Rykin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, here's my problem. I was modding a D2B (the 3 cut legs), and all was going well. I decided to grind down the IC some, expose the internal traces, and then solder directly to them. I tossed in my YAOSM into the machine and it booted GCOS.

So, I go to close the Wii up, and apparently one of my wires wasn't as secure as I thought. Once the system is closed the Wii no longer boots backups. I reopen the system to find one of the exposed traces on the IC is now ripped off, meaning there isn't enough remaining to solder to.

My question is now.. can I grind the IC back any further? I don't have a camera to take photos of my work, but it's basically the same amount of grind you see with any other D2B chip installation (though, I wish I attempted the pin rebuild, but I was working off old information).

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes you can grind it further, but be careful.

I never grind the ic myself, i use awg30 wires standing up to the exposed metal. this is safer incase the wii ever needs to be returned to nintendo.

if you dont think you can fix it, then get the wasabi chip, it doesnt require any wires to the cut pins
smile.gif

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, you could get the new Wasabi chip that uses alternate points... (You don't need to mess with the IC legs.)

PigVenus

Trophies
XP
Country
Would the wii-clip work on a cut-pin wii? I know the wasabi-wiiclip combo should (since it doesn't attach to any of the cut pins), but what about the d2ckey and d2pro?

EDIT: Wasabi is the only modchip (except 9 pin d2pro maybe??) that can work on cut-pin wii without grinding.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2