Gaming Do you feel bad pirating DS games?

Do you feel bad pirating DS games?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, unless it's a game that is well worth buying and I don't pay for it

• No, I don't care at all

• Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
I feel a bit of empathy for games that I pirate that are definitely worth buying. Especially ones that are often so good that it's a crime not to buy. Moreover, I'm more tempted to buy used games rather than new releases, unless they're crazy awesome and I just have to get it on the first day (Golden Sun, haha).

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Why do we have so many of this threads?

Personally, I don't feel guilty pirating even good games sometimes, but I feel guilty some times. It sorta depends on my mood.

I'm a pirate!
emoticon_pirate.gif

But I've already convinced myself that I will buy some games this year
biggrin.gif

Capn_Makeveli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I try to buy games that are worth it. Especially the ones in series that I collect. But When I don't have the cash, they wouldn't be getting the money from me anyways... So when I'm broke the answer is no. As far as reprocussions, most of the time people get caught and get in trouble is for selling the roms.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
i.Domination said:
Why do we have so many of this threads?

Personally, I don't feel guilty pirating even good games sometimes, but I feel guilty some times. It sorta depends on my mood.

I'm a pirate!
emoticon_pirate.gif

But I've already convinced myself that I will buy some games this year
biggrin.gif
how much is your budget?

Ellara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would rather buy the games that I really liked, but as I have no income, I have to download them instead. In the rare occasions I do get money, I'll try to buy the game that I feel deserves some support (such as a non-mainstream game). On the other hand, it's nice being able to try out games before wasting money on any that turn out to be not so good or just not my kind of thing.

Speaking of which, I wish some games I wanted to support weren't already out of print, like Tales of Innocence. I refuse to buy from resellers (unless I really wanted a physical copy of the game), because the money wouldn't be going to the people who made the game as it had already been purchased once.

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
never feel guilty EVER. For years, the system tried its hardest to fuck me r and my forefathers over countless times. Why should I feel guilty "prating?" What the hell does that term have to do with me anyway?

I DO feel bad whenever I steal from a personal friend of mine, but a big corperation or a non existent entity? they deserve it.

franky86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't feel guilty at all.

i buy my fair share of games, we have over a dozen actual DS games. games that we really want to play and have a secure saved file for, we own the actual game.

BUT we can't afford to buy every game we'd like to try out. many of them aren't worth renting, let alone buying.

theres also many games i want that you just can't find anymore, like imports, limited releases(ATLUS RPGs anyone?!), and older GBA games.

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
No, I don't feel guilty downloading 90% trash. Companies are filthy rich regardless of if I buy a game or not, but anyway, if the games great, I'll buy it (when I've got cash.)

I laughed out loud at the kid who thinks a cops gonna bust his door in to arrest him over roms. Good stuff.
rofl2.gif

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Didn't vote ... I pirate to "demo" games ... if they're good enough I'll buy them ... I'll just need to own them then.
wink.gif
There is too much shovelware and games are too expensive too these days to just buy_and_try 'em out imo. Not just shovelware though, a lot of overhyped games too (Black & White anyone? Only the 1st level had decent fun imo ... for a day, if you were really bored).

I'm one of those "weird" got to have 'em all (all the good games/classics etc) guys. Too bad they aren't making those game-boxes anymore, gave a nice "bookshelf" full of games instead of books.
smile.gif

Proud owner of a lot of sealed DS games (play them on a SD-card anyway ;-) )

EliteKill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't feel bad because in Israel NDS games sometimes reach 400NIS which is around 100$!!!

So, if there is a game I feel like buying, I wait until someone I know goes to the US and asks him to get it for me. That's what happened with Poekmon Platinum, GTACW and soon KH 358/2 Days.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
triassic911 said:
Not at all. It's the "try before you buy" excuse running through my head. I just stay trying. =)

haha, same here, somehow i am currently stuck at trying
biggrin.gif
as for games, it depends, i have an original starforce 2 cartidge, but i still download the rom
biggrin.gif
for the cheats
biggrin.gif
even though technically, i am doing just fine(i have every possible chips).

And nope, i don feel bad at all, well,maybe there's that little voice, but i usually just ignore him/her/it/whatever and pretty soon it goes away
biggrin.gif

Shebang

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I paid enough for PC games way back in the 80ies and 90ies. Half of them were utter crap. Since then I'd rather try before I buy. And yes, sometimes I feel guilty but the games are just way too expensive. If they were 10 EUR a game - no sweat. But neither 20 nor 40 EUR make me buy that. I work half a day for that amount of money ...

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hah, if Nintendo made games cheaper, maybe I'd feel bad about pirating. But when you're looking at $40-$70 for a new release, Nintendo can shove it up their ass. With the way prices are now, and the fact that I'm flat broke with no job makes me not think twice about pirating DS games or anything else in general.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EliteKill said:
I don't feel bad because in Israel NDS games sometimes reach 400NIS which is around 100$!!!

So, if there is a game I feel like buying, I wait until someone I know goes to the US and asks him to get it for me. That's what happened with Poekmon Platinum, GTACW and soon KH 358/2 Days.
DAMN! Now that is expensive for a DS game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...