Hacking Cracked DLC question

drmarvin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have downloaded lots of legit DLC for RB2. Now, I was screwing around with the cracked DLC WADs, and I got them to tag everything as purchased, which is fine, but I am curious if there is any correct way to remove them, but keeping the ones that were actually purchased, short of a NAND backup. I doubt it, and I know it sounds like a stupid question, but it's my question, nonetheless.

Thanks

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thankfully, Ninty's not entirely stupid about this - when you uninstall the wad tickets that you used to crack the DLC, your Wii will refresh your appropriate ticket file based on your Shop Account (which keeps track of legit purchases), meaning you'll be back to whatever songs you purchased before installing the wads. I'm not sure of the specific process, but it should be as simple as uninstalling the wads and visiting the in-game music store.

drmarvin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks so much for the answer, and you are completely correct. All I did was uninstall the WADs, and then download a free song from the store. After it refreshed the content, everything was back to normal. I am curious if this is a way one could download the cZDE files, back them up with DLC manager, then go back to the normal account settings. Either way, I'm glad things are back to normal.

Cheers

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
drmarvin said:
I am curious if this is a way one could download the cZDE files, back them up with DLC manager, then go back to the normal account settings. Either way, I'm glad things are back to normal.
No. If you remove the tickets, the next time you update your DLC save in the music store it will only keep track of songs you have purchased, and the songs you haven't paid for will give an error if you try to play them. Otherwise anyone could just grab the files without installing tickets.

drmarvin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just as a followup, and I don't know if it's because I backed up the song with DLC Manager also, but it seems that when I download songs when the WADs are installed, then I uninstall the WADs, the songs are still there. Interesting. I haven't tried playing them though. Is there a way of doing it so they stay functional? Just like the cracked DLC PC transfer method? Maybe with IOS37 is patched or something, but I like that everything returns to normal.

Thanks for the input.

drmarvin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So just to verify, unless I have that cracked WAD that allows the download of everything, the downloaded ones (from the crack) will not work. Is that just for the sZDE ones, since you can get cracked versions of sZAE, sZBE, and sZCE? I'm just making sure I understand everything. Do the other 3 work because you have to install a cracked WAD, but you happen to have the DLC already, therefore it works?

Thanks

drmarvin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So after doing this stuff, it seems like it doesn't refresh my real tickets properly. It only seems that it doesn't refresh the sZBE and sZCE tickets. At this time, the only way I can seem to play the legit DLC I have in these sections if to have the cracked tickets installed. Any hints on how to get it to refresh my proper tickets? I guess this might be what I get for screwing around with this stuff.

Thanks for any input.

drmarvin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure this is the issue and I haven't been able to test it, but I'm wondering if you have to download a song from the sZ(xx) bin that the problem is happening. I know that I don't have any songs from the sZDE bin, so they aren't affected at this time. I don't seem to have any problems with the sZAE files, but also the free song that I downloaded to refresh the ticket was from the sZAE bin. I have not tried a free one from the sZBE bin, which is my next step to see if it fixes that group of songs. The annoyance is that if that fixes things, there are no free sZCE songs (although I'n sure I can find one that I would want to buy). If anyone has experience with this, and can verify if this would fix it before I can try it, any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, you have to download one song from each title to refresh each ticket. It doesn't have to be a free song, you can re-download a song you have previously purchased and it won't charge you for it even if it says it will.

drmarvin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I see. I was a little wary to re-download something I purchased already. I tried the free one in sZBE and it did work, so I just need to grab one from sZCE.

Thanks for all the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious