Hacking Donkey Kong Country Returns USB Loader "Insert Disc"???

scoobydude51

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as i run Donkey Kong Country Returns NTSC game on USB Loader GX, i get this "Insert the Donkey Kong Country Returns Disc" screen. please i love this game! tell me what is going on!

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
scoobydude51 said:
as i run Donkey Kong Country Returns NTSC game on USB Loader GX, i get this "Insert the Donkey Kong Country Returns Disc" screen. please i love this game! tell me what is going on!
Well, maybe you should just do what it says, and insert the disc.

You can also check if you are up-to-date (latest cIOS, I recommend the latest d2x (v4 or v5 Beta1), and the latest version of GX). You can also try another loader, like CFG, for example. I would even recommend CFG, since GX isn't yet fully compatible with d2x.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
d2x is an updated version of waninkoko cIOS rev21.

Latest (r1084) USBloaderGX seems to have difficulty with d2x v4+ and some games like NSMB. It fall back to show the Antipiracy screen.
We will look into this error.

Edit:
I played Donkey kong return (PAL) with d2x v5 and USBloaderGX r1084, I didn't encounter the "Please insert disc" message.

blechner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry to bring back this issue but I had DKCR working fine on an old version of USB Loader GX. Then I updated GX to its latest version (2.3) because Kirby Return to Dream Land was crashing. But now I started to get this "insert disk" message in DKCR. By the way, Kirby works fine now. I am using a very old cIOS 249 (rev 10) because it is compatible with all the games I wanted to play so far and I prefer not to update cIOSs unless it is really necessary. The point is: if DKCR was working before, then I am assuming that the "insert disk" problem is not related to the cIOS, it must be something wrong with GX, right? So, if anyone knows how to fix this problem by changing some settings in GX, please reply. DKCR still works fine on my WiiFlow that runs on hermes' cIOS 222 but I really don't understand why it is not working on GX anymore. Any ideas?
Thanks.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just insert a disc. Anyways, most likely DK worked before, because the old GX might have a patch for this insert disc error. But exactly this patch is the reason why Kirby didn't work.

Now, if you install d2x v6 with base IOS56, you only need to worry if your HDD is supported. If yes, jackpot, everything will work. If not, you can still go back to cIOS rev 10. And the error about inserting a disc won't occur with the d2x cIOS.

blechner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just insert a disc. Anyways, most likely DK worked before, because the old GX might have a patch for this insert disc error. But exactly this patch is the reason why Kirby didn't work.

Now, if you install d2x v6 with base IOS56, you only need to worry if your HDD is supported. If yes, jackpot, everything will work. If not, you can still go back to cIOS rev 10. And the error about inserting a disc won't occur with the d2x cIOS.

Thanks for your reply but I was hoping for a solution that did not involve instaling new cIOSs. When you said "just insert a disk", did you mean any disk? Anyway, I am one of those guys that are afraid of installing new things because it might break things that are working... so I think the safest thing to do now is to play DKCR with WiiFlow.... I would need a very strong reason to risk losing compatibility with games that already work, for instance, one good reason would be if Skyward Sword didn't work (fortunately, it works!). But thanks again!

blechner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Thanks for your reply but I was hoping for a solution that did not involve instaling new cIOSs. When you said "just insert a disk", did you mean any disk? Anyway, I am one of those guys that are afraid of installing new things because it might break things that are working... so I think the safest thing to do now is to play DKCR with WiiFlow.... I would need a very strong reason to risk losing compatibility with games that already work, for instance, one good reason would be if Skyward Sword didn't work (fortunately, it works!). But thanks again!

Hey WiiPower, you seem to know a lot about this subject, so let me ask you....you told me to install d2x so that I won't get the insert disk error anymore in DK... I made some research and, from what I understood, I can install d2x base 56 in slot 248 so nothing will change to my current cIOS 249 rev 10, right? And I would only need to change the settings in GX to use 248 instead of 249, did I get it right? And, if for some reason I don't like d2x or if it turns out to be incompatible with my HDD, I won't even need to reinstall anything, I would just need to change the GX settings back to use 249. Please confirm this so I can give it a try :)
I am happy to know that with d2x I will never need to worry about those troublesome alt dol games like Metroid Trilogy and some other problematic games like Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands.
I am on 3.2U so I think I can skip the installation of cIOS 236 because my original IOS 36 allows me to install new things.
Thanks!

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Thats correct blechner.
If you install d2x in an empty slot, such as 248, it will not affect your current cIOS in any other slot. And just like you said you can switch between the cIOS's by changing it in your usb loader.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Install IOS236 anyways, it not only allows to install anything, it also allows you to overwrite anything. And if you update to 4.3 somehow, it will still be there and reinstalling a cIOS will be easier.

Installing d2x as IOS248 and setting GX to use it should work, yes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess all the food in my fridge can knock out a cow or two
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 oh i bet some rum raisin ice cream is so good

i don't drink, but some rum ice cream might be good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good. My homemade ice cream machine started rust inside so I pitched it, but gotta get a new one, miss making my own ice cream, esp with booze.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good. My homemade ice cream... +1