Hacking Dios Mios Booter black screen

Mustungun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone. I'm here for asking help D:

The title says the main problem: i can't play gc games with Dios Mios Booter, but let me explain from the begin....

-I've installed the Dios Mios (not Lite). It's the last version.... like 2.10 if i'm not mistaken.
-The hard disk is now with only one partition, Fat32 and 32kb cluster.
-The game file is working because with a usb pendrive (8gb) i can play the game, doing the same operations i did at the hard disk.
-With cfg (last version) the game not appears.
-With usb loader gx (pretty sure it's the last version too) the game appears, but i can't play it because the program wants to copy the game into the sd and then it tells me there isn't enough space.
^^^^about that: the sd is 4gb and it has just a bit more than 2gb free, and the game is 1.4gb size, in the options, i set correctly the usb path (in fact the game is shown on the screen), and i'm totally sure that in my wii there is Dios Mios NOT lite.
- With Dios Mios booter i can see tha game, but when i try to play it, black screen.

With the usb pendrive, usind dios mios booter all works fine. With cfg and usb loader gx there are the same problems shown for the hard disk.

My hard disk isn't in the list of compatibility, but in another site (i forgot which) i've found it and it says it works fine with wii and gc, and i confirm that with wbfs wii it works perfectly.

The hard disk is Seagate, the space is around 1.5 Tb and the model is SRD00F2.

Can someone help me? :(

P.S. I've tried to reduct the partition volume to the same size as the usb pendrive, but it doesn't work either...

Thanks in advance and sorry for my awful english. See ya :)

P.P.S. The game is Pokèmon Colosseum.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SRD00F2 is the model number of the hdd enclosure. If you found it in some obscure compatibilty list, it might just mean that the enclosure works for wii games, and gamecube games via DIOS MIOS were not tested. And even if it was tested with DIOS MIOS, it still would't say anything about your HDD.

The absolute compatiblity killer for DIOS MIOS is a HDD with 4k sectors. All HDDs with more than 2 TB capacity have 4k sectors. But on top of that some(most?) newer HDDs use them anyways, even though they wouldn't need to.

So you need to find out if your HDD uses 4k sectos or not. This can't be changed by software btw. Maybe you can find a program that can tell you what physical sector size your HDD uses.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now I'm low, i was upstairs in my wifeys kitchen, now I'm downstairs in my dungeon.(My basement)
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    do you mind? i snuck in with amiibo and jars, and am trying to do my thing brony style
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    have you ever regretted saying something immediately after saying it?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah what i was doing was trying to cure my ever-so-apparent crabs
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: nah what i was doing was trying to cure my ever-so-apparent crabs