiased truth just because it came from an official source. I do accept scientific consensus on most things, even if I haven't proven them myself, like the Earth being spherical and not flat. But I remain skeptical about the whole coronavirus thing, and consider the overall reaction to it by the world to have been excessive.

Once again, I appreciate the reasonable response. Posts like that are much more likely to make me stop, think, and consider the viewpoint of the other person than posts like the other guy who told me to go choke on something.
There are moments when I lose my cool with people and that's mostly due to seeing the same circular arguments that are mostly summed up with the very same issue in the post I am quoting above yours. An actual conspiracy that is being held together with shoestring and bubblegum. At some point, this shit gets old and it's frustrating to deal with, even when one isn't posting. Skepticism is something science is supposed to have, that's how verification and peer-review are done. Someone makes a claim, others say, "sus," the claim is studied and tested and if the results are replicated, then the claim it's safe to say the claims add up and can be verified. This is the process that I prefer to trust over the alternative because the alternative hasn't provided anything close to this process. I am also one for expressing concerns about any medical treatment. I didn't get vaccinated when they first became public. I waited out the results, I talked to my doctor, I talked to another doctor and studied the results. My wife was also part of a vaccine trial and I waited out the results of that as well. I don't jump to trusting without spending time watching the results, doing research, talking to professionals, and even researching conspiracies. I do actually research the conspiracies to see if there's any truth mixed in there before forming an opinion. Most of the time the truth is so disconnected that it's barely recognizable, which is why I don't trust sources that I can't verify.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, this just sounds like a loosely strung-together conspiracy with little to no backing in reality. Do you have anything other than known sites knowns for spreading conspiracies?

There are moments when I lose my cool with people and that's mostly due to seeing the same circular arguments that are mostly summed up with the very same issue in the post I am quoting above yours. An actual conspiracy that is being held together with shoestring and bubblegum. At some point, this shit gets old and it's frustrating to deal with, even when one isn't posting. Skepticism is something science is supposed to have, that's how verification and peer-review are done. Someone makes a claim, others say, "sus," the claim is studied and tested and if the results are replicated, then the claim it's safe to say the claims add up and can be verified. This is the process that I prefer to trust over the alternative because the alternative hasn't provided anything close to this process. I am also one for expressing concerns about any medical treatment. I didn't get vaccinated when they first became public. I waited out the results, I talked to my doctor, I talked to another doctor and studied the results. My wife was also part of a vaccine trial and I waited out the results of that as well. I don't jump to trusting without spending time watching the results, doing research, talking to professionals, and even researching conspiracies. I do actually research the conspiracies to see if there's any truth mixed in there before forming an opinion. Most of the time the truth is so disconnected that it's barely recognizable, which is why I don't trust sources that I can't verify.

Do you mean sites that don't censor conversation which true scientific method does not and can not? So like Youtube? You could search it for Dr Malone to some degree, there is plenty of videos about HEK 293, and the 293 abortions performed to get "positive" enough results to test for Vaccines and mRNA's, as well as to enhance flavor in food. That's all available still through google, but nearly everyone has been silenced since they banned the last president on Twitter.

Anyhow, some links for you to browse through; horses mouth kind of stuff. That is to say, IF you are sincere.

On Facebook:
WEF ON FACEBOOK

The Web:

https://www.weforum.org/

Youtube:

There is also DARPA:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users