Hacking Custom Fakesigned update iso

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LMAO system menu v 949. That must be that generic SM 1.0 look alike that someone made. System menu 1.0 wad is not possible to obtain from any source I've seen on the web please correct me if I'm wrong.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hells Guardian said:
LMAO system menu v 949. That must be that generic SM 1.0 look alike that someone made. System menu 1.0 wad is not possible to obtain from any source I've seen on the web please correct me if I'm wrong.
Your wrong, sorry

Streamlinehd

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Just a tip Mauifrog...

You have the wrong versions set in your __update.inf file. You have IOS60 set to 04 10 which is the hex value of v1040. You need to change that to ff 00 to make it IOS60 v65280. You also have the same issue with your system menu, it's set at 01 21 which would be menu 289. You have to change that to 03 b5 to make it menu 949.

You can find these settings in the 16-bytes above the FIRMWARE60.255.0 line and the 16-bytes above the SYSTEM MENU V949 line when viewing the file with a hex editor. Offsets 78 79 and 278 279 to be exact.

Streamlinehd

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
This paragraph worries me though...

QUOTE said:
Bushing: System Menu v289 is the newest NTSC version of the system menu available on Nintendo’s download servers; it’s what you will get if you go into the Settings Menu and perform an update. I packed it into a WAD, and maintained the original, valid Nintendo signature, so it should be safe to install. (The disc, however, is fakesigned. This should not be a problem.)

Patching the system menu to v949 will mess up the signature. I would assume this means it has to somehow be fakesigned in addition to the partition. It would likely be the same scenario for the system menu IOS.

Streamlinehd

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Any luck? If you haven't already, you need to change the settings in fst.bin to match your wads. I haven't had a chance to pick up more dvd-r yet so I can't test the disc but I have all the files configured. This would be the only way to fix the Dop-IOS bug on SM 4.3 without a nand programmer so I want to help get this working.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wrong. boot 2 being downgraded is useless. even if you downgrade boot 2 you can't install bootmii there if you couldn't before. it's not the boot 2 that has a problem it's boot 1. If the boot1 has the signing bug fixed then there is no way to install bootmii boot2 short of actually cracking Big N's encryptions. This is because all boot0's do not have the signing bug present in them so we can't install fakesigned content to the boot1 slot without bricking. Oh and because boot0 is stored on a chip that is a one time write only chip we can't tamper with that either. So in short don't hold your breath.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Streamlinehd said:
I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Successfully made an update partition that downgrades the system menu. I will release the disc later today on Wiihacks!!
Awesome work, that should help some people.

Why would you want to downgrade boot2? It won't get bootmii installed.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In which case ignore my rant from above. Just note that if you are patching boot2 you must have a vunerable boot1 or the results would be a pricy paperweight especially since a boot2 version patch would have to be installed by wad it would simply overwrite bootmii and if there was a problem it would leave the system broken. even if the patched version was based on a bootmii boot2.

Streamlinehd

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes of course Hells Guardian. I'm not a newb even though it says otherwise under my name
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: What the hell was that Syl?