Gaming Different modes in SSBB WiFi other than 2-minute Melee?

MillionsKnives

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was just wondering if there are any other modes in SSBB WiFi when you choose the "With Anyone" option, other than the 2-minute melee? I was kind of hoping to see stock matches in WiFi because that is all me and my friends used to play in Melee.

If there isn't, then I'd be really disappointed. I hope that I am just stupid and am missing the option to change this because otherwise its just another gripe to add to the WiFi play of this game.

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, there is stock-matches. You have almost every option from local Multi-player on Wifi matches. Take another good look. >_>

MillionsKnives

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Really? Well I'd like to know how you go about changing it. As far as I can tell, you can only do 2-minute KO fest. I know you can change all the settings when you play WITH FRIENDS, but I don't see how you can change it when you play WITH ANYONE, like I originally asked.

Do you have to unlock the ability to do that or something?

fLaMePrO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just add your friends and change options when you play with them? You can't change anything in a public game AFAIK, that's just how they designed it.

MillionsKnives

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I was just using playing with my friends on Melee in Stock matches as an example of how I would have liked to play against random people on Brawl's WiFi. Unfortunately, I guess there is no way to choose another mode other than 2-minute KO fest. Kind of sucks, but can't do anything about it I guess.

Thanks for the answer.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it's indeed pretty dumb. I also don't like how it doesn't show what kind of connection you have with the other people. Like how with strikers it would say like 4 out of 5 star connection and you could say "yes" or "no" to playing with them to avoid lag.

It just makes you sit there for 70 seconds every time someone joins and then shoves you into a match no matter how bad the lag. So you could sit there for 10 min waiting for a match only to find out it's completely unplayable from lag.

MillionsKnives

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, its a pretty terrible system IMHO. Makes me wonder why they delayed the game multiple times... oh wait, it was because of that stupid single player Subspace Emissary crap.

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
I'll admit that more online options would have been nice, but I can understand why the game doesn't show you a lag meter. There is nothing worse than waiting around for an opponent, only to have the first opponent bail on you after seeing the lag meter. Lag sucks, but I'd rather get at least one match in WITH lag, than spending another 10 minutes pounding sand.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
haha yeah that's true ^

maybe if they gave you like an option before hand to only connect to people when a certain expectation of connectivity is met. or maybe they do automatically and sometimes the servers just get fudge creamed from the intense worldwide super smash bros brawling. ha..

FranckKnight

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can change the options to Stock or Coins by clicking on the upper right bar on the character selection screen. You can even change that between matches with the same group if you want. You probably didn't notice it, but any player can actually change the rules as well.

andreq

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't even get to play random match... It always disconnect after 1-2 minute... It might be my Wifi connection (the wii is under my CRT television... could cause interference) but anyway... it would be so much nicer to have a game list like on the 360...

MillionsKnives

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FranckKnight said:
You can change the options to Stock or Coins by clicking on the upper right bar on the character selection screen. You can even change that between matches with the same group if you want. You probably didn't notice it, but any player can actually change the rules as well.
Again, I think you are talking about when you play with friends, and not with anyone. There is no bar in the upper right part of the character selection screen when you play with anyone, only a box that says "Item" where you can change the items that show up.

DiNo29

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Ho I bet it does.
How else do you explain that, when only Japan Brawl was out, I had like 10 times the lag than from any other game with a friend I always play with. Like, we do a little TF2 on our computers with both our ping at 30ms, then we launch the wii, play a friend match between only us two and have like ping 500ms ? Surely it relayed us trough some far Japanese server, increasing the lag.
Now that the US game (and thus the US servers) is out, it's better.
But not perfect yet, will probably be when the European game will be out, in 2 or 3 years
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1