That's great,
I always set the wads in the recycle bin
tongue.gif

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
deba94 said:
Does this show all title ids on the system? If so, thats some dangerous application. Careful not to uninstall an ios or something as important.
rolleyes.gif

If you're wondering what will happen if you do:
BRICK
easy dont delete anything that has Hxxx , everyting else are games, Nxxx is n64 Jxxx is snes Fxxx is nes Pxxx is turbo graphics Qxxx is turbo CD or what ever that one was M is mega drive Axxx is usualy your custom channels like snes emulator

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
linkinworm said:
deba94 said:
Does this show all title ids on the system? If so, thats some dangerous application. Careful not to uninstall an ios or something as important.
rolleyes.gif

BRICK
easy dont delete anything that has Hxxx , everyting else are games, Nxxx is n64 Jxxx is snes Fxxx is nes Pxxx is turbo graphics Qxxx is turbo CD or what ever that one was M is mega drive Axxx is usualy your custom channels like snes emulator
And what makes you think everyone knows that?

It's good that you posted so they can look at it for reference, but the app is still very dangerous. And with the new vc injector out, doesn't it let you change the title id of the wad to anything you want? Making it more possible to get people bricking their systems.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
deba94 said:
linkinworm said:
deba94 said:
rolleyes.gif

BRICK

It's good that you posted so they can look at it for reference, but the app is still very dangerous. And with the new vc injector out, doesn't it let you change the title id of the wad to anything you want? Making it more possible to get people bricking their systems.
well yes you could, im pretty sure it only lists installed channels tho and not the disk channel or system menus, maybe there should be an update that doesnt list Hxxx IDs for the n00bs, if your not sure what the ID is for copy your games to an SD card and check the ID there best one at a time, or a series of games e.g 1 snes 1 nes 1 n64 etc games at any one time best way imo,

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
linkinworm said:
deba94 said:
linkinworm said:
deba94 said:
rolleyes.gif

BRICK

well yes you could, im pretty sure it only lists installed channels tho and not the disk channel or system menus, maybe there should be an update that doesnt list Hxxx IDs for the n00bs, if your not sure what the ID is for copy your games to an SD card and check the ID there best one at a time, or a series of games e.g 1 snes 1 nes 1 n64 etc games at any one time best way imo,
And what if they used the new VC injector to change the title id to start with an h? They'd be screw if this app's "update" would be released. And how bout if you deleted the channels for the wii channel manager? There's no way you're copying it back to an sd card. Isn't that the whole point of this application? Deleting installed channels that can't be seen? If you have the wad or can view the title id, change it with the steps Teq posted several times and uninstall with wad manager, it's the safest way.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
it ONLY deletes normal channels i.e dothose whose title id begins with 00010001, not system ones

the only risk you got is to accidentally delete (completely) a VC or Opera channel you legally downloaded from the online shop

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
deba94 said:
linkinworm said:
deba94 said:
linkinworm said:
deba94 said:
rolleyes.gif

BRICK

And what if they used the new VC injector to change the title id to start with an h? They'd be screw if this app's "update" would be released. And how bout if you deleted the channels for the wii channel manager? There's no way you're copying it back to an sd card. Isn't that the whole point of this application? Deleting installed channels that can't be seen? If you have the wad or can view the title id, change it with the steps Teq posted several times and uninstall with wad manager, it's the safest way.
you cant delete the channel manager because it doesnt list that, it only lists games and other channels that are on the wiimenu not the hidden title IDs like the system menu you can make a VC game with Hxxx if you wanted but its best to just to let VC injector choose the correct nameing for you n00bs probs dont know how to change IDs anyway, with this app YOU CANT DELETE ANYTHING MAJOR! if you delete anything like weather channel you can install them again with a game with an update.

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jacobeian said:
it ONLY delete normal channels i.e dothose whose title id begins with 00010001, not system ones

the only risk you got is to accidentally delete (completely) a VC or Opera channel you legally downloaded from the online shop
Aha, thanks for clearing that up
smile.gif
. So it doesn't list by title id, but its location on the system? Thats great. So there shouldn't be any worries, I guess, for uninstalling system wads.

JakMon_777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How exactly do I use this program?
The folder I download contains 4 files, a .dol file, a file called icon, a text document called gpl-3.0 and an XML document called meta.
I'm guessing I just put the .dol file on the root of my SD card and run the Twilight Hack, but something tells me that's wrong. My only experiance with this kind of stuff is installing VC games, so I'm quite new.

djcraze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I'm blind or ignorant but what exactly is the purpose of all this WAD/Channel uninstaller?? Can't you just simply go into, oh say, IDK, the Wii Channel Options page then select the channel and hit.. hmm, remove?

Worked fine for me :-\.. (I think??)

What am I missing here?

Thanks

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djcraze said:
Maybe I'm blind or ignorant but what exactly is the purpose of all this WAD/Channel uninstaller?? Can't you just simply go into, oh say, IDK, the Wii Channel Options page then select the channel and hit.. hmm, remove?

Worked fine for me :-\.. (I think??)

What am I missing here?

Thanks
When you use the Wii Options to remove an injected VC wad, it still leaves the ticket behind. This ticket can be seen by Nintendo when visiting the Wii Shop Channel amongst other things. Therefore the purpose of the uninstaller is to uninstall everything, including the channel, save, and ticket.
wink.gif

jbloggs

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do all of these 'third party' uninstallers, uninstall EVERYTHING to do with the channel being deleted, or is there some residule files such as logs and possibly other stuff that is still left behind. So what I'm trying to find out is how clean is the system after the uninstall?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2