Homebrew CTRTransfer Type D9 Shenanigans

Archerg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so I made a grave error in trying to fix an issue.

My friends 3ds has an SD card that was dying and swapped to read only. I copied everything in the folder to my computer and reset the console with a new SD. I made a large scale goof and overwrote the new system files with the saved older files, so now my Nintendo 3ds folder looks like this (saved files from one backup on the left, merged monstrosity on the right.) After adding CFW to the system, I see I cant just load my friends very important Pokemon VC saves to the new files as its encrypted. I'm guessing I cant just wipe this and start again because the encryption key would change subtly twice and would make me unable to decrypt the old saves, correct?

I am trying the CTRTransfer Type D9 to bring my keys back and at LEAST extract the game saves, but I think I've seriously messed it up. As in the way that when I try to run the rebuild 3ds database option in Full mode, its stating i don't have a ID1 Folder, when I actually have two.

Any Help would be great, as this is very important I fix this mistake for my friend!

Screenshot 2024-05-15 105126.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow