Not open for further replies.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Below is my current setup for DML which is running flawlessly:

ver. DML 1.3
Loaders - fix94's DML Booter 1.01 (Using [member='AbdallahTerro']'s DML Booter homebrew app, Forwarder and game channels found here/USBLoader-GX Mod15 found here, near very bottom of page)
DiscEX converted ISO's
'NMM' disabled (no choice right now, but don't use it anyway :P)
Disk in drive

I plan to change my setup and re-dump all my ISO's into the new DML format using GCReEX, test for compatibility and use no-disc in the drive as well since it's on by default now

Mad props to the entire DML dev team, testers, and everyone involved in making the enhancements to load the games.

spayrosam

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Soon SMA is back ;)
newvt.png

and much more...

Reactions: 2 people

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Need some help to compile DML 1.3 to use original discs

Project site says I need to edit config.h

Code:
enum dmlconfig
{
DML_CFG_CHEATS        = (1

Augusta

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ver. DML 1.3
Loaders - fix94's DML Booter 1.01 (Using [member='AbdallahTerro']'s DML Booter homebrew app, Forwarder and game channels found here/USBLoader-GX Mod15 found here, near very bottom of page)
DiscEX converted ISO's
'NMM' disabled (no choice right now, but don't use it anyway :P)
Disk in drive

-DML v1.3
-USBLoaderGX r1156 - MOD15 [Thanks Heilkenator!]
-NeoGamma r56 [Backup Loader]
-DiscEX converted ISO's
'NMM Disabled
-Disk in Drive

Tested about 5 backups [On both loaders]
Also working flawlessly.

Reactions: 1 person

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, now that the video+loader shit is figured out it's looking like I really need to clear a few things up for you guys about the IPL replacement. (v1.0+)
First off, NoDisc is no longer an option that needs to be set. Think it more a permanent consequence.
In revisions 55-59, it was patching that which is no longer there. I suppose the loaders could include the option for the old revisions, but that config does absolutely nothing for the newer release versions. Going forward however, we'll still refer to it as NoDisc in that the term still applies in an even more literal sense. While it's no longer a patch, some games require a disc initialization, that's why we reset the drive on boot. You'll notice for example WaveRace and 1080 will black screen using 1.0 up without a disc in the drive. Others may crash later on. These games are not compatible with 'NoDisc' yet.
It's simple really.. and this is going to sound silly at first but it does need to be clarified. In terms of testing compatibility, default usage with 1.0+ is still with a disk in the drive. Want NoDisc? Just boot DML without a disc. =)
Now it should be noted that the IPL replacement will probably break a few titles even with a disc in the drive. So, you're probably asking yourself "Well what's the upside?" You ever have those annoying random 'error occurred' crashes with 55-59 using NoDisc? Gone...and the games that do happen to predictably fail are easier to debug. No more illegal .wads flying around the net either.
I also feel I have to mention the compatibility list. Please, PLEASE read the guidelines.

Well this is good news, so we shall expect more compatibility with "nodisk" in the new revisions, if there was any reason for me to update it's this particular reason, can't wait for a fix for Shadow The Hedgehog and Rayman 3!

Edit: Are there any plans to add support for triforce with the new DML? Maybe in the future :/

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Well this is good news, so we shall expect more compatibility with "nodisk" in the new revisions, if there was any reason for me to update it's this particular reason, can't wait for a fix for Shadow The Hedgehog and Rayman 3!
Shadow the Hedgehog works fine with nodisc, I'm using 1.3

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Shadow the Hedgehog works fine with nodisc, I'm using 1.3

Best news I heard all day, thanks man :)

Can anyone confirm if Rayman 3 works or not?

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Just wonder how some people can still use "no disc patch" to start some games
by using DML v1.2 or v1.3 ?

If I understand correctly, the "no disc patch" is no longer available in the new DML v1.x.

Is the DML v1.x able to detect/apply "no disc patch" automatically according to the specific
game ? (suppose it may be happened in the future)

I tested all different loaders (DML booter ,WIiflow,USB Loader GX ,CFG) with DML v1.3 and
they all need to load a game disc (either Wii or GC) to start a game from the SD card .
I can remove the game disc after a game is started. But this should not be "no disc".

Did I miss anything here ?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just wonder how some people can still use "no disc patch" to start some games
by using DML v1.2 or v1.3 ?

If I understand correctly, the "no disc patch" is no longer available in the new DML v1.x.

Is the DML v1.x able to detect/apply "no disc patch" automatically according to the specific
game ? (suppose it may be happened in the future)

I tested all different loaders (DML booter ,WIiflow,USB Loader GX ,CFG) with DML v1.3 and
they all need to load a game disc (either Wii or GC) to start a game from the SD card .
I can remove the game disc after a game is started. But this should not be "no disc".

Did I miss anything here ?
boot your Wii without any disc.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so first time i tried this.. all 4 of my games work, 3 are already on the compatibilty list.( double dash, four swords, nfs underground 2)
need for speed, didn't have the "no disk" marked as needing one or not. so it doesn't mine fired right up.
robotec battle cry i didn't see on the list, (might have over looked it.).. but it works great nothing wrong, an also works with "no disk"..
i tried to add the info to the link from skold, but couldn't. so thought i would put it here. mybe it will get put on the list.
as always much respect due to godlike,an crediar, for bringing this to the masses. :)

goemon_guy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kinda hoping someone can shed a little light on my problem here:

I upgraded DML from r58 to v1.3 today. But whenever I boot a GC game through WiiFlow MOD, it just loads Animal Crossing.

It doesn't matter what game I load, it'll always load Animal Crossing.

I've installed the .wad on two different Wii's and it still loads AC no matter what.

EDIT:

It does work when I run it thru NeoGamma.
Is there any way to fix it for WiiFlow Mod, though?
Solved ^
EDIT2:

This is awkward... I updated Wiiflow MOD to the latest revision again and it worked fine.

Thanks!

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's this talk of DML 1.2 or whatnot? Because I'm still getting r59 as the latest version when I download the source.

EDIT: Oh, there's a new source page I guess. Neat.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
What's this talk of DML 1.2 or whatnot? Because I'm still getting r59 as the latest version when I download the source.

Since you brought it up, how do you get r59 to run with no disk? I'd love a version with nodisk = on, NMM = off, and the fix that let's Luigi's Mansion to reset if possible!

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country

Since you brought it up, how do you get r59 to run with no disk? I'd love a version with nodisk = on, NMM = off, and the fix that let's Luigi's Mansion to reset if possible!
works with v1.3, if there is no disc in the drive dml runs in nodisc mode and nmm is disabled by default

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2qdo4ti.jpg
here is my dml launcher, nothing aginst the other ones. i just didn't like them. didn't match up to my disc channel. an were to bland. so i used Lwarze channel, an mixed it with the mod mii, backup launcher channel.( used the icon from it.). so now it looks more like a regular disc channel.i'll fix the main splash screen so it looks cleaner. ;)
http://www.mediafire.com/?5xpp11aey2x9026

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like I'm upgrading to DML 1.3, I'm still nervous to upgrade but all the signs tell me to do so, maybe after I get back from the hospital I'll get to do it!

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
No reason not to upgrade. It's just installing a wad file. And if something breaks, install the old version again or something

Wait I thought if I upgrade I can't go back to the old one, or at least I'll lose the ability to run original disks, if that's true I don't see why I don't upgrade if only for Shadow The Hedgehog!

Edit: To make sure, I don't have to convert disks again as the new DML runs the old disk format, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sosig